Show Easy Read
- Related link Main Car Park.
- Related link Kimberlin Library.
- The Eric Wood Learning Zone is a computer rich study zone which is managed as part of the Library Service.
- There is no internal route between Eric Wood Learning Zone and Kimberlin Library, however, the buildings are adjacent.
- Monday 08:00 - 22:00.
- Tuesday 08:00 - 22:00.
- Wednesday 08:00 - 22:00.
- Thursday 08:00 - 22:00.
- Friday 08:00 - 22:00.
- Saturday Closed.
- Sunday Closed.
- The venue is situated within the centre of the campus.
- This venue is situated in Leicester.
- The venue is not situated on a road which has a steep gradient.
- The nearest mainline station is Leicester.
- This venue does not have its own car park; the nearest car parking is within the Main Car Park.
- The car park is to the side of Kimberlin Library.
- The car park type is open air/surface.
- There are 2 designated parking bays within the car park.
- The dimensions of the designated parking bays are 3.8m x 5.4m (12ft 5in x 17ft 8in).
- The nearest designated bay is 80m (87yd) from the main entrance.
- The furthest designated bay is 84m (92yd) from the main entrance although 5 other spaces are available further away within the Main Car Park.
- The route from the car park to the entrance is accessible to a wheelchair user with assistance.
- Assistance may be required because there is/are slopes/ramps.
- The car park surface is tarmac.
- There is a dropped kerb/non stepped access from the car park to the venue.
- The dropped kerb does not have tactile paving.
- The patron does not have to cross a road if using the 2 spaces closest to the venue.
- The car park does not have a height restriction barrier.
- There is not a designated drop off point.
- Parking is free for DMU Disabled/Temporary Disabled Parking Permit holders and pre-booked visitors.
- Parking spaces for Blue Badge holders cannot be booked in advance unless an external visitor (visitor spaces in Gateway House).
Outside Access (Main Entrance)
- This information is for the entrance located on the ground floor of the Eric Wood Building.
- There is not level access into the venue.
- The main door(s) open(s) automatically.
- The door(s) is / are double.
- The width of the door opening is 114cm (3ft 9in).
Level Change (Main Entrance)
- There is a ramp/slope to access this area/service.
- The ramp/slope is located in front of the entrance.
- The ramp/slope is easy.
- The ramp/slope is permanent.
- The desk/counter is 6m (6yd 1ft) from the main entrance.
- There is level access to the desk/counter from the entrance.
- The lighting levels are bright.
- The desk/counter is high (110cm+).
- The desk/counter has a low (76cm or lower) section.
- The desk/counter is staffed.
- There is a hearing assistance system.
- The type of system is a fixed loop.
- There are security barriers on entrance with a width of 90cm.
- There is level access to the service(s).
- There is not a hearing assistance system.
- This venue does not play background music.
- The lighting levels are bright.
- Motorised scooters are allowed in public parts of the venue.
- Computer auxillary aids are available from the main Kimberlin library, although there are plenty of computers available in Kimberlin Library itself.
- Please see the library guide for further details.
- There are height adjustable tables available.
- Accessible toilet facilities are available.
Location and Access
- The toilet is not for the sole use of disabled people.
- There is pictorial signage on or near the toilet door.
- This accessible toilet is approximately 2m (2yd 7in) from the main entrance.
- The accessible toilet is located to the left as you enter.
- There is level access to this accessible toilet.
Features and Dimensions
- This is a unisex toilet.
- A key is not required for the accessible toilet.
- The door opens outwards.
- The door is locked by a twist lock.
- The width of the accessible toilet door is 93cm (3ft 1in).
- The door is heavy.
- The dimensions of the accessible toilet are 160cm x 270cm (5ft 3in x 8ft 10in).
- There is a clear 150cm x 150cm manoeuvring space in the accessible toilet.
- There is a lateral transfer space.
- As you face the toilet pan the transfer space is on the left.
- The lateral transfer space is 87cm (2ft 10in).
- There is a dropdown rail on the transfer side.
- There is a flush on the transfer side.
- The tap type is lever.
- There is a mixer tap.
- There is an emergency pull cord alarm in the cubicle.
- The emergency pull cord alarm is fully functional.
- Disposal facilities are available in the cubicle.
- There is a/are female sanitary and open waste paper bin disposal units.
- There is a/are coat hook(s).
- The coat hook is not within 120cm (3ft 11in) from floor level.
Position of Fixtures
- Wall-mounted grab rails are available.
- As you face the toilet the wall-mounted grab rails are on the left.
- There is not a shelf within the accessible toilet.
- There is a mirror.
- Mirrors are not placed at a lower level or at an angle for ease of use.
- The height of the toilet seat above floor level is 46cm (1ft 6in).
- There is a hand dryer.
- The hand dryer cannot be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The hand dryer is not placed higher than 100cm (3ft 3in).
- There is not a towel dispenser.
- There is a toilet roll holder.
- The toilet roll holder can be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The toilet roll holder is not placed higher than 100cm (3ft 3in).
- There is a wash basin.
- The wash basin cannot be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The wash basin is not placed higher than 74cm (2ft 5in).
Colour Contrast and Lighting
- The contrast between the internal door and wall is good.
- The contrast between the external door and wall is good.
- The contrast between the wall-mounted grab rail(s) and wall is poor.
- The contrast between the dropdown rail(s) and wall is poor.
- The toilet seat colour contrast is poor.
- The contrast between the walls and floor is good.
- The lighting levels are bright.
Availability and Location of Standard Toilets
- Standard toilet facilities are available.
- There are male and female standard toilets facilities on the ground floor.
Access to Standard Female and Male Toilet(s)
- The female and male toilet facilities that were surveyed are located on the left as you enter.
- The female and male toilets are approximately 4m (4yd 1ft) from the main entrance.
- Inside the venue, there is level access to the female and male toilets.
- Lighting levels are bright.
- Documents can be requested in Braille.
- Documents can be requested in large print.
- A member of staff trained in BSL skills is not generally on duty.
- This service can be requested.
- Staff are Text Relay aware.
- Disability awareness training is available for staff.