Show Easy Read
- Services / facilities within the building include staff offices.
- Related link Main Hospital Entrance.
- Infection Control is located on the main connecting corridor inbetween the treatment center and main hospital.
- There is a bus stop within 150m (164yds) of the venue.
- The nearest National Rail station is Jewellery Quarter.
- The venue does have its own car park.
Venue Car Park
- Parking is not free for all users.
- Parking is not free for Blue Badge holders.
- The car park is at the front of the venue.
- The car park type is open air/surface.
- Parking spaces for Blue Badge holders do not need to be booked in advance.
- There are 5 designated parking bay(s) within the car park.
- The dimensions of the designated parking bay(s) are 360cm x 500cm (11ft 10in x 16ft 5in).
- The nearest designated bay is 82m (90yd) from the Main Hospital Entrance.
- The furthest designated bay is 100m (109yd) from the Main Hospital Entrance.
- The route from the car park to the entrance is accessible to a wheelchair user with assistance.
- Assistance may be required because there is / are uneven surfaces.
- The car park surface is tarmac.
- The patron does not have to cross a road.
- The car park does not have a height restriction barrier.
On Street Parking and Drop-off Details
- There is a designated drop off point.
- The drop off point is located at the front of the Main Hospital Entrance.
- There is not a dropped kerb from the drop off point.
Outside Access (Main Hospital Entrance)
- This information is for the entrance located at the side of the hospital.
- There is not level access into the venue.
- The main door(s) open automatically.
- The doors are double width.
- The door opening is 145cm (4ft 9in) wide.
Level Change (Main Hospital Entrance)
- There is a ramp or slope to access this service.
- The ramp or slope is located leading to the entrance.
- The ramp or slope is moderate.
- The ramp or slope is permanent.
- There is a level landing at the top of the ramp.
- The floors which are accessible by stairs are G-1-2.
- There are 15+ steps between floors.
- The steps are clearly marked.
- The steps are medium (11cm - 17cm).
- The steps do have handrails.
- The steps have a handrail on the right going up.
- There is a landing.
- The lighting levels are medium.
Lift (Lift 8)
- There is a lift for public use.
- The lift is located off the main spinal corridor.
- The lift is 8m (8yd 2ft) from the Main Hospital Entrance.
- The lift is a standard lift.
- The floors which are accessible by this lift are G-1-2.
- The clear door width is 128cm (4ft 2in).
- The dimensions of the lift are 170cm x 240cm (5ft 7in x 7ft 10in).
- There are not separate entry and exit doors in the lift.
- There is not a mirror to aid reversing out of the lift.
- The lift does have a visual floor indicator.
- The lift does not have an audible announcer.
- The controls for the lift are not within 120cm from the floor.
- The lift controls are 130cm high.
- The lift does not have Braille markings.
- The lift does not have tactile markings.
- The lighting level in the lift is medium.
Outside Access (Unit Entrance)
- This information is for the entrance located on the ground floor, between the treatment centre and main hospital.
- There is level access into the venue.
- The main door(s) open away from you (push).
- The doors are single width.
- The door(s) is / are heavy.
- The door opening is 86cm (2ft 10in) wide.
- There is level access to the service.
- There is a hearing assistance system.
- The hearing system is available only on request.
- The system is a portable loop.
- Staff are trained to use the system.
- This venue does not play background music/noise.
- The type of flooring in walkways and corridors is vinyl.
- The lighting levels are bright.
- Male accessible toilet facilities are available on the second floor, off the main spinal corridor.
- Female accessible toilet facilities are available on the first floor, off the main spinal corridor.
Availability and Location of Standard Toilets
- Standard toilets are not available.
Additional Info Health
- Disability awareness / equality training can be provided for hospital staff.
- The most commonly produced documents could be provided in other formats.
- Documents in Braille, large print, audio and different languages format can be requested.
- Assistance dogs are allowed in most areas of the hospital.
- Areas with a high risk from infection, such as intensive care and wards should be contacted in advance before accessing with assistance dogs.
- BSL interpreters can be provided on request.
- Language interpreters can be provided on request.
- Staff are Text Relay aware.
- Switchboard staff are Text Relay aware.
- Help with luggage is generally available for inpatients.
- The mobility aids available include mobile hoists, ceiling tracking hoists, wheelchairs, tri wheel walkers, shower chairs, commodes, walking sticks, walking frames, hoist slings, adjustable beds and crutches.
- Portable hearing loops can be provided on request.