Show Easy Read
- Services / facilities within the building include brickwork workshops and classrooms.
- The venue is situated within the centre of the town.
- This venue is situated in Newark.
- The venue is not situated on a road which has a steep gradient.
- The nearest mainline station is Newark Northgate.
- There is a bus stop within 150m (164yds) of the venue.
- The venue does have its own car park.
Venue Car Park
- Parking is free for all users.
- The car park is located behind the Engineering Block.
- The car park type is open air/surface.
- There is/are 4 designated parking bay(s) within the car park.
- The dimensions of the designated parking bay(s) are 370cm x 620cm (12ft 2in x 20ft 4in).
- The nearest designated bay is 74m (80yd 2ft) from the main entrance.
- The furthest designated bay is 88m (96yd 9in) from the main entrance.
- The route from the car park to the entrance is accessible to a wheelchair user with assistance.
- Assistance may be required because there is / are slopes/ramps.
- The car park surface is tarmac.
- The patron does not have to cross a road.
- The car park does not have a height restriction barrier.
On Street Parking and Drop-off Details
- There is a designated drop off point.
- The drop off point is located within the car park.
- There is not a dropped kerb from the drop off point.
- Access into the car park is via security barrier.
Outside Access (Main Entrance)
- This information is for the entrance located at the side of the building.
- There is not level access into the venue.
- The main door(s) open towards you (pull).
- The doors are double width.
- The door(s) is / are heavy.
- The door opening is 140cm (4ft 7in) wide.
Level Change (Main Entrance)
- There is a ramp or slope to access this service.
- The ramp or slope is located to the right of the entrance.
- The ramp or slope is moderate.
- The ramp or slope is permanent.
- There is a level landing at the top of the ramp.
- The ramp does have handrails.
- The handrails are on the left going up.
- The width of the ramp or slope is 132cm (4ft 4in).
- There is also a small moderate ramp leading into the building directly infront of the entrance as shown in picture 2.
- There is level access to the service.
- There is not a hearing assistance system.
- This venue does not play background music.
- The lighting levels are medium.
- Motorised scooters are not allowed in public parts of the venue.
- Customers cannot charge scooters or wheelchairs at the venue.
- The floors which are accessible by stairs are G-1.
- There are 15+ steps between floors.
- The lighting levels are medium.
- The steps are clearly marked.
- The steps are deep (18cm+).
- The steps do have handrails.
- The steps have a handrail on the left going up.
- There is a landing.
- The services / areas on the floors which are not accessible are the first floor workshop and classroom.
- There are not accessible toilets within this venue designated for public use.
Availability and Location of Standard Toilets
- Standard toilets are available.
Access to Standard Shared Toilet(s)
- The unisex toilets are located to the right as you enter the building.
- Unisex toilets are 8m (8yd 2ft) from the main entrance.
- Inside the venue, there is level access to the unisex toilet.
- Lighting levels are medium.
- There is a standard toilet is for staff only.
- Staff do receive disability awareness / equality training.
- Documents can be requested in Braille.
- Documents can be requested in large print.
- A member of staff trained in BSL skills is not generally on duty.
- This service can be requested.
- Staff are not Text Relay aware.