Show Easy Read
- Services / facilities within the building include the bar and common room.
- Services / facilities within the grounds include accommodation blocks, Goldney House, the Orangery and the formal gardens.
- From the city centre follow the A4 towards Avonmouth. Having passed the Cathedral on your right and the At-Bristol Science Centre on the left you reach a signal controlled roundabout. Take the second exit to Jacobs Wells Road then the first turning on the left (200m) Constitution Hill. Continue up the hill, bear right at the top then turn left onto Clifton Hill. The Hall is on your left. Take the next turning left into Goldney Avenue and the car park and main entrance are on your left.
- There is a small car park in front of the main entrance. On street parking is by Residents Parking Permit or Parking Meter only.
- The nearest bus route from the city centre is the number 8 to Victoria Square. From the bus stop walk down Clifton Road to Clifton Hill (approx 500m). An alternative is routes 1, 2, 3, 3X, 4, 8, 9 or 16 (the University Bus) to Triangle West. The walking route from the bus stop is down Berkeley Place to Lower Clifton Hill then up the hill to Clifton Hill House and Goldney Hall is on the opposite side of the road. The gradients in this area are steep and not suitable for people with mobility difficulties.
- The nearest main line station is Bristol Temple Meads. The number 8 bus stops at the main entrance to the station.
- To see more information on Accommodation Office please click here (opens new tab).
- Telephone Number: 0117 954 6640.
- Email: email@example.com.
- To see more information on Parking at Residences please click here (opens new tab).
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- To see more information on Disability Services please click here (opens new tab).
- Telephone Number: 0117 331 0444.
- Email: email@example.com.
Building Parking (Goldney Hall)
- The building does have its own dedicated parking.
Building Car Park
- The car park can be used by permit holders.
- The car park is located in front of the main entrance.
- The car park type is open air/surface.
- The car park does not have a height restriction barrier.
- Designated Blue Badge parking bays are available.
- There is/are 2 designated parking bay(s) within the car park.
- The Blue Badge bay(s) is/are clearly marked.
- The dimensions of the designated parking bay(s) are 290cm x 500cm (9ft 6in x 16ft 5in).
- The dimensions of the designated bays do not vary in size.
- Parking spaces for Blue Badge holders do not need to be booked in advance.
- The nearest designated bay is 2m (2yd 7in) from the main entrance.
- The route from the car park to the building is accessible to a wheelchair user unaided.
- The car park surface is tarmac.
Public Car Parks
- There is not a car park for public use within 200m (approx).
Drop Off Point
- There is not a designated drop off point.
- The Residential Halls have a parking permit system in place.
- Student Permits are free for Blue Badge holders (or where permission has been granted).
- Visitors with disabilities do not require a permit but must display their Blue Badge.
- For more information, please see the Parking at Residences webpage (link in Useful Information).
- The designated space to the right of the entrance is on a slope (photographs 3 & 4).
- This information is for the entrance located at the side of the building.
- There is ramped/sloped access at this entrance.
- The intercom is not in a suitable position to allow wheelchair users to gain access.
- The card reader/lock is in a suitable position to allow wheelchair users to gain access.
- The main door(s) open(s) away from you (push).
- The door(s) is / are double (with one leaf locked).
- The door(s) is / are heavy.
- The width of the door opening is 110cm (3ft 7in).
- There is a ramp/slope at this entrance.
- The ramp/slope is located in front of the entrance.
- The ramp/slope gradient is easy.
- The ramp or slope is permanent.
- The door leads to the internal courtyard with no public access to the Gardens and Orangery.
- The front entrance to the Hall is not generally used.
- There is an intercom at 155cm from the ground.
- Immediately inside the door are two steps without handrails.
- Visitors are directed to the entrance at the side of the building.
Eating and Drinking
- The following information is for the bar.
- The bar does not serve food.
- Full table service is not available.
- Food or drinks are ordered from the service counter.
- Food or drinks can be brought to the table.
- There is not a lowered section at the counter.
- No tables are permanently fixed.
- No chairs are permanently fixed.
Level Change (Bar)
- There is a/are step(s) to access this area/service.
- The step(s) is/are located to the right of the bar counter.
- There is/are 4 step(s) to the area/service.
- The lighting levels at the step(s) are medium.
- The step(s) is/are clearly marked.
- The step(s) is/are medium height (11cm - 17cm).
- There is a/are handrail(s) at the step(s).
- The handrail(s) is/are on both sides.
- The lower section of the bar has additional seating.
- The Common Room is in the main building. The Common Room has some seating with armrests and some without.
- Most of the tables are 71cm high, lower tables at 36cm high.
- There are accessible toilet facilities within this venue.
Location and Access
- The toilet is not for the sole use of disabled people.
- There is pictorial signage on or near the toilet door.
- This accessible toilet is approximately 15m (16yd 1ft) from the accessible entrance.
- This accessible toilet is located adjacent to the bar and common room.
- There is level access to this accessible toilet.
Features and Dimensions
- This is a unisex toilet.
- A key is not required for the accessible toilet.
- The door opens inwards.
- The door is locked by a locking handle.
- The width of the accessible toilet door is 92cm (3ft).
- The door is heavy.
- The dimensions of the accessible toilet are 147cm x 350cm (4ft 10in x 11ft 6in).
- There is not a clear 150cm x 150cm manoeuvring space in the accessible toilet.
- There is a lateral transfer space.
- As you face the toilet pan the transfer space is on the left.
- The lateral transfer space is 85cm (2ft 9in).
- There is a dropdown rail on the transfer side.
- There is a flush, however it is not on the transfer side.
- The tap type is lever.
- There is not a mixer tap.
- There is an emergency pull cord alarm in the cubicle.
- The emergency pull cord alarm is fully functional.
- Disposal facilities are available in the cubicle.
- There is a/are female sanitary and open waste paper bin disposal units.
- There is not a/are not coat hook(s).
Position of Fixtures
- Wall-mounted grab rails are available.
- As you face the toilet the wall-mounted grab rails are on the right.
- There is not a shelf within the accessible toilet.
- There is not a mirror.
- The height of the toilet seat above floor level is 50cm (1ft 8in).
- There is not a hand dryer.
- There is a towel dispenser.
- The towel dispenser cannot be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The towel dispenser is not placed higher than 100cm (3ft 3in).
- There is a toilet roll holder.
- The toilet roll holder can be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The toilet roll holder is not placed higher than 100cm (3ft 3in).
- There is a wash basin.
- The wash basin can be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The wash basin is not placed higher than 74cm (2ft 5in).
Colour Contrast and Lighting
- The contrast between the internal door and wall is good.
- The contrast between the external door and wall is good.
- The contrast between the wall-mounted grab rail(s) and wall is poor.
- The contrast between the dropdown rail(s) and wall is poor.
- The toilet seat colour contrast is poor.
- The contrast between the walls and floor is good.
- The lighting levels are medium.
- This building does not have fire alarm strobes.
- There is not level egress from the ground floor.
- There is sloped egress from the ground floor.
- The upper floor(s) is/are not accessed via a passenger lift.
- Access to the upper floor(s) is via stairs.
- There is not a refuge point in this building.
- There is not an evacuation chair for the building.
- There is not an evacuation lift for the building.