Show Easy Read
- Related link International Arrivals.
- Related link International Baggage Reclaim.
- Immigration is accessed from International Arrivals.
- It leads directly to International Baggage Reclaim.
Outside Access (Immigration)
- This information is for the entrance located at the far end of the International Arrivals corridor.
- There is level access into the venue.
- The main door(s) open automatically.
- The doors are double width.
- The door opening is 120cm (3ft 11in) wide.
- There is level access to the service.
- There is not a hearing assistance system.
- This venue does not play background music.
- The lighting levels are bright.
- Wheelchair users and passengers being assisted through the airport will be directed to use Immigration Desk 1.
- Other passengers will have to use the queuing system, shown in photograph 2.
- Passengers who are a passport holder of a country in the European Economic Area (EEA) - including the UK - or Switzerland; and have the EEA chip logo on their passport, can also use the E-Passport Readers.
- Photograph 3 shows the Landing Card Stations, 100cm high, located in the immigration area.
Immigration Desk 1
- Desk 1 is 28 metres from the Immigration entrance.
- There is level access to the desk.
- The desk is high.
- The desk does not have a lowered section.
- The gap between Desks 1 and 2 is 93cm wide.
- The entrance to International Baggage Reclaim in 10 metres from Desk 1.
- E-Passport readers are also available in this area.
- The barriers for these readers are 45cm wide.
- The system uses facial recognition technology to compare your face to the photograph recorded on the 'chip' in your passport. Once the checks are made, the gates will open automatically for you to go through.
- To use the gates you need to be able to stand so the software can take your picture.
- Staff do receive disability awareness / equality training.
- Documents are not available in Braille.
- Documents are not available in large print.
- Water bowls for assistance dogs are not available.
- There is not a dog toilet or toileting area.