Show Easy Read
- Services / facilities within the building include student accommodation.
- There is a launderette located on the far side of Chancellor Hall. Please see the separate guide for Chancellor Hall for access details.
- Related link Chancellor Hall.
- The venue is situated outside the centre of the city.
- This venue is situated in Worcester.
- The venue is not situated on a road which has a steep gradient.
- The nearest National Rail station is Worcester.
- There is not a bus stop within 150m (164yds) of the venue.
Parking (Car Park A)
- The venue does have its own car park.
Venue Car Park
- Parking is not free for all users.
- Parking is free for Blue Badge holders.
- The car park is located to the side of Chancellor Hall.
- The car park type is open air/surface.
- Parking spaces for Blue Badge holders do not need to be booked in advance.
- The route from the car park to the entrance is accessible to a wheelchair user with assistance.
- Assistance may be required because there is / are slopes/ramps.
- The car park surface is block paving.
- The patron does not have to cross a road.
- The car park does not have a height restriction barrier.
- There is a designated drop off point.
- The drop off point is located in front of Mulberry House.
- The designated bays are not marked however there is enough space for approximately 6 cars.
- The bays are approximately 40m from the area between Chancellor and Bishop Bosel Halls.
- There is a maximum stay of 30 minutes at the designated drop off point.
Outside Access (Bishop Bosel Hall - Flats 1-8)
- This information is for the entrance located at the front of the building.
- There is not level access into the venue.
- The intercom is in a suitable position to allow wheelchair users to gain access.
- The main door(s) open automatically (towards you).
- The doors are single width.
- The door opening is 101cm (3ft 4in) wide.
- There is a small lip on the threshold of the entrance, with a height of 2cm or below.
Level Change (Bishop Bosel Hall - Flats 1-8)
- There is a ramp or slope to access this service.
- The ramp or slope is located in front of the entrance.
- The ramp or slope is easy.
- The ramp or slope is permanent.
- There is level access to the service.
- The lighting levels are varied.
Other Floors (Bishop Bosel Hall - Flats 1-8)
- The floors which are accessible by stairs are G-1-2-3-4.
- There are 15+ steps between floors.
- The lighting levels are bright.
- The steps are not clearly marked.
- The steps are deep (18cm+).
- The steps do have handrails.
- The steps have a handrail on both sides.
- There is a landing.
Lift (Bishop Bosel Hall - Flats 1-8)
- There is a lift for public use.
- The lift is located to the right of the foyer.
- The lift is a standard lift.
- The floors which are accessible by this lift are G-1-2-3-4.
- The lift is 7m (7yd 1ft) from the flats 1-8 entrance.
- Staff do not need to be notified for use of the lift.
- The clear door width is 90cm (2ft 11in).
- The dimensions of the lift are 117cm x 140cm (3ft 10in x 4ft 7in).
- There are not separate entry and exit doors in the lift.
- There is a mirror to aid reversing out of the lift.
- The lift does have a visual floor indicator.
- The lift does have an audible announcer.
- The lift does have Braille markings.
- The lift does have tactile markings.
- The controls for the lift are within 120cm from the floor.
- The lighting level in the lift is bright.
Accommodation (Bishop Bosel Hall)
Location of Accessible Accommodation
- The establishment provides 6 accessible accommodation facilities with an ensuite and/or separate accessible bathroom.
- This information refers to Flat 1.
- There is level access from an accessible entrance.
- The room number viewed was G.
- The width of the door to the room is 85cm (2ft 9in).
- The dimensions of the clear floor space are 206cm x 300cm (6ft 9in x 9ft 10in).
- The bed is 55cm (1ft 10in) high.
- The measurement between the bed base and floor is 0cm ().
- Light switches are within 120cm (4ft) from floor level.
- There is a functional emergency alarm in the room.
- Other accessible facilities available in the bedroom are an accessible wardrobe and a height adjustable desk.
- Other accessible facilities available in the accommodation are power assisted doors into the flat and kitchen as well as a kitchen with a lowered sink, hob, surface and oven.
- Assistance dogs are welcome to stay with residents in accessible accommodation.
- The information relates to the ensuite.
- The dimensions of the bathroom are 207cm x 237cm (6ft 9in x 7ft 9in).
- The door opens outwards.
- The width of the door to the bathroom is 98cm (3ft 3in).
- The door weight is light.
- There is a functional emergency alarm in the bathroom.
- The door is locked by a twist lock.
- The height of the toilet seat above floor level is 51cm (1ft 8in).
- There is a toilet roll holder.
- The toilet roll holder can be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The toilet roll holder is not placed higher than 100cm in height.
- There is a sink.
- The sink can be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The height of the sink is 80cm (2ft 7in).
- There is a mixer tap.
- The tap type is lever.
- There is a lateral transfer space.
- The measurement of lateral transfer space is 150cm (4ft 11in).
- As you face the toilet pan the transfer space is on the right.
- There is a dropdown rail on the transfer side.
- Wall mounted grab rails are available.
- As you face the toilet pan the wall mounted grab rails are on the left.
- There are mirrors.
- The mirrors are placed at a lower level or at an angle for ease of use.
Bath and Shower
- There is not a bath.
Wheel In Shower
- There is a wheel in shower.
- The shower head height is adjustable.
- The type of shower controls used are lever.
- The shower seat is flip down.
- The shower seat height is 50cm (1ft 8in).
- There are handrails available.
Colour contrast and lighting in accessible rooms
- The colour contrast between the external room door and wall is good.
- The colour contrast between the walls and floor is good.
- The colour contrast between the internal room door and wall is good.
- The colour contrast between external ensuite / bathroom door and wall is poor.
- The lighting levels are medium.
Colour contrast and lighting in accessible bathroom
- The colour contrast between the internal bathroom door and wall is good.
- The colour contrast between the walls and floor in the bathroom is poor.
- The colour contrast between the drop down rails and wall is good.
- The colour contrast between the grab rails and wall is good.
- Lighting levels are bright.
Auxiliary Aids - General
- Some of the rooms have auxiliary aids for people with sensory impairments.
- Available auxiliary aids include flashing alarms and vibrating pillows.
- Flashing fire alarms are available on request.
- Vibrating fire alarms are available on request.
- The accommodation does not provide other auxiliary aids for people with mobility impairments.
- Assistance dogs are welcome to stay with residents in standard rooms.
Ground Floor Rooms
- Ground floor rooms do have level access.
- None of these rooms are accessed by platform lift.
- Adjoining rooms are not available.
Standard Rooms on Other Floors
- There are standard rooms on other floors.
- The other floors can be accessed by lift.
- There is level access to standard rooms on other floors.
- Adjoining rooms are not available.
- There are 2 accessible rooms on the ground floor and 1 accessible room on floors 1, 2, 3 and 4.
- Staff do receive disability awareness / equality training.
- Documents can be requested in Braille.
- Documents can be requested in large print.
- A member of staff trained in BSL skills is not generally on duty.
- This service can be requested.
- There is an assistance dog toilet available to the rear of the Charles Hastings Building.