Show Easy Read
- Services / facilities within the building include student accommodation in 3 blocks.
- The venue is situated within the centre of the city.
- This venue is situated in Glasgow.
- The nearest mainline station is Queen Street.
- The nearest underground station is Buchanan Street.
- The venue does not have its own car park.
Public Car Parks
- There is a car park for public use within 200m (approx).
- The name of the car park is Cathedral Precinct Car Park.
- The car park is located off Collins Street.
- On street marked Blue Badge bays are not available.
- Clearly signed and / or standard marked parking bays are available.
- The dimensions of the standard marked parking bays are 240cm x 13500cm (7ft x 442ft).
- Standard marked parking bays are located on Collins Street.
- There is not a designated drop off point.
- The car park barrier is opened to allow drop off nearer accommodation blocks during the first week.
- Controlled car parking within the accommodation village is generally for staff only, though there are 3 designated bays at the corner of Taylor Street/Rottenrow East.
Outside Access (Main Entrance)
- This information is for the entrance located at the front of the building.
- There is not level access into the venue.
- The main doors open towards you (pull).
- The doors are single width.
- The doors are heavy.
- The door opening is 80cm (2ft) wide.
- There is a shallow threshold at the entrance.
- The intercom is 130cm from the ground.
- The entrances for blocks B and C are the same as this door with similar moderate ramps.
Level Change (Main Entrance)
- There is a ramp or slope to access this service.
- The ramp or slope is located leading up to the entrance.
- The ramp or slope is moderate.
- The ramp or slope is permanent.
- There is not a level landing at the top of the ramp.
- There is level access to the service.
- There is a hearing assistance system.
- The system is a portable loop.
- Staff are not trained to use the system.
- This venue does not play background music.
- The lighting levels are adjustable.
- Motorised scooters are allowed in public parts of the venue.
Auxiliary Aids - General
- Some of the rooms have auxiliary aids for people with sensory impairments.
- Flashing alarms and Vibrating pillows is available.
- Flashing fire alarms are in rooms.
- Vibrating fire alarms are available on request.
- The accommodation does not provide any other auxiliary aids for people with mobility impairments.
- Assistance dogs are welcome to stay with residents in standard rooms.
Ground Floor Rooms
- Ground floor rooms do have level access.
- Adjoining rooms are not available.
Standard Rooms on Other Floors
- There are standard rooms on other floors.
- The other floors cannot be accessed by lift.
- Adjoining rooms are not available.
- The floors which are accessible by stairs are G-1-2-3.
- There are 15+ steps between floors.
- The lighting level is medium.
- The steps are clearly marked.
- The steps are medium.
- The steps do have handrails.
- The steps have a handrail on the right going up.
- There is a landing.
- The services on the floors which are not accessible are further rooms.
Availability and Location of Standard Toilets
- Standard toilets are available.
Access to Standard Shared Toilet(s)
- The unisex toilets are located in the main corridors.
- Unisex toilets are 12m (13yd 4in) from the main entrance.
- Inside the venue, there is level access to the unisex toilet.
- Lighting levels are medium.
Baby Change Facilities
- Baby change facilities are not located within the venue.
- There are similar toilets on each floor.
- There are not accessible toilets within this venue designated for public use.
- Staff do not receive disability awareness / equality training.
- Documents can be requested in Braille.
- Documents can be requested in large print.
- A member of staff trained in BSL skills is not generally on duty.
- This service can be requested.
- Staff are not Text Relay aware.