Show Easy Read
- The Bereavement Centre is located next to the staff car park.
- Monday 08:30 - 12:00.
- Monday 13:00 - 16:30.
- Tuesday 08:30 - 12:00.
- Tuesday 13:00 - 16:30.
- Wednesday 08:30 - 12:00.
- Wednesday 13:00 - 16:30.
- Thursday 08:30 - 12:00.
- Thursday 13:00 - 16:30.
- Friday 08:30 - 12:00.
- Friday 13:00 - 16:00.
- Saturday Closed.
- Sunday Closed.
- The venue is situated within the centre of the city.
- This venue is situated in Liverpool.
- The nearest mainline station is Liverpool Lime Street.
- Parking on the main hospital site is limited to staff and permit holders.
- There is some disabled parking on site but it is generally used by staff with the exception of the Diabetic Centre where outpatients of that facility can park if displaying a Blue Badge.
- It may be possible to drive onto the site to drop off disabled patients outside the side or rear entrances but this is at the discretion of security staff.
- There are drop-off areas outside the main and emergency department entrances and also outside the Linda McCartney and Education Centres but vehicles must not be parked in these areas.
- Patients and visitors can park in the nearby secure Q-Park facility which is situated less than a 5 minute walk from the hospital and is open 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- The vehicle entrance to Q-Park is on Epworth Street (off Erskine Street).
- A pedestrian exit is available on the Prescot Road side of the car park.
- The car park has over 40 designated Blue Badge bays on level 1 and two additional bays on each of the other levels.
- The dimensions of the bays are 3.5m x 6.5 (11ft 5in x 21ft 3in).
- Parking charges are the same for Blue Badge holders.
- There is a height restriction of 2.1 metres (6ft 10in) at Q-Park so if you have a vehicle above this height please contact the Trust’s Security Team on 0151 706 2228 to make alternative arrangements.
- A shuttle bus services runs between the Q-Park car park and the Royal and Dental Hospitals.
- The bus runs on request and car park staff can radio for one to arrive within a few minutes.
Outside Access (Main Entrance)
- This information is for the entrance located at the front of the building.
- There is level access into the venue.
- The main doors open towards you (pull).
- The doors are double width.
- The doors are heavy.
- The door opening is 160cm (5ft 3in) wide.
- The reception desk is 1m (3ft 3in) from the main entrance.
- The desk is 1m (3ft 3in) from the main entrance .
- There is level access to reception from the entrance.
- The reception desk is medium height.
- The desk is generally staffed.
- Lighting levels are bright.
- There is not a touch screen.
- There is not a bell to attract attention.
- There is level access to the service.
- There is not a hearing assistance system.
- This venue does not play background music.
- The type of flooring in walkways and corridors is carpet.
- Lighting levels are bright.
- There are two meeting rooms.
Location and Access
- Accessible toilet facilities are available.
- The toilet is not for the sole use of disabled people.
- There is pictorial signage on or near the toilet door.
- This accessible toilet is located along the corridor.
- This accessible toilet is approximately 7m (7yd 1ft) from the main entrance.
- There is level access to this accessible toilet.
Features and Dimensions
- This is a unisex toilet.
- A key is not required for the accessible toilet.
- The door opens inwards.
- The door is locked by a twist lock.
- The door is light.
- The width of the accessible toilet door is 85cm (2ft 9in).
- The dimensions of the accessible toilet are 230cm x 240cm (7ft 7in x 7ft 10in).
- There is a lateral transfer space.
- As you face the toilet pan the transfer space is on the left.
- The lateral transfer space is 150cm (4ft 11in).
- There is a dropdown rail on the transfer side.
- There is a flush on the transfer side.
- The tap type is lever.
- There is a mixer tap.
- The emergency pull cord alarm is not fully functional.
- The alarm was out of reach (higher than 10cm (4") from floor) when surveyed.
- Disposal facilities are not available in the cubicle.
- There is not a/are not coat hook(s).
Position of Fixtures
- Wall mounted grab rails are available for the toilet.
- As you face the toilet the wall-mounted grab rails are on the left.
- There is a shelf within the accessible toilet.
- The shelf is not higher than 95cm (3ft 1in).
- There is a mirror.
- Mirrors are placed at a lower level or at an angle for ease of use.
- The height of the toilet seat above floor level is 42cm (1ft 5in).
- There is a towel dispenser.
- The towel dispenser cannot be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The towel dispenser is placed higher than 100cm (3ft 3in).
- The height of the towel dispenser is 115cm (3ft 9in).
- There is a toilet roll holder.
- The toilet roll holder can be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The toilet roll holder is not placed higher than 100cm (3ft 3in).
- There is a wash basin.
- The wash basin cannot be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The wash basin is placed higher than 74cm (2ft 5in).
- The height of the wash basin is 75cm (2ft 6in).
Colour Contrast and Lighting
- The contrast between the internal door and wall is good.
- The contrast between the external door and wall is good.
- The contrast between the dropdown rail(s) and wall is good.
- The contrast between the wall-mounted grab rail(s) and wall is good.
- The contrast between the walls and floor is good.
- The lighting levels are bright.
Availability and Location of Standard Toilets
- Standard toilets are available.
Access to Standard Female and Male Toilet(s)
- The female and male toilets are located along the corridor.
- The female and male toilets are 7m (22ft 12in) from the main entrance.
- Inside the venue, there is level access to the female and male toilet.
- Lighting levels are medium.
- Disability awareness training can be provided for staff.
- The most commonly used documents can be produced in different formats on request.
- Different formats include Braille, large print and different languages.
- British Sign Language Interpreters can be provided on request.
- Language Interpreters can be provided on request.
- The main languages requested are Cantonese, Arabic, Somali, Mandarin, Polish and Kurdish.
- Registered assistance dogs are generally welcomed in all areas although departments with high risk from infection, such as wards and intensive care units, should be contacted in advance.
- Switchboard staff are Type Talk aware.
- Help with luggage is available for inpatients.
- The mobility aids available in the hospital include mobile hoists, ceiling tracking hoists, wheelchairs, motorised wheelchairs, tri wheel walkers, shower chairs, bath hoists, commodes, walking sticks, walking frames, hoist slings, adjustable beds and crutches.
- There is no charge for mobility aids.
- To obtain mobility aids please contact a nurse/doctor.
- There is not a mobility scooter charging point at the hospital.
- Portable hearing loop systems are available at the hospital.