- The information in this section was taken in October 2020.
- The terminal is closed to passengers and flights between 17:00 and 05:00 every night. There is no access into the terminal building during these closure hours.
- The free set-down option in the Mid-Stay car park has moved to Blue Short Stay. Blue Short Stay is a 10-15 minute walk from the terminal. The Express Set Down (chargeable) remains open as usual.
- There have been no changes to the entrances or exits.
- Only passengers flying are allowed to enter the terminal wherever possible. Family/friends/carers may enter to assist passengers who require help on Departure or Arrival.
- Hand sanitising stations are available at:
- The main check-in concourse x2.
- Immediately after Security before Duty Free x2.
- Immigration before the Border.
- Baggage Reclaim Hall.
in addition to handwashing facilities in all existing toilets.
- Extensive signage is in place to remind passengers about social distancing, the requirement to wear a face covering and to wash hands.
- Protective screens are in place at all desks including; Check-in Desks, Information Desks, PRM Receptions, and Boarding Gates.
- There have been no change to the toilet facilities.
- Face masks are required in all indoor areas at all times, unless when seated to eat/drink. If a passenger is exempt from wearing a face mask for medical reasons they are advised to check with the airline, as all airlines flying from Stansted may require proof of exemption before allowing boarding.
- For more information about the measures in place for Covid-19 please click here (new tab) .
Domestic Arrivals (Gate 80-89)
Route to Baggage Reclaim
- There is a slope leading from the footbridge to Baggage Reclaim.
- The slope is moderate and has handrails on both sides.
- It is approximately 50m (56yd) to the Baggage Reclaim entrance.
Entrance to Baggage Reclaim
- There is a door leading to Baggage Reclaim.
- The doors are double, automatic and held open.
- The doors are 140cm (4ft 7in) wide.
- There is one baggage reclaim belt.
- The belt is 46cm (1ft 5in) high.
- There are fixed seats available without armrest.
- There are 2 internal phones available in baggage reclaim, a taxi courtesy phone and a handling agents information phone.
- The nearest accessible toilet(s) is/are located within the Check In Hall.
Availability and Location of Standard Toilets
- Standard toilets are available.
Access to Standard Female and Male Toilet(s)
- The female and male toilets are located in the baggage reclaim hall.
- The female and male toilets are 68m (74yd 1ft) from the the baggage reclaim entrance.
- Inside the venue, there is level access to the female and male toilets.
- Lighting levels are low.
Baby Change Facilities
- Baby change facilities are located within the venue.
- Baby change facilities are located in the male and female toilets.
- The height of the baby change table once extended is 90cm (2ft 11in).
- Inside the venue, there is level access to the baby change facility.
- There is an ambulant toilet within both the male and female toilets.
Domestic Arrivals Exit
- There are two automatic doors to access exit the domestic arrivals.
- The first door is 140cm (4ft 7in) wide.
- The second door is 130cm (4ft 3in) wide.
- There is seating and a flight information board in the area between the 2 doors.
- Between the first and second set of doors is a door leading back into the main terminal building.
- There is step free access along the external concourse.
- The external concourse is covered.
- There is clear signage along the concourse.
- It is between 50m (55yd) and 7m (8yd) from the bus and taxi stands to the concourse.
- There are bus stops for transfer to each of the airport car parks.
- There are 3 entrances in to the Check-in Hall along the concourse.
- There is an entrance into the Arrivals along the concourse.
- There are help points available at all entrances.
Car Parking, Coach Station, Train Station and Car Rental Village
- For information about the Drop Off Zones, Taxi Ranks, Bus Stops please click here (opens in new tab)
- For information about the Short Stay Car Parks and Meet & Greet please click here (opens in new tab)
- For information about the Mid Stay Car Park please click here (opens in new tab)
- For information about the long stay car park please click here (opens in new tab)
- For information about the Coach Station please click here (opens in new tab)
- For information about the Stansted Airport Train Station please click here (opens in new tab)
- For information about the Car Rental Village please click here (opens in new tab).