COVID-19 Information (University of Westminster)
- The Refectory is located on the ground floor of the Maria Hewlett Building.
- It contains a coffee shop counter as well as the main refectory counters.
- Monday 09:00 - 23:00.
- Tuesday 09:00 - 23:00.
- Wednesday 09:00 - 23:00.
- Thursday 09:00 - 23:00.
- Friday 09:00 - 15:00.
- Saturday 09:00 - 23:00.
- Sunday Closed.
- The venue is situated outside the centre of the town.
- This venue is situated in Harrow.
- The nearest mainline station is Kenton.
- The nearest underground station is Northwick Park.
- The venue does have its own car park.
Venue Car Park
- Parking is not free for all users.
- Parking is free for Blue Badge holders.
- The car park is located to the side of the venue.
- The car park type is open air/surface.
- Parking spaces for Blue Badge holders do not need to be booked in advance.
- There is/are 3 Blue Badge parking bay(s) within the car park.
- The dimensions of the Blue Badge parking bay(s) are 260cm x 380cm (8ft 6in x 12ft 6in).
- Designated parking bays are clearly marked.
- The nearest Blue Badge bay is 20m (21yd 2ft) from the main entrance.
- The furthest Blue Badge bay is 25m (27yd 1ft) from the main entrance.
- The route from the car park to the entrance is accessible to a wheelchair user with assistance.
- Assistance may be required because there is / are slopes/ramps.
- The car park surface is tarmac.
- There is a dropped kerb between the car park and the venue.
- The dropped kerb does not have tactile paving.
- There is not a road to cross between the car park and the entrance.
- The car park does not have a height restriction barrier.
On Street Parking and Drop-off Details.
- There is not a designated drop off point.
Outside Access (West Entrance)
- This information is for the entrance located on the far side of The Street, leading off Watford Road.
- There is not level access into the venue.
- The bell is in a suitable position to allow wheelchair users to gain access.
- The main door(s) open(s) automatically (towards you).
- The door(s) is / are double.
- The width of the door opening is 128cm (4ft 2in).
- The push pad to operate the automatic doors when entering is placed at 98cm high.
- The push pad to operate the automatic doors when exiting is placed at 90cm high.
- There are 2 sets of identical automatic doors with a revolving door in the middle.
- The doors to the left are shown in photographs 3 and 4.
- The doors to the right are shown in photographs 5 and 6.
- This entrance opens into the Maria Hewlett Building.
Level Change (West Entrance)
- There is a ramp/slope to access this area/service.
- The ramp/slope is located in front of the entrance, leading up from Watford Road.
- The ramp/slope is slight.
- The ramp/slope is permanent.
- The ramp does have handrails.
- The handrails are on both sides.
Outside Access (Refectory Entrance)
- This information is for the entrance located to the left of the West entrance as you enter.
- There is level access into the venue.
- Level access is via lift.
- The door(s) is / are double.
- The door(s) is / are heavy.
- The width of the door opening is 140cm (4ft 7in).
- There are 2 sets of doors available, one set opens towards you and the other away from.
Lift (Refectory Entrance)
- There is a lift for public use.
- The lift is located in front of the entrance.
- The lift is a platform lift.
- The platform lift accesses a small level change.
- Staff do not need to be notified for use of the lift.
- The clear door width is 88cm (2ft 11in).
- The lift door is manual, heavy and opens outwards.
- The dimensions of the lift are 95cm x 140cm (3ft 1in x 4ft 7in).
- The lift does have tactile markings.
- The controls for the lift are within 90cm - 120cm from the floor.
- The lighting level in the lift is medium.
- There is a moderate ramp in front of the lift on the lower level.
- The lift is used to bypass a set of 7 steps.
- There is level access to the service(s).
- There is not a hearing assistance system.
- This venue does not play background music.
- The lighting levels are medium.
- Motorised scooters are allowed in public parts of the venue.
Eating and Drinking
- The following information is for the refectory.
- Full table service is not available.
- Food or drinks are ordered from the service counter.
- Food or drinks cannot be brought to the table.
- There is a lowered section at the counter.
- No tables are permanently fixed.
- No chairs are permanently fixed.
- Some chairs have armrests.
- The nearest table is approximately 5m (5yd 1ft) from the refectory entrance.
- The distance between the floor and the lowest table is 73cm (2ft 5in).
- The distance between the floor and the highest table is 100cm (3ft 3in).
- The standard height for tables is 73cm.
- There is ample room for a wheelchair user to manoeuvre.
- Plastic / takeaway cups are available.
- Plastic / takeaway cutlery is available.
- Drinking straws are available.
- Menus are wall only.
- Menus are not available in Braille.
- Menus are not available in large print.
- Picture menus are not available.
- Menus are clearly written.
- Menus are presented in contrasting colours.
- The type of food served here is hot and cold meals and snacks.
- There are not accessible toilet facilities within this venue.
- The nearest accessible toilet is located on the 1st floor of the Maria Hewlett Building.
Availability and Location of Standard Toilets
- Standard toilet facilities are not available.
- The nearest standard toilets are located on the ground and 1st floors of the Maria Hewlett Building.
- Staff do receive disability awareness / equality training.
- Documents can be requested in Braille.
- Documents can be requested in large print.
- A member of staff trained in BSL skills is not generally on duty.
- Staff are Text Relay aware.