Show Easy Read
- From the main university buildings and the city centre follow the A4018 along Whiteladies Road towards Westbury on Trym. At the top of the hill turn right at the traffic lights and take the first exit off the roundabout. Follow the road, towards Westbury-on-Trym, for 500m to the roundabout (The White Tree Roundabout) and take the first exit into Parrys Lane. Follow Parrys Lane down the hill for approximately 400m and Hiatt Baker Hall is on the left.
- There is very little parking on the site, or on adjacent roads. There are 10 car parking spaces of which 4 are designated spaces. Parking is strictly by permit only.
- University buses (number 16) serve the main university buildings and arrive at the Transport Hub which is at the centre of the Hiatt Baker Hall campus.
- The nearest station is Clifton Down Station which is off Whiteladies Road approximately 2.5km from Hiatt Baker Hall. The main railway station, Bristol Temple Meads, is 8km away.
- To see more information on Accommodation Office please click here (opens new tab).
- Telephone Number: 0117 954 6640.
- Email: email@example.com.
- To see more information on Parking at Residences please click here (opens new tab).
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- To see more information on Disability Services please click here (opens new tab).
- Telephone Number: 0117 331 0444.
- Email: email@example.com.
Site/Campus Car Park (Hiatt Baker Hall)
- The car park is located to the right as you enter the main gates to the Stoke Bishop site.
- The nearest building(s) to this car park is/are the Hiatt Baker Halls and main building.
- The car park type is open air/surface.
- The car park does not have a height restriction barrier.
- The car park surface is block paving.
- Designated Blue Badge parking bays are available.
- The Blue Badge bay(s) is/are clearly marked.
- There is/are 4 designated Blue Badge parking bay(s) within this car park.
- The dimensions of the designated parking bay(s) are 310cm x 410cm (10ft 2in x 13ft 5in).
- The dimensions of the designated bays do not vary in size.
- This car park can be used by permit holders.
- Signs are provided to give information on parking charges/restrictions.
- Signs are clearly presented.
- There is not a designated drop off point in this car park.
- This car park is clearly signposted from the residential blocks.
- The nearest designated bay is 40m (43yd 2ft) from the entrance to Block N.
- The Residential Halls have a parking permit system in place.
- Student Permits are free for Blue Badge holders (or where permission has been granted).
- Visitors with disabilities do not require a permit but must display their Blue Badge.
- For more information, please see the Parking at Residences webpage (link in Useful Information).
- There are fewer than 20 parking spaces and they may be used only by permit holders. Only residents with a specific need will be granted a pass.
Outside Access (Library Building)
- This information is for the entrance located at the front of the building.
- There is level access into the venue.
- The main door(s) open(s) automatically (towards you).
- The automatic doors are push pad activated.
- The door(s) is / are double.
- The width of the door opening is 180cm (5ft 11in).
Level Change (Approach to Library and Blocks A, B and C)
- There is a ramp/slope to access this area/service.
- The ramp/slope does bypass the step(s).
- The ramp/slope is located between the car park and transport hub and the path to the Library and Blocks A, B and C.
- The ramp/slope is slight.
- The ramp/slope is permanent.
- There is a level landing at the top of the ramp/slope.
- The ramp does not have handrails.
- There is a/are step(s) to access this area/service.
- The step(s) is/are located between the Transport Hub and the front of the Library.
- There is/are 15+ step(s) to the area/service.
- There is tactile paving at the top and bottom of the steps.
- The step(s) is/are clearly marked.
- The step(s) is/are medium height (11cm - 17cm).
- There is a/are handrail(s) at the step(s).
- The handrail(s) is/are on both sides.
- The library is a quiet study facility which has height adjustable desks with desk lighting throughout.
- The seating is height adjustable and some chairs have armrests.
Outside Access (Blocks A, B and C)
- This information is for the entrance located at the front of each block.
- There is not level access into the venue.
- The main door(s) open(s) towards you (pull).
- The door(s) is / are single.
- The door(s) is / are heavy.
- The width of the door opening is 90cm (2ft 11in).
- Block A (photographs 1 & 2), Block B (photographs 3 & 4) and Block C (photographs 5 & 6) all have stepped access only.