Show Easy Read
- Related link 35 Marylebone Road.
- Marylebone Hall is located on the courtyard at the rear of the Marylebone Road main building and is accessed through it.
- Parking would not generally be made available to student residents or visitors.
- The venue is situated within the centre of the campus.
- This venue is situated in the Marylebone campus.
- The venue is not situated on a road which has a steep gradient.
- The nearest National Rail station is Marylebone.
- There is a bus stop within 150m (164yds) of the venue.
- The nearest underground station is Baker Street.
Parking (Staff and Blue Badge Parking)
- The venue does have its own car park.
Venue Car Park
- Parking is free for Blue Badge holders.
- The car park is located below the main building, on level P1(B1).
- The car park type is underground.
- Parking spaces for Blue Badge holders do need to be booked in advance.
- There is/are 3 Blue Badge parking bay(s) within the car park.
- The dimensions of the Blue Badge parking bay(s) are 360cm x 600cm (11ft 10in x 19ft 8in).
- Designated parking bays are clearly marked.
- The nearest Blue Badge bay is 5m (5yd 1ft) from the staff entrance to level P1 (B1).
- The furthest Blue Badge bay is 10m (10yd 2ft) from the staff entrance to level P1 (B1).
- The route from the car park to the entrance is accessible to a wheelchair user with assistance.
- Assistance may be required because there is / are slopes/ramps.
- The car park surface is concrete.
- There is not a road to cross between the car park and the entrance.
- The car park does have a height restriction barrier.
On Street Parking and Drop-off Details.
- There is not a designated drop off point.
- The entrance to the car park is from Luxborough Street, to the east of the building.
- Security staff control the barrier at the entrance to the car park.
- There are a very small number of standard parking bays. These are generally used for deliveries or tradespeople needing to bring equipment to site.
- There is no on site standard parking for students or visitors.
- Marylebone Road is a very busy red route where stopping is not permitted.
Outside Access (Marylebone Hall Entrance)
- This information is for the entrance located at the front of the building, facing the courtyard at the rear of 35 Marylebone Road.
- There is level access into the venue.
- The main door(s) open(s) automatically.
- The door(s) is / are double.
- The width of the door opening is 156cm (5ft 1in).
Second set of doors
- There is a second set of doors.
- The door(s) open(s) automatically.
- The door(s) is / are double.
- The width of the door opening is 146cm (4ft 9in).
- The desk/counter is 5m (5yd 1ft) from the Marylebone Hall entrance.
- There is level access to the desk/counter from the entrance.
- The lighting levels are medium.
- The desk/counter is high (110cm+).
- The desk/counter has a low (76cm or lower) section.
- The desk/counter is staffed.
- There is a hearing assistance system.
- The type of system is a fixed loop.
- Staff are trained to use the system.
- There is level access to the service(s).
- There is not a hearing assistance system.
- This venue does play background music.
- Music is played within the reception area.
- The lighting levels are varied.
- Motorised scooters are allowed in public parts of the venue.
- There are automatic doors between the entrance foyer and the corridor leading to the lifts.
- There are 15+ steps between floors.
- There are manual, heavy, single doors to access the stairwell on all floors.
- The lighting levels are bright.
- The steps are clearly marked.
- The steps are medium (11cm - 17cm).
- The steps do have handrails.
- The steps have a handrail on both sides.
- There is a landing.
- There are 21 floors.
- The laundry room is located on the basement floor.
- There is a lift for public use.
- The lift is located at the rear of the lobby.
- The lift is a standard lift.
- Wall mounted information boards are not provided at lift landings.
- There are manual, heavy, single doors to access the lift lobby from the first floor upwards.
- The lift is approximately 13m (14yd 8in) from the main entrance.
- The clear door width is 90cm (2ft 11in).
- The dimensions of the lift are 105cm x 175cm (3ft 5in x 5ft 9in).
- There are not separate entry and exit doors in the lift.
- There is not a mirror to aid reversing out of the lift.
- The lift does have a visual floor indicator.
- The lift does have an audible announcer.
- The lift does have a hearing loop system.
- The lift does have Braille markings.
- The lift does have tactile markings.
- The controls for the lift are within 90cm - 120cm from the floor.
- The lighting level in the lift is medium.
- There are 21 floors.
- Both lifts go to the first, second and third floors.
- Beyond that, one lift goes to odd floors, the other to even.
Location of Accessible Accommodation
- The establishment provides 8 accessible accommodation facilities with an ensuite and/or separate accessible bathroom.
- The accessible facilities are located on the second and third floor (4 rooms on each floor).
- There is level access from an accessible entrance.
- This is by lift.
- The room number viewed was 3e.
- The width of the door to the room is 83cm (2ft 9in).
- The dimensions of the clear floor space are 205cm x 260cm (6ft 9in x 8ft 6in).
- The bed is 50cm (1ft 8in) high.
- The measurement between the bed base and floor is 33cm (1ft 1in).
- Light switches are within 120cm (4ft) from floor level.
- There is a functional emergency alarm in the room.
- Other accessible facilities available in the accommodation are a kitchen shared between the two accessible and two standard bedrooms in the flat. The kitchen has a sink and hob on worktops which could be fixed lower if required.
- Assistance dogs are welcome to stay with residents in accessible accommodation.
- The information relates to the ensuite.
- The dimensions of the bathroom are 230cm x 250cm (7ft 7in x 8ft 2in).
- The door opens outwards.
- The width of the door to the bathroom is 82cm (2ft 8in).
- The door weight is light.
- There is a functional emergency alarm in the bathroom.
- The door is locked by a twist lock.
- The height of the toilet seat above floor level is 50cm (1ft 8in).
- There is a toilet roll holder.
- The toilet roll holder can be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The toilet roll holder is not placed higher than 100cm in height.
- There is a wash basin.
- The wash basin can be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The height of the wash basin is 70cm (2ft 4in).
- There is a mixer tap.
- The tap type is lever.
- There is a lateral transfer space.
- The measurement of lateral transfer space is 60cm (1ft 12in).
- As you face the toilet pan the transfer space is on the left.
- There is a dropdown rail on the transfer side.
- There is a flush on the transfer side.
- Wall mounted grab rails are available for the toilet.
- As you face the toilet pan the wall mounted grab rails are on both sides.
- There are mirrors.
- The mirrors are not placed at a lower level or at an angle for ease of use.
- Disposal facilities are available.
Bath and Shower
- There is not a bath.
Wheel In Shower
- There is a wheel in shower.
- The shower head height is adjustable.
- The type of shower controls used are lever.
- The shower seat is flip-down.
- The shower seat height is 47cm (1ft 7in).
- There are handrails available for the shower.
Colour contrast and lighting in accessible rooms
- The colour contrast between the external room door and wall is good.
- The colour contrast between the walls and floor is good.
- The colour contrast between the internal room door and wall is good.
- The colour contrast between external ensuite / bathroom door and wall is good.
- The lighting levels are bright.
Colour contrast and lighting in accessible bathroom
- The colour contrast between the internal bathroom door and wall is good.
- The colour contrast between the walls and floor in the bathroom is good.
- The colour contrast between the drop down rails and wall is good.
- The colour contrast between the grab rails and wall is good.
- Lighting levels are bright.
Auxiliary Aids - General
- Some of the rooms have auxiliary aids for people with sensory impairments.
- Available auxiliary aids include flashing alarms and vibrating pillows.
- Flashing fire alarms are available on request.
- Vibrating fire alarms are available on request.
- There is / are 0 accessible room(s) with a bath.
- There is / are 8 accessible room(s) with a wheel in shower.
Standard Rooms on Other Floors
- There are standard rooms on other floors.
- The other floors can be accessed by lift.
- There is level access to standard rooms on other floors.
- Adjoining rooms are not available.
- At the time of our visit room 3e had been set out for twin occupancy.
- Furniture would be arranged for single occupancy for a disabled resident.
- Staff do receive disability awareness / equality training.
- Documents can be requested in Braille.
- Documents can be requested in large print.
- A member of staff trained in BSL skills is not generally on duty.
- This service can be requested.
- Staff are Text Relay aware.