Show Easy Read
- Services / facilities within the building include the Faculty of Social Sciences and Law - Policy Studies; Exercise, Nutrition and Health Sciences - seminar rooms, meeting room and staff offices.
- Monday 09:00 - 17:00.
- Tuesday 09:00 - 17:00.
- Wednesday 09:00 - 17:00.
- Thursday 09:00 - 17:00.
- Friday Closed.
- Saturday Closed.
- Sunday Closed.
- The venue is situated within the centre of the city.
- This venue is situated in Bristol.
- The nearest National Rail station is Clifton Down.
- There is a bus stop within 150m (164yds) of the venue.
- The venue does not have its own car park.
Public Car Parks
- There is not a car park for public use within 200m (approx).
On Street Parking and Drop-off Details
- On street marked Blue Badge bays are not available.
- Clearly signed and / or standard marked parking bays are available.
- Standard marked parking bays are located on Woodland Road, in front of the building.
- There is not a designated drop off point.
- The standard on street parking is pay and display, with a 3 hour maximum stay.
- It is free for Blue Badge holders.
Outside Access (Main Entrance)
- This information is for the entrance located at the front of the building, off Woodland Road.
- There is not level access into the venue.
- The main door(s) open away from you (push).
- The doors are single width.
- The door(s) is / are heavy.
- The door opening is 72cm (2ft 4in) wide.
Level Change (Main Entrance)
- There is a / are step(s) to access this area / service.
- The step(s) is / are located in front of the entrance.
- There is / are 5 step(s) to the area / service.
- There is not tactile paving at the top and bottom of the steps.
- The step(s) is / are not clearly marked.
- The step(s) is / are deep.
- There is also a moderate step in front of the second door.
- There is level access to the service.
- There is a hearing assistance system.
- The system is a fixed loop.
- Staff are trained to use the system.
- The hearing loop is fitted in the ground floor seminar rooms (shown in the photographs).
- The floors which are accessible by stairs are B-G-1-2.
- There are 15+ steps between floors.
- The lighting levels are medium.
- The steps are clearly marked.
- The steps are deep (18cm+).
- The steps do have handrails.
- The steps have a handrail on the right going up.
- There is a landing.
- The services / areas on the floors which are not accessible are a meeting room, staff offices and the male toilet.
- The stairs between floors 1 and 2 have handrails on both sides.
Location and Access
- There are not accessible toilets within this venue designated for public use.
Availability and Location of Standard Toilets
- Standard toilets are available.
Access to Standard Female Toilet(s)
- The female toilets are located opposite the main entrance.
- The female toilets are 6m (6yd 1ft) from the main entrance.
- Inside the venue, there is level access to the female toilet.
- Lighting levels are medium.
Access to Standard Male Toilet(s)
- The male toilets are located on the first floor.
- Inside the venue, there is not level access to the male toilet.
- Lighting levels are medium.
- Staff do receive disability awareness / equality training.
- Documents can be requested in Braille.
- Documents can be requested in large print.
- A member of staff trained in BSL skills is not generally on duty.
- This service can be requested.
- This building does not have fire alarm strobes.
- There is not level egress from the ground floor.
- There is not an evacuation chair for the building.
- There is not an evacuation lift for the building.