COVID-19 Information (University of Westminster)
- The Refectory is located on the ground floor of the Maria Hewlett Building.
- It contains a coffee shop counter as well as the main refectory counters.
- Monday 09:00 - 23:00.
- Tuesday 09:00 - 23:00.
- Wednesday 09:00 - 23:00.
- Thursday 09:00 - 23:00.
- Friday 09:00 - 15:00.
- Saturday 09:00 - 23:00.
- Sunday Closed.
- The venue is situated outside the centre of the town.
- This venue is situated in Harrow.
- The nearest mainline station is Kenton.
- The nearest underground station is Northwick Park.
- The venue does have its own car park.
- Parking is not free for all users.
- Parking is free for Blue Badge holders.
Venue Car Park
- The car park is located to the side of the venue.
- The car park type is open air/surface.
- Parking spaces for Blue Badge holders do not need to be booked in advance.
- There is/are 3 Blue Badge parking bay(s) within the car park.
- The dimensions of the Blue Badge parking bay(s) are 260cm x 380cm (8ft 6in x 12ft 6in).
- Designated parking bays are clearly marked.
- The nearest Blue Badge bay is 20m (21yd 2ft) from the main entrance.
- The furthest Blue Badge bay is 25m (27yd 1ft) from the main entrance.
- The route from the car park to the entrance is accessible to a wheelchair user with assistance.
- Assistance may be required because there is / are slopes/ramps.
- The car park surface is tarmac.
- There is a dropped kerb between the car park and the venue.
- The dropped kerb does not have tactile paving.
- There is not a road to cross between the car park and the entrance.
- The car park does not have a height restriction barrier.
- There is not a designated drop off point.
Outside Access (West Entrance)
- This information is for the entrance located on the far side of The Street, leading off Watford Road.
- There is not level access into the venue.
- The bell is in a suitable position to allow wheelchair users to gain access.
- The main door(s) open(s) automatically (towards you).
- The door(s) is / are double.
- The width of the door opening is 128cm (4ft 2in).
- The push pad to operate the automatic doors when entering is placed at 98cm high.
- The push pad to operate the automatic doors when exiting is placed at 90cm high.
- There are 2 sets of identical automatic doors with a revolving door in the middle.
- The doors to the left are shown in photographs 3 and 4.
- The doors to the right are shown in photographs 5 and 6.
- This entrance opens into the Maria Hewlett Building.
Level Change (West Entrance)
- There is a ramp/slope to access this area/service.
- The ramp/slope is located in front of the entrance, leading up from Watford Road.
- The ramp/slope is slight.
- The ramp/slope is permanent.
- The ramp does have handrails.
- The handrails are on both sides.
Outside Access (Refectory Entrance)
- This information is for the entrance located to the left of the west entrance as you enter.
- There is level access into the venue.
- Level access is via lift.
- The main door(s) open(s) automatically (away from you).
- The door(s) is / are double.
- The width of the door opening is 140cm (4ft 7in).
- There is also a sets of double, manual doors located to the right of the automatic doors as you face them (shown in photograph 2). These open towards you and are 140cm wide.
Lift (Refectory Entrance)
- There is a lift for public use.
- The lift is located in front of the entrance.
- The lift is a platform lift.
- The platform lift accesses a small level change.
- Staff do not need to be notified for use of the lift.
- The clear door width is 88cm (2ft 11in).
- The lift door is manual, heavy and opens outwards.
- The dimensions of the lift are 95cm x 140cm (3ft 1in x 4ft 7in).
- The lift does have tactile markings.
- The controls for the lift are within 90cm - 120cm from the floor.
- The lighting level in the lift is medium.
- There is a moderate ramp in front of the lift on the lower level.
- The lift is used to bypass a set of 7 steps.
- There is level access to the service(s).
- There is not a hearing assistance system.
- This venue does not play background music.
- The lighting levels are medium.
- Motorised scooters are allowed in public parts of the venue.
Eating and Drinking
- The following information is for the refectory.
- Full table service is not available.
- Food or drinks are ordered from the service counter.
- Food or drinks cannot be brought to the table.
- There is a lowered section at the counter.
- No tables are permanently fixed.
- No chairs are permanently fixed.
- Some chairs have armrests.
- The nearest table is approximately 5m (5yd 1ft) from the refectory entrance.
- The distance between the floor and the lowest table is 73cm (2ft 5in).
- The distance between the floor and the highest table is 100cm (3ft 3in).
- The standard height for tables is 73cm.
- There is ample room for a wheelchair user to manoeuvre.
- Plastic / takeaway cups are available.
- Plastic / takeaway cutlery is available.
- Drinking straws are available.
- Menus are wall only.
- Menus are not available in Braille.
- Menus are not available in large print.
- Picture menus are not available.
- Menus are clearly written.
- Menus are presented in contrasting colours.
- The type of food served here is hot and cold meals and snacks.
- There are not accessible toilet facilities within this venue.
- The nearest accessible toilet is located on the 1st floor of the Maria Hewlett Building.
Availability and Location of Standard Toilets
- Standard toilet facilities are not available.
- The nearest standard toilets are located on the ground and 1st floors of the Maria Hewlett Building.
- Staff do receive disability awareness / equality training.
- Documents can be requested in Braille.
- Documents can be requested in large print.
- A member of staff trained in BSL skills is not generally on duty.
- Staff are Text Relay aware.