- Services / facilities within the grounds include Graves Park Farm; animals including donkeys, chickens, deer, pigs and cattle. There are also a shop and toilet facilities. Graves Park; extensive open park with a cafe, play area and a small lake including wildfowl. There are also public toilets and an area used for outdoor events.
- Related link Graves Park and Rose Cafe.
- There is not a bus stop within 150m (164yds) of the venue.
- The nearest National Rail station is Sheffield.
- Monday 09:00 - 16:00.
- Tuesday 09:00 - 16:00.
- Wednesday 09:00 - 16:00.
- Thursday 09:00 - 16:00.
- Friday 09:00 - 16:00.
- Saturday 09:00 - 16:00.
- Sunday 09:00 - 16:00.
- Closed Christmas Day. Entry free.
- The venue does have its own car park.
Venue Car Park
- Parking is not free for all users.
- Parking is free for Blue Badge holders.
- The car park is located to the side of the animal farm.
- The car park type is open air/surface.
- Parking spaces for Blue Badge holders do not need to be booked in advance.
- There is/are 4 designated parking bay(s) within the car park.
- The dimensions of the designated parking bay(s) are 390cm x 550cm (12ft 10in x 18ft 1in).
- The nearest designated bay is 5m (5yd 1ft) from the main entrance.
- The furthest designated bay is 30m (32yd 2ft) from the main entrance.
- The route from the car park to the entrance is accessible to a wheelchair user unaided.
- The car park surface is tarmac.
- The patron does not have to cross a road.
- The car park does not have a height restriction barrier.
Drop off Point
- There is not a designated drop off point.
- The farm is free to all visitors.
- There are wide paths of compacted gravel which are accessible to people using mobility aids.
- There are a wide range of animals including pigs, sheep, donkeys, goats and waterfowl.
- Most of the animals may be fed and handled.
- There are accessible hand washing facilities available in a number of places around the site.
- There is an easy ramp with handrails both sides to access the shop.
- The door is kept open.
- The shop/information kiosk is based in the centre of the farm site.
- Animal food can be bought in small tubs.
- There is a range of sweets, drinks, snacks, small souveniers, fresh eggs and some fresh vegetables available.
- Hutches and bird boxes made by the WoodCraft project are available and some animals are also for sale.
- There are accessible toilets within this venue designated for public use.
Location and Access
- The toilet is not for the sole use of disabled people.
- There is pictorial and written text signage on or near the toilet door.
- The accessible toilet is 80m (87yd 1ft) from the main entrance.
- The accessible toilet is located to the left as you enter the site.
- There is not level access to the accessible toilet.
Features and Dimensions
- This is a unisex toilet.
- A key is not required for the accessible toilet.
- The door opens outwards.
- The door is locked by a twist lock.
- The width of the accessible toilet door is 95cm (3ft 1in).
- The door weight is heavy.
- The dimensions of the accessible toilet are 140cm x 290cm (4ft 7in x 9ft 6in).
- There is sufficient turning space in the cubicle for a wheelchair user.
- There is a lateral transfer space.
- As you face the toilet pan the transfer space is on the left.
- The lateral transfer space is 100cm (3ft 3in).
- There is a dropdown rail on the transfer side.
- There is a flush on the transfer side.
- The tap type is lever.
- There is not a mixer tap.
- There is an emergency alarm in the cubicle.
- The emergency alarm is not fully functional.
- The alarm was out of reach (higher than 10cm (4") from floor) when surveyed.
- Disposal facilities are available in the cubicle.
- There is not a coat hook.
Position of Fixtures
- Wall mounted rails are available.
- As you face the toilet the wall mounted grab rails are on both sides.
- There is a shelf within the accessible toilet.
- The shelf is not higher than 100cm (3ft 3in).
- There are mirrors.
- Mirrors are placed at a lower level or at an angle for ease of use.
- The height of the toilet seat above floor level is 42cm (1ft 5in).
- There is a hand dryer.
- The hand dryer cannot be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The hand dryer is placed higher than 100cm (3ft 3in).
- The hand dryer is 120cm (3ft 11in) high.
- There is a towel dispenser.
- The towel dispenser cannot be reached from seated on the toilet.
- There is a toilet roll holder.
- The toilet roll holder can be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The toilet roll holder is not placed higher than 100cm (3ft 3in).
- There is a sink.
- The sink can be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The sink is placed higher than 74cm (2ft 5in).
- The height of the sink is 76cm (2ft 6in).
Colour Contrast and Lighting
- The contrast between the external door and wall is fair.
- The contrast between the internal door and wall is fair.
- The contrast between the grab rails and wall is poor.
- The contrast between the drop down rails and wall is poor.
- The contrast between the walls and floor is good.
- The lighting levels are low.
- There is a small threshold in the doorway to the facility.
Level Change (Toilets)
- There is a ramp or slope to access this service.
- The ramp or slope is located to the right as you face the entrance.
- The ramp or slope is easy.
- The ramp or slope is permanent.
- There is a level landing at the top of the ramp.
- The ramp does have handrails.
- The handrails are on both sides.
- At the time of research, it was not possible to photograph the ramp due to lots of visitors.
Availability and Location of Standard Toilets
- Standard toilets are available.
Access to Standard Shared Toilet(s)
- The unisex toilets are located to the left as you enter the site.
- Unisex toilets are 48m (52yd 1ft) from the main entrance.
- Inside the venue, there is not level access to the unisex toilet.
- Lighting levels are low.
- There is a small threshold in the doorway of the facility.
- Staff do receive disability awareness / equality training.
- Documents are not available in Braille.
- Documents are not available in large print.
- A bowl of water can be provided for an assistance dog.
- An assistance dog toilet area can be provided onsite.