Show Easy Read
Exit Car Park 3
- Car Park 3 was formerly known as the Long Stay Car Park, located of the A77 roundabout by the train station, furthest from the airport.
- Access to the airport from Car Park 3 is via the train station.
- Car Park 3 does not have designated Blue Badge bays.
- The car park is level and has a tarmac surface.
- There are marked walkways in the car park.
- The width of the walkways is 115cm.
- Use the walkways to proceed to the pedestrian exit.
- There is a level change as you approach the exit.
- The path slopes moderately uphill.
- The width of the path is 148cm.
- There is a gate at the pedestrian exit.
- The gate opens towards you and is permanently held open.
- The width of the gate opening is 94cm.
Car Park 3 Exit to Train Station
- Pass through the pedestrian exit from Car Park 3.
- Follow the tarmac path straight ahead.
- The path continues to slope moderately uphill for 25 metres before leveling out.
- Follow the path as it bends around to the left towards the train station.
- At approximately 90 metres you will pass through a covered walkway.
- Bear left and follow the path up to the access point for Platform 2 of the train station.
- The path slopes moderately uphill to the entrance.
- The access point width is 180cm.
- Turn right and proceed along Platform 2.
- After approximately 175 metres from the long stay car park you will reach the lift.
- Take the lift from the platform to the bridge.
- Alternative access to the bridge is via a staircase or escalator.
- The lift is a standard lift.
- Staff do not need to be notified for use of the lift.
- The dimensions of the lift are 100cm x 135cm (3ft 3in x 4ft 5in).
- The clear door width is 80cm (2ft 7in).
- There are not separate entry and exit doors in the lift.
- There is a mirror to aid reversing out of the lift.
- The lift does have a visual floor indicator.
- The lift does not have an audible announcer.
- The controls for the lift are within reach for a wheelchair user.
- The lighting level in the lift is bright.
- The lift does not have Braille markings.
- The lift does not have tactile markings.
- Exit the lift and turn right along the bridge.
Train Station to Terminal Building
- Proceed along the bridge walkway until you reach the entrance to the terminal building.
- There is moderate slope on the walkway.
- It is approximately 110 metres from the lift to the entrance to the terminal building.
- The doors at the entrance open automatically.
- The door opening is 144cm (4ft 9in) wide.
- This entrance gives access to the first floor of the terminal building.
- Inside the terminal on the first floor for the lift (around 147m) turn left down the easy slope.
- Follow the balcony round to the right until the end near the stairs.
- Turn right again and the lift can be found opposite the Prayer Room.