Show Easy Read
- There's a fascinating network of tracks to explore and the level ground makes it easy. Hill 99 is the only waymarked trail, but you can use the Culbin map and numbered posts at path junctions to explore this unique, diverse and ever-changing coastal forest. Don't miss the panoramic views from the top of the amazing Hill 99 tower.
- For more information about Culbin Forest, opening times, parking and other trails please click here (opens in new tab).
- The route leads from the Wellhill car park and public toilets to the Gravel Pit Ponds.
- This route covers part of the Hill 99 Trail but not all the trail.
- This section of the route is approximately 1.1km long.
- The surface of the route is concrete with a loose sandy surface in places.
- There is clear directional signage located at regular intervals along the trails.
- There are some slight slopes on the route.
- There are resting points in places along the route.
- There is bench seating next to the gravel pit ponds.
- There are no toilets along the trail.
- For more information about the Hill 99 Trail and Gravel Pit Pond please click here.
- Leave the A96 Inverness to Aberdeen Road at Brodie, following the signs to Culbin. The main car park is at Wellhill. Sat Nav Directions - IV36 2TG is the nearest postcode. Wellhill car park is at grid reference NH 997 615.
- There is not a bus stop within 150 metres of the venue.
- Moray Council offers a limited local bus service (no. 318) running from Forres to Kintessack on school days, Tuesdays and Fridays. It's about a mile (1.6km) from Kintessack to Wellhill. There are also regular buses to Forres running between Aberdeen and Inverness.
- The nearest Railway Station is Forres.
- The nearest railway station is Forres, 3 miles (4.8km) from Wellhill on foot, or a ten minute taxi ride.
Getting Help and Assistance
- Culbin Forest is not generally staffed.
- Forestry Commission leaflets, maps and publications can be provided in alternative format, for example, in large print or in another language. For more information please contact: The Diversity Team via telephone: 0300 067 5000 or e-mail: email@example.com.