Show Easy Read
- Monday 09:00 - 17:00.
- Tuesday 09:00 - 17:00.
- Wednesday 09:00 - 17:00.
- Thursday 09:00 - 17:00.
- Friday 09:00 - 17:00.
- Saturday 09:00 - 17:00.
- Sunday 09:00 - 17:00.
- The venue is situated outside the centre of the town or city.
- This venue is situated in St. Albans.
- The nearest mainline station is St. Albans Abbey Station.
- The venue does not have its own car park.
Public Car Parks
- There is a car park for public use within 200m (approx).
- The name of the car park is Verulamium Park.
On Street Parking and Drop-off Details
- On street marked Blue Badge bays are not available.
- Clearly signed and / or standard marked parking bays are not available.
- There is not a designated drop off point.
- This car park is pay and display.
- There are spaces for Blue Badge holders which are free to park in.
Outside Access (Main Entrance)
- There is not level access into the venue.
- The main doors open away from you (push).
- The doors are double width.
- The doors are light.
- The door opening is 134cm (4ft 5in) wide.
Level Change (Main Entrance)
- There is a ramp or slope to access this service.
- The ramp or slope is located leading to the main entrance.
- The ramp or slope is moderate.
- The ramp or slope is permanent.
- The width of the ramp or slope is 135cm (4ft 5in).
- There is level access to the service(s).
- There is not a hearing assistance system.
- This venue does play background music.
- Music is played throughout the venue.
- Motorised scooters are allowed in public parts of the venue.
- The lighting levels are low.
- A function room is available to hire for children's parties, meetings and events.
Eating and Drinking
- The following information is for the café.
- Full table service is not available.
- Food or drinks are ordered from the service counter.
- Food or drinks can be brought to the table.
- No tables are permanently fixed.
- No chairs are permanently fixed.
- The distance between the floor and the lowest table is 68cm (2ft 3in).
- There is ample room for a wheelchair user to manoeuvre.
- Menus are hand held only.
- Menus are not available in Braille.
- Menus are not available in large print.
- Menus are clearly written.
- Menus are presented in contrasting colours.
Location and Access
- There are accessible toilets within this venue designated for public use.
- The toilet is for the sole use of disabled people.
- The accessible toilet is located along the corridor to the right of the counter.
Features and Dimensions
- This is a unisex toilet.
- A key is required for the accessible toilet.
- The key is a radar key.
- The key can be obtained from any member of staff.
- The door opens inwards.
- The door is locked by a twist lock.
- The dimensions of the accessible toilet are 230cm x 230cm (7ft 7in x 7ft 7in).
- There is a lateral transfer space.
- As you face the toilet pan the transfer space is on the left.
- The lateral transfer space is 140cm (4ft 7in).
- There is a functional emergency alarm available.
- Disposal facilities are available in the cubicle.
- There is a coat hook.
- The coat hook is within 120cm (3ft 11in) from floor level.
Position of Fixtures
- Wall mounted rails are available.
- As you face the toilet the wall mounted grab rails are on both sides.
- There are mirrors in the accessible toilet.
- Mirrors are placed at a lower level or at an angle for ease of use.
- The height of the toilet seat above floor level is 46cm (1ft 6in).
- There is a hand dryer.
- The hand dryer is placed higher than 100cm (3ft 3in).
- The hand dryer is 122cm (4ft 0in) high.
- There is a sink.
- The sink is not placed higher than 74cm (2ft 5in).
Colour Contrast and Lighting
- The contrast between the walls and floor is fair.
- Wall mounted and drop down rails are available.
Availability and Location of Standard Toilets
- Standard toilets are available.
Access to Standard Female Toilet(s)
- The female toilets are located along the corridor to the right of the counter.
- Inside the venue, there is level access to the female toilet.
- Lighting levels are bright.
Access to Standard Male Toilet(s)
- The male toilets are located along the corridor to the right of the counter.
- Inside the venue, there is level access to the male toilet.
- Lighting levels are bright.
Baby Change Facilities
- Baby change facilities are located within the venue.
- Baby change facilities are located within the standard toilets.
- Staff do receive disability awareness / equality training.
- Documents are not available in Braille.
- Documents are not available in large print.
- A bowl of water can be provided for an assistance dog.
- An assistance dog toilet area can be provided onsite.
- A member of staff trained in BSL skills is not normally on duty.