Show Easy Read
- Haydock Park is located just one mile from junction 23 of the M6. On racedays, anyone travelling from the South on the M6 should exit at Junction 23 and turn right onto the A580 East, the main entrance is on your left after half a mile (please follow signs). From the North of the M6, visitors should exit at Junction 23 and turn left onto the A580 East, the main entrance is on your left after half a mile (please follow signs). From the West and East, please use the A580 and follow the signs to Haydock Park or use the postcode WA3 3QP on your Sat Nav. Racegoers with reserved car park passes and coach parties should enter the course from the A49. The main car park is accessed from the A580 East. For Sat Nav users, please enter the postcode WA3 3QP.
- Visitors can travel to the racecourse by bus using the following services. The 620 (St Helens to Hindley Green via Ashton and Haydock) and the 320 (St Helens to Wigan via Ashton and Haydock). For journey times please call 0871 200 2233 or visit the website. • Liverpool Bus Service: A 'Peoplesbus' Bus Service (the 520) will be running from Liverpool City Centre to Haydock Park on every Saturday raceday from January 2018. The bus service will use the pick up stop on St Johns Lane (next to St Johns Gardens/St Georges Hall) and the bus stop opposite the Showcase Cinema on the East Lancashire Road in Croxteth - Haydock bound, near the petrol station. The bus is registered to leave Liverpool ninety minutes before the first race and Croxteth seventy minutes before. Fares: - Child Single - £4.30 - Child Return - £7.00 - Adult Single - £5.90 - Adult Return - £10.00 The bus will depart from the Racecourse back to Liverpool fifteen minutes after the final race. For more details of Peoplesbus service visitwww.peoplesbus.com or contact their customer service team on 0151 523 4010. Read more athttp://haydock.thejockeyclub.co.uk/plan-your-race-day/visitor-information/directions-parking#0SDyUoTgqJhRUsme.99.
- For more information on Arriva Buses please click here (opens new tab).
- The nearest Railway Station is Newton-le-Willows.
- The nearest train station to Haydock Park Racecourse is Newton-le-Willows, available on trains running from Manchester Piccadilly, Victoria and Oxford Road to Liverpool Lime Street. On the main London to Glasgow line the nearest stations are Warrington Bank Quay and Wigan North Western which are both approximately 8 miles from the racecourse. For detailed rail information please call 0845 000 0125.
- For more information on Newton-le-Willows station please click here (opens new tab).
Getting Help and Assistance
- For a map of the Racecourse please click here (new tab).
- There is a member of staff available for help and assistance.
- There is an assistance dog toilet or toileting area at the venue/nearby.
- Water bowls for assistance dogs are available.
Outside Access (Betting Shop - County Enclosure)
- This information is for the entrance located at the front of the Betting Shop, in the County Enclosure.
- The entrance area/door is clearly signed.
- There is ramped/sloped access at this entrance.
- There is a canopy or recess which provides weather protection at this entrance.
- The entrance door(s) does/do contrast visually with its immediate surroundings.
- The main door(s) open(s) towards you (pull).
- The door(s) is/are double width.
- The door(s) is/are heavy.
- The width of the door opening is 130cm.
- The ramp/slope is located in front of the entrance.
- The gradient of the ramp/slope is slight.
- The ramp/slope is permanent.
- There is not a level landing at the top of the ramp/slope.
- There is not a/are not handrail(s) at the ramp.
Counter (Betting Shop Counter - County Enclosure)
- The counter is located to the left of the room.
- The counter is clearly visible from the entrance.
- There is step-free access to the counter.
- There is a clear unobstructed route to the counter.
- There are no windows, TVs, glazed screens or mirrors behind the counter which could adversely affect the ability of someone to lip read.
- The counter is not placed in front of a background which is patterned.
- The lighting levels at the counter are good.
- The height of the counter is high (110cm+).
- There is sufficient space to write or sign documents on the counter.
- There is not a lowered section of the counter.
- The counter is staffed.
- There is not a hearing assistance system at the counter.
- The type of flooring in this area is carpet.
Betting Area - County Enclosure
- There is step free access throughout the betting area.
- The surface of the flooring is carpet.
- Contrast between the walls and floor is good.
- The lighting level is good.
- There are fixed shelves located along the walls at a height of 100cm.
- Chairs with and without armrests are available.
- The height of the table is 70cm.
- TV viewing screens are placed high on the walls.
- There is not an/are not accessible toilet(s) for public use.
- The nearest accessible toilet(s) is/are located in the County Enclosure, opposite the Moet & Chandon Bar.
- Standard toilet facilities are not available.
- The nearest standard toilet(s) is/are located in the County Enclosure, opposite the Moet & Chandon Bar.
Related Access Guides
- To view other DisabledGo access guides that are related to this one please use the links below.
- Getting around the Racecourse link (new tab) - click here.
- Betting Counters around the Racecourse link (new tab) - click here.