Show Easy Read
Opening Times (Main Reception)
- Monday 08:00 - 20:00.
- Tuesday 08:00 - 20:00.
- Wednesday 08:00 - 20:00.
- Thursday 08:00 - 20:00.
- Friday 08:00 - 20:00.
- Saturday 08:00 - 20:00.
- Sunday 08:00 - 20:00.
- The venue is situated within the centre of the city.
- This venue is situated in Liverpool.
- There is a bus stop within 150m (164yds) of the venue.
- The nearest mainline station is Liverpool Lime Street.
- Parking on the main hospital site is limited to staff and permit holders.
- There is some disabled parking on site but it is generally used by staff with the exception of the Diabetic Centre where outpatients of that facility can park if displaying a Blue Badge.
- It may be possible to drive onto the site to drop off disabled patients outside the side or rear entrances but this is at the discretion of security staff.
- There are drop-off areas outside the Main and Emergency Department Entrances and also outside the Linda McCartney and Education Centres, but vehicles must not be parked in these areas.
- Patients and visitors can park in the nearby secure Q-Park facility which is situated less than a 5 minute walk from the hospital and is open 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- The vehicle entrance to Q-Park is on Epworth Street (off Erskine Street).
- A pedestrian exit is available on the Prescot Road side of the car park.
- The car park has over 40 designated Blue Badge bays on level 1 and two additional bays on each of the other levels. The dimensions of the bays are 3.5m x 6.5 (11ft 5in x 21ft 3in).
- Parking charges are the same for Blue Badge holders.
- There is a height restriction of 2.1 metres (6ft 10in) at Q-Park so if you have a vehicle above this height please contact the Trust’s Security Team on 0151 706 2228 to make alternative arrangements.
- A shuttle bus services runs between the Q-Park car park and the Royal and Dental Hospitals.
- The bus runs on request and car park staff can radio for one to come within a few minutes.
Outside Access (Hospital Main Entrance)
- This information is for the entrance located at the front of the hospital, off Prescot Street.
- There is level access into the venue.
- The intercom is not in a suitable position to allow wheelchair users to gain access.
- The main door(s) open(s) automatically.
- The door(s) is / are double.
- The width of the door opening is 154cm (5ft 1in).
- The desk/counter is 20m (21yd 2ft) from the main entrance.
- There is level access to the desk/counter from the entrance.
- The desk/counter is high (110cm+).
- The desk/counter has a low (76cm or lower) section.
- The desk/counter is staffed.
- The lighting levels are bright.
- There is a hearing assistance system.
- The type of system is a fixed loop.
- Staff are trained to use the system.
- There is not a bell to attract attention.
- There is sufficient space to write or sign documents on the desk/counter.
- There is level access to the service.
- This venue does not play background music.
- Route finding signage is available.
- The type of flooring in walkways and corridors is non slip.
- Lighting levels are medium.
Location and Access
- There are accessible toilet facilities within this venue.
- The toilet is for the sole use of disabled people.
- There is pictorial signage on or near the toilet door.
- This accessible toilet is located along a corridor, off the rear of the foyer.
- This accessible toilet is approximately 45m (49yd 8in) from the main hospital entrance.
- There is level access to this accessible toilet.
Features and Dimensions
- This is a unisex toilet.
- A key is required for the accessible toilet.
- The key is a radar key.
- The key can be obtained from the main reception desk.
- The door opens inwards.
- The door is locked by a locking handle.
- The door is heavy.
- The width of the accessible toilet door is 84cm (2ft 9in).
- The dimensions of the accessible toilet are 150cm x 280cm (4ft 11in x 9ft 2in).
- The accessible toilet does not have an unobstructed minimum turning space of 150cm x 150cm in front of the seat.
- There is a lateral transfer space.
- As you face the toilet pan the transfer space is on the left.
- The lateral transfer space is 90cm (2ft 11in).
- There is a dropdown rail on the transfer side.
- There is a flush, however it is not on the transfer side.
- There is not a spatula type lever flush.
- The tap type is lever.
- There is a mixer tap.
- The emergency pull cord alarm is fully functional.
- Disposal facilities are available in the cubicle.
- There is a/are female sanitary and general domestic waste disposal units.
- There is not a/are not coat hook(s).
Position of Fixtures
- Wall-mounted grab rails are available.
- As you face the toilet the wall-mounted grab rails are on the right.
- There is a shelf within the accessible toilet.
- The shelf is not higher than 100cm (3ft 3in).
- There is a mirror.
- Mirrors are placed at a lower level or at an angle for ease of use.
- The height of the toilet seat above floor level is 48cm (1ft 7in).
- There is a hand dryer.
- The hand dryer cannot be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The hand dryer is not placed higher than 100cm (3ft 3in).
- There is not a towel dispenser.
- There is a toilet roll holder.
- The toilet roll holder cannot be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The toilet roll holder is not placed higher than 100cm (3ft 3in).
- There is a soap dispenser.
- The soap dispenser cannot be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The height of the soap dispenser is 93cm.
- There is a wash basin.
- The wash basin cannot be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The wash basin is not placed higher than 74cm (2ft 5in).
Colour Contrast and Lighting
- The contrast between the internal door and wall is good.
- The contrast between the external door and wall is good.
- The contrast between the dropdown rail(s) and wall is poor.
- The contrast between the wall-mounted grab rail(s) and wall is good.
- The toilet seat colour contrast is good.
- The contrast between the walls and floor is fair.
- The lighting levels are bright.
Availability and Location of Standard Toilets
- Standard toilets are available.
Access to Standard Female and Male Toilet(s)
- The female and male toilets are located just beyond the reception desk.
- The female and male toilets are 30m (32yd 2ft) from the main entrance.
- Inside the venue, there is level access to the female and male toilets.
- Lighting levels are bright.
Baby Change Facilities
- Baby change facilities are located within the venue.
- Baby change facilities are located along a corridor, off the rear of the foyer.
- The height of the baby change table once extended is 80cm (2ft 7in).
- Inside the venue, there is level access to the baby change facility.
- Disability awareness training can be provided for staff.
- The most commonly used documents can be produced in different formats on request.
- Different formats include Braille, large print and different languages.
- British Sign Language Interpreters can be provided on request.
- Language Interpreters can be provided on request.
- The main languages requested are Cantonese, Arabic, Somali, Mandarin, Polish and Kurdish.
- Registered assistance dogs are generally welcomed in all areas although departments with high risk from infection, such as wards and intensive care units, should be contacted in advance.
- Switchboard staff are Type Talk aware.
- Help with luggage is available for inpatients.
- The mobility aids available in the hospital include mobile hoists, ceiling tracking hoists, wheelchairs, motorised wheelchairs, tri wheel walkers, shower chairs, bath hoists, commodes, walking sticks, walking frames, hoist slings, adjustable beds and crutches.
- There is no charge for mobility aids.
- To obtain mobility aids please contact a nurse/doctor.
- There is not a mobility scooter charging point at the hospital.
- Portable hearing loop systems are available at the hospital.