- The Riverside and Woodlands Centre is situated to the south of Hillingdon town centre on the Hillingdon Hospital site. The centres are located off the hospital access road and can be accessed from the Main Hospital Entrances on Colham Green Road and Royal Lane.
- Standard and Blue Badge parking is located adjacent to the Riverside and Woodlands Centre.
- There is a bus stop for the Hillingdon Hospital site located in front of the Main Hospital Entrance which is approximately 400m the Riverside and Woodlands Centre. The services that stop at the Hillingdon Hospital entrance (Stop HA and HB) are the U1, U2, U3, U4, U5 and U7. The U1, U3, and U5 also stop on Colham Green Road (Stop T) which is approximately 130m from the centres.
- The nearest station to the Riverside and Woodlands Centre is West Drayton. The Riverside and Woodlands Centre are 1.8 miles from the train station via Falling Lane, Park View Road and Colham Green Road and Standing Way (9 min drive). Hillingdon train station is 2.7 miles away (17 min drive).
- The nearest underground station is Uxbridge and is served by the Metropolitan and Piccadilly lines. It is 2.5 miles from the Riverside and Woodlands Centre (13 min drive).
- Please click on the link below for up to date London transport.
- To view the web page described above click here (opens in new tab).
Getting Help and Assistance
- A member of staff trained in BSL skills is not normally on duty.
- British Sign Language interpreters can be provided on request.
- Language interpreters can be provided on request.
- The alternative formats documents can be provided in include; Braille on request, large print on request and Makaton on request.
- The venue does have a dedicated car park.
- The car park is located in front of the building.
- The car park type is open air/surface.
- The car park does not have a height restriction barrier.
- The car park does not have a barrier control system.
- The car park surface is tarmac.
- There is a/are Blue Badge parking bay(s) available.
- The Blue Badge bay(s) is/are clearly marked.
- There is/are 3 designated Blue Badge parking bay(s) within the car park.
- The dimensions of the designated Blue Badge parking bay(s) surveyed are 379cm x 475cm (12ft 5in x 15ft 7in).
- There is not a 120cm hatched zone around the Blue Badge parking bay(s).
- Parking spaces for Blue Badge holders do not need to be booked in advance.
- There is an overflow car park for staff and visitors.
- There are parking charges for the car park.
- Payment signs are provided.
- Payment signs are clearly presented.
- Payment signs are located at the payment machines in the car park.
- Payment signs do make it clear if parking charges apply to Blue Badge holders.
- Parking is not free for Blue Badge holders.
- To see the parking charges please click here (opens new tab).
- Payment machines are located throughout the car park.
- There is not a payment machine at a convenient height for wheelchair users.
- There is not a level turning space (minimum 185cm x 210cm) in front of the payment machine(s).
Access from the Car Park
- The route from the car park to the entrance is accessible to a wheelchair user with assistance.
- Assistance may be required because there is / are dropped kerbs.
- The entrance is clearly visible from the car park.
- The surface on the approach to the entrance is tarmac, block paving and paving slabs.
- There is tactile paving on dropped kerbs between the car park and the entrance.
- The nearest designated Blue Badge parking bay is approximately 28m (30yd 1ft) from the Main Entrance.
- Free parking for Central North West London services is via a permit obtained from the Riverside Centre.
- The information relating to parking charges above applies to parking without a permit.
Opening Times (Visiting Hours)
- Monday 16:00 - 20:00.
- Tuesday 16:00 - 20:00.
- Wednesday 16:00 - 20:00.
- Thursday 16:00 - 20:00.
- Friday 16:00 - 20:00.
- Saturday 14:00 - 20:00.
- Sunday 14:00 - 20:00.
Outside Access (Main Entrance)
- This information is for the entrance located at the front of the building.
- The entrance area/door is clearly signed.
- There is step free access at this entrance.
- There is a canopy or recess which provides weather protection at this entrance.
- There is an intercom but it is not at a convenient height for wheelchair users to gain access.
- There is a door release button but it is not at a convenient height for wheelchair users to exit.
- The main door(s) open(s) towards you (pull).
- The door(s) is/are single width.
- The door(s) is/are heavy.
- The width of the door opening is 85cm.
- There is a small lip on the threshold of the entrance, with a height of 2cm or below.
- There is level access once inside.
- There is not a hearing assistance system.
- This venue does not play background music.
- Wayfinding signage is not available.
- The type of flooring in walkways and corridors is vinyl/laminate.
- There is flooring in corridors which is shiny and could cause issues with glare or look slippery to some people.
- The lighting levels are medium.
- Signs indicating the location of the stairs are clearly visible from the entrance.
- The floors which are accessible by stairs are G,1.
- There are 15+ steps between floors.
- The height of the step(s) is/are between the recommended 15cm and 18cm.
- The going of the step(s) is/are between the recommended 30cm and 45cm.
- The steps are clearly marked.
- The steps do have handrails.
- The steps have a handrail on both sides.
- Handrails are not at the recommended height (90cm-100cm).
- Handrails do cover the flight of stairs throughout its length.
- Handrails are easy to grip.
- Handrails do not extend horizontally beyond the first and last steps.
- There is a landing.
- Clear signs indicating the facilities on each floor of the building are not provided on landings.
- The lighting levels are good.
- Accessible accommodation is not available in this building/area.
- There are 15 rooms split between the ground floor and the first floor. The room surveyed was located on the ground floor and was the only room to contain a height adjustable bed and a shower room with ambulant features.
- The door opening width for the flat/room surveyed is 75cm+.
- There is room for a wheelchair user to manoeuvre in the flat/room surveyed.
- The flat/room surveyed did not have an accessible bathroom.
- The type of flooring in the flat/room surveyed is vinyl/laminate.
- The colour contrast between the walls and floor in the flat/room surveyed is good.
- The washroom surveyed has a wheel in shower, a toilet and a wash basin.
- There is/are 1 washroom(s) of this type in the unit.
- The washroom surveyed is located on the ground floor.
- There is step free access to the washroom surveyed once inside the unit.
- This washroom is interchangeable between male and female.
- There is no additional signage on or near the washroom door.
- The washroom door(s) open(s) outwards.
- The door(s) does not/do not have a lock.
- The door(s) is/are heavy to open.
- The width of the door opening is 86cm (2ft 10in).
- The dimensions of the washroom are 210cm x 188cm (6ft 11in x 6ft 2in).
- The washroom does have an unobstructed minimum turning space of 150cm x 150cm.
- There is an emergency pull cord alarm.
- There is a push button alarm system in this washroom.
- There is not a flashing fire alarm beacon within the washroom.
- There is not a coat hook in the washroom.
- There is a mirror.
- There is not a tall mirror, with suitable specifications, for ease of use.
- There is a wash basin.
- The wash basin cannot be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The height of the wash basin is 86cm.
- There are no wall-mounted grab rails for the wash basin.
- The tap type is lever. It is a mixer tap.
- There is a soap dispenser.
- The soap dispenser cannot be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The height of the soap dispenser is 129cm.
- There is a towel dispenser.
- The towel dispenser cannot be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The height of the towel dispenser is 123cm.
- There is not a hand dryer.
- Disposal facilities are not available.
- The washroom has a non-slip floor.
- The height of the toilet seat above floor level is 44cm (1ft 5in).
- The cistern is close coupled and can act as a back rest.
- There is a lateral transfer space.
- As you face the toilet pan the transfer space is on the left.
- The lateral transfer space is 125cm.
- There is a flush, however it is not on the transfer side.
- There are dropdown rails on both sides of the toilet.
- There are no wall-mounted grab rails for the toilet.
- There is a toilet roll holder.
- The toilet roll holder cannot be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The height of the toilet roll holder is 94cm.
- There is not a colostomy changing shelf for standing users next to the toilet.
- The height of the shower head is 197cm (6ft 6in).
- There is a wheel in shower.
- The shower head height is fixed.
- The shower control type is lever.
- There is no seat for the shower.
- There are not wall-mounted grab rails available for the shower.
Colour Contrast and Lighting
- The colour contrast between the external washroom door and wall is good.
- The colour contrast between the internal washroom door and wall is good.
- The colour contrast between the dropdown rail(s) and wall is poor.
- The toilet seat colour contrast is poor.
- The colour contrast between the washroom floor and walls is good.
- Lighting levels are medium.
- There are not accessible toilet facilities within this venue.
Availability and Location of Standard Toilets
- Standard toilet facilities are not available.
Related Access Guides
- To view other access guides that are related to this one please use the links below.
- Riverside Centre link (new tab) - click here.