Show Easy Read
- Ambler Children's Centre is set in the grounds of Ambler Primary School, at the northern end of Blackstock Road, near Finsbury Park.
- Access to Ambler Children’s Centre is via its own entrance on Romilly Road, at the rear of the property.
- The Children's Centre provides day care integrated with early education for children aged 6 months to 5 years, all the way to the end of reception class.
- Term-time only places are also available.
- Being part of a primary school ensures smooth transitions for our children who need not move provision from 6 months to 11 years.
- In addition, Ambler Children's Centre provides family support, health services and activities to enhance wellbeing, such as yoga and aerobics (the latter with a crèche).
- Our Stay and Plays run throughout the week, providing for children under 18 months separately.
- Baby signing and song and rhyme sessions happen within the Stay and Plays. Please call for details.
- As a result of sharing space and resources with the school, we are able to offer ESOL (English for Speakers of Other Languages) classes with a crèche.
- Ambler also hosts monthly meetings for deaf parents and is introducing a similar session for lone parents.
- Ambler is a welcoming community with something for all families.
- Monday 08:00 - 18:00.
- Tuesday 08:00 - 18:00.
- Wednesday 08:00 - 18:00.
- Thursday 08:00 - 18:00.
- Friday 08:00 - 18:00.
- Saturday Closed.
- Sunday Closed.
- The centre is open on saturdays for Stay and Play sessions.
- The venue is situated outside the centre of the borough.
- This venue is situated in Islington.
- There is a bus stop within 150m (164yds) of the venue.
- The nearest mainline station is Finsbury Park Station.
- The nearest underground station is Finsbury Park Station.
- The venue does not have its own car park.
Public Car Parks
- There is not a car park for public use within 200m (approx).
On Street Parking and Drop-off Details
- On street marked Blue Badge bays are not available.
- Clearly signed and / or standard marked parking bays are available.
- Standard marked parking bays are located along Blackstock Road.
- There is not a designated drop off point.
- The on street parking bays are for about 8 cars.
- Parking requires pay and display.
Outside Access (Main Entrance)
- This information is for the entrance located off Romilly Road, at the rear of the building.
- There is level access into the venue.
- The bell is in a suitable position to allow wheelchair users to gain access.
- The main door(s) open(s) towards you (pull).
- The door(s) is / are single.
- The door(s) is / are heavy.
- The width of the door opening is 105cm (3ft 5in).
- There is no access to the Childrens Centre from Blackstock Road.
- The desk/counter is 3m (3yd 10in) from the main entrance.
- There is level access to the desk/counter from the entrance.
- The desk/counter is medium height (77cm - 109cm).
- The desk/counter does not have a low (76cm or lower) section.
- The lighting levels are medium.
- There is level access to the service.
- There is not a hearing assistance system.
- This venue does not play background music.
- Motorised scooters are not allowed in public parts of the venue.
- The lighting levels are bright.
- There are accessible toilets within this venue designated for public use.
Location and Access
- The toilet is not for the sole use of disabled people.
- There is pictorial signage on or near the toilet door.
- The accessible toilet is 8m (8yd 2ft) from the main entrance.
- The accessible toilet is located to the left of the entrance.
- There is level access to the accessible toilet.
Features and Dimensions
- This is a unisex toilet.
- A key is not required for the accessible toilet.
- The door opens outwards.
- The door is locked by a twist lock.
- The width of the accessible toilet door is 88cm (2ft 11in).
- The door weight is heavy.
- The dimensions of the accessible toilet are 163cm x 210cm (5ft 4in x 6ft 11in).
- There is sufficient turning space in the cubicle for a wheelchair user.
- There is a lateral transfer space.
- As you face the toilet pan the transfer space is on the right.
- The lateral transfer space is 84cm (2ft 9in).
- There is a dropdown rail on the transfer side.
- There is a flush on the transfer side.
- The tap type is lever.
- There is a mixer tap.
- There is a functional emergency alarm available.
- Disposal facilities are available in the cubicle.
- There is a coat hook.
- The coat hook is within 120cm (3ft 11in) from floor level.
Position of Fixtures
- Wall mounted rails are available.
- As you face the toilet the wall mounted grab rails are on the left.
- There is a shelf within the accessible toilet.
- The shelf is higher than 100cm (3ft 3in).
- There are mirrors.
- Mirrors are placed at a lower level or at an angle for ease of use.
- The height of the toilet seat above floor level is 46cm (1ft 6in).
- There is not a hand dryer.
- There is a towel dispenser.
- The towel dispenser cannot be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The towel dispenser is placed higher than 100cm (3ft 3in).
- The towel dispenser is 107cm (3ft 6in) high.
- There is a toilet roll holder.
- The toilet roll holder can be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The toilet roll holder is not placed higher than 100cm (3ft 3in).
- There is a sink.
- The sink can be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The sink is not placed higher than 74cm (2ft 5in).
Colour Contrast and Lighting
- The contrast between the external door and wall is poor.
- The contrast between the internal door and wall is poor.
- The contrast between the grab rails and wall is good.
- The contrast between the drop down rails and wall is good.
- The contrast between the walls and floor is good.
- The lighting levels are bright.
Baby Change Facilities
- Baby change facilities are located within the venue.
- Inside the venue, there is level access to the baby change facility.
- Baby change facilities are located within the accessible toilet.
- The height of the baby change table once extended is 92cm (3ft).
Availability and Location of Standard Toilets
- Standard toilets are not available.
- Staff do receive disability awareness / equality training.
- Documents can be requested in Braille.
- Documents are available in large print.
- A bowl of water can be provided for an assistance dog.
- A member of staff trained in BSL skills is not normally on duty.
- This service cannot be requested.
- Home visits / services are available.