Show Easy Read
- Related link Terminal Building.
- Related link Departure Lounge.
- Departures security is located on the first floor of the Terminal Building, accessed via the lift, stairs and escalators from the entrance and check in desks.
- It leads into the departure lounge.
Leading To The Boarding Card Checking Area
- The Boarding Card Checking Area is 18 metres from the lift. This is the route wheelchair users and passengers requiring the accessible gates use.
- Other passengers will access the gates via a queuing system during busy periods, so this distance will vary.
- There is an extra security area, used during busy times only, located opposite the main security area. This area is 24 metres from the lift, and is accessed by a door 129cm wide, which will be held open (shown in photograph 2).
- There are passenger preparation points in the area leading to the Boarding Card Checking Area (shown in photograph 3).
- This is where passengers can dispose of items not allowed past the security area, such as water bottles and sharp objects.
- These points contain surfaces 85cm high.
- The nearest on is 9 metres from the lift.
- There are 2 further preparation points.
Boarding Card Checking Area
- There is an accessible gate here, 92cm wide.
- A member of staff will always be on duty here to check boarding cards and open the gate.
- There are also standard gates here, 55cm wide, which have automatic boarding card readers.
Security Check Area
- The security check area is 9 metres from the Boarding Card Checking Area for passengers requiring assistance, via a door 84cm wide, which will be held open by staff.
- Passangers who do not require assistance will need to walk around the partition to the security check area.
- The security check barriers are 70cm wide.
- There is a gate, 82cm wide, next to the barrier for wheelchair users to access the security area.
- If security staff need to search the bag of a wheelchair user, they do so in the presence of the passenger at the end of the security area, which is low level (shown in photograph 4).
Exit to the Departure Lounge
- There are several exits at the rear of the security area.
- They have no doors and are 135cm wide.
- The exit most likely to be used by assisted passengers is 16 metres from the gate at the security check area.
- Staff do receive disability awareness / equality training.
- Documents are not available in Braille.
- Documents are not available in large print.
- Water bowls for assistance dogs are not available.
- There is not a dog toilet or toileting area.
- Wheelchairs are available to borrow from the information desk in the main concourse or by contacting any of the PRM (Special Assistance) staff.