COVID-19 Information (Aberystwyth University)
- The information in this section was taken in March 2021.
- Building opening times will vary depending on COVID-19 restrictions in place at the time.
- There have been no changes to the Blue Badge parking bays.
- In buildings where teaching takes place, one-way systems have been introduced, with some designated entrances and exit points.
- One-way systems will be in force during the changeover period between teaching activities (generally between ten to and ten past the hour).
Individuals with accessibility requirements, however, are not required to follow building one-way systems, and continue to be able to enter, exit and navigate buildings via the most accessible routes.
- In tight entrance and exit points, hand sanitising stations will generally be wall-mounted rather than free standing to maximise the available space.
- Hand sanitising stations have been installed at all building entrances and exits. Supplies of sanitising wipes have also been made available at strategic locations.
- Floor markings have been added to assist with social distancing and way-finding, to account for one-way systems. Signage has also been put on walls and doors to remind building users to keep at least 2 metres apart.
- Room capacities have been reviewed and reduced to ensure that social distancing of at least 2 metres can be maintained. Maximum room capacities will be clearly signposted at the entrances.
- Protective screens have been introduced at all reception desk areas.
- Building lifts should be single occupancy only, unless individuals are with other members of their households or extended households.
- Some urinals and cubicles in standard toilets have been closed to assist with social distancing. Majority of toilet areas have been changed to single occupancy areas only, adopting a knock and shout approach.
- Communal changing areas are closed. All shower areas to be single occupancy areas only, adopting a knock and shout approach.
- All users of University buildings are expected to comply with the University's guidance on face coverings Individuals who are exempt from the requirement to wear a face covering are asked to wear a distinguishable lanyard to identify to others that they are exempt.
- For more information about the measures in place for Covid-19 please click here (new tab) .
- Additional information about the measures in place for Covid-19 can be found here (new tab) .
Location of Room(s)
- 0.01 Edward Llwyd Building is located off the main corridor on the lower ground floor of the Edward Llwyd Building. The lecture theatre is 40m from the rear accessible entrance in the Edward Llwyd Building.
- To view the AccessAble access guide for Edward Llwyd Building please click here (new tab).
- Directional and locational signage for the lecture theatre(s) is available in upper and lower case lettering that is clearly visible.
- The corridor outside the lecture theatre(s) is sufficiently wide enough (150cm+) to allow wheelchair users to pass.
- There is step free access into the lecture theatre(s).
- The door opening width(s) is/are 75cm+ for the lecture theatre(s).
- The door(s) for the lecture theatre(s) is/are not push pad activated.
- There are no designated spaces for wheelchair users within the lecture theatre(s).
- The step(s) is/are clearly marked and does/do not have handrails.
- There is space for an assistance dog.
- There is step free access to the speaker's area at the front of the lecture theatre(s).
- The speaker's desk/table is height adjustable.
- There is staggered seating within the lecture theatre(s).
- The steps to the staggered seating do not have handrails.
- There is a hearing assistance system for the lecture theatre(s).
- There is not a visual fire alarm beacon in the lecture theatre(s).
- There is fixed furniture within the lecture theatre(s).
- The clear floor space beneath tables in the room(s) is 72cm.
- A height adjustable table/bench is not available.
- There are no chairs with armrests on both sides within the lecture theatre(s).
- Floor coverings in the lecture theatre(s) are even with no trip hazards.