Show Easy Read
- The comprehensive Americas collections at the British Museum capture and express the narratives of humanity from North, Central and South America. The Americas galleries are located on the ground floor at the rear of the Great Court via either Room 24 - Living and Dying Exhibition, or Room 1 - Enlightenment Exhibition.
- For the British Museum - General Access DisabledGo access guide please click here (new tab).
- For the Great Court DisabledGo access guide please click here (new tab).
Attraction / Exhibit (Rooms 26 and 27)
Entrance / Opening
- There are double, heavy, manual doors with an opening width of 75cm+ for access to this area/attraction.
- The entrance/opening is clearly signed.
- The entrance door(s) does/do contrast visually with its immediate surroundings.
- There is step-free access at this entrance/opening.
Attraction / Exhibit
- There is level access throughout this area.
- Clear directional signage is provided in this area.
- During busy periods this area can become congested.
- The type of flooring in this area is tiles.
- There are resting/seating areas within this area.
- Explanations for the exhibit(s) is/are in information board format.
- Some exhibits can be audio described.
- Exhibits are audio described by using a headset.
- There are some exhibits which start from the floor level.
Colour Contrast and Lighting
- There is a good colour contrast between some walls and the floor in this area.
- The lighting levels in this area are varied.
- Visitors exit via a separate set of doors/opening.
- The exit is clearly signed internally.
- There are double, heavy, manual doors with an opening width of 75cm+ when exiting this area/attraction.
- The exit is step-free.
- The headset is available from the Audio Guide Desk in the Great Court.
- The nearest accessible toilet(s) is/are located in the Great Court and next to the east stairs.
- The nearest standard toilet(s) is/are located in the Great Court and next to the east stairs.