Show Easy Read
- The venue is situated within the centre of the city.
- This venue is situated in Armagh.
- There is a bus stop within 150m (164yds) of the venue.
- The nearest mainline station is Portadown.
- Monday 10:00 - 17:00.
- Tuesday 10:00 - 17:00.
- Wednesday 13:00 - 20:00.
- Thursday 10:00 - 17:00.
- Friday 10:00 - 17:00.
- Saturday Closed.
- Sunday Closed.
- The venue does have its own car park.
Venue Car Park
- Parking is free for all users.
- The car park is at the front of the venue.
- The car park type is open air/surface.
- Parking spaces for Blue Badge holders do not need to be booked in advance.
- There are 1 designated parking bay(s) within the car park.
- The dimensions of the designated parking bay(s) are 370cm x 450cm (12ft x 14ft).
- The nearest designated bay is 12m (13yd 4in) from the main entrance.
- The route from the car park to the entrance is accessible to a wheelchair user with assistance.
- Assistance may be required because there is / are slopes/ramps.
- The car park surface is tarmac.
- The patron does not have to cross a road.
- The car park does not have a height restriction barrier.
On Street Parking and Drop-off Details
- There is not a designated drop off point.
- The car park is situated on a steep slope and pedestrian access is via the car park.
- This can be overcome if accessing the library by car and using the Blue Bage bay near to the entrance.
Outside Access (Main Entrance)
- This information is for the entrance located in the car park.
- There is not level access into the venue.
- The intercom is not in a suitable position to allow wheelchair users to gain access.
- The main doors open towards you (pull).
- The doors are double width.
- The doors are heavy.
- The door opening is 124cm (4ft) wide.
- One of the doors was locked at the time of the survey leaving a gap of 62cm.
Level Change (Main Entrance)
- There is a ramp or slope to access this service.
- The ramp or slope is located leading up to the entrance.
- The ramp or slope is moderate.
- The ramp or slope is permanent.
- The ramp does not have handrails.
- There is level access to the service.
- Motorised scooters are allowed in public parts of the venue.
- Lighting levels are varied.
- This library does not have a regular supply of books in Braille.
- This library does not have a regular supply of books in large print.
- This library does not have a regular supply of books in audio format.
- There is an ordering service.
- The library does not have computers with accessible software.
- Auxiliary aids are available for computer users.
- A large text keyboard and large rollerball mouse is / are available.
- Equipment available for people with a visual impairment includes a magnifying glass.
- The floors which are accessible by stairs are G-1.
- There are 15+ steps between floors.
- The steps are clearly marked.
- The steps are medium.
- The steps do have handrails.
- The steps have a handrail on the right going up.
- There is a landing.
- The lighting levels are medium.
- There is a lift for public use.
- The lift is located ahead as you enter.
- The lift is a standard lift.
- The floors which are accessible by this lift are G-1.
- The lift is 7m (7yd 1ft) from the main entrance.
- Staff do not need to be notified for use of the lift.
- The clear door width is 80cm (2ft 7in).
- The dimensions of the lift are 130cm x 110cm (4ft 3in x 3ft 7in).
- There are separate entry and exit doors in the lift.
- There is not a mirror to aid reversing out of the lift.
- The lift does have a visual floor indicator.
- The lift does have an audible announcer.
- The controls for the lift are within reach for a wheelchair user.
- The lift does have Braille markings.
- The lift does have tactile markings.
- The lighting level in the lift is medium.
Reception (First Floor)
- The desk is 5m (5yd 1ft) from the lift.
- There is level access to reception from the entrance.
- This is by lift.
- The reception desk is low.
- The lighting levels are medium.
- There is a hearing assistance system.
- The type of system is a fixed loop.
- Staff are trained to use system.
- There are accessible toilets within this venue designated for public use.
Location and Access
- The toilet is not for the sole use of disabled people.
- There is no additional signage on or near the toilet door.
- The accessible toilet is 1m (3ft 3in) from the main entrance.
- The accessible toilet is located immediately beyond the entrance.
- There is level access to the accessible toilet.
Features and Dimensions
- This is not a unisex toilet.
- This is a female toilet.
- A key is not required for the accessible toilet.
- The door opens outwards.
- The door is locked by a locking handle.
- The width of the accessible toilet door is 85cm (2ft 9in).
- The door weight is heavy.
- The dimensions of the accessible toilet are 120cm x 190cm (3ft 11in x 6ft 3in).
- There is a lateral transfer space.
- As you face the toilet pan the transfer space is on the left.
- The lateral transfer space is 60cm (1ft 12in).
- There is a dropdown rail on the transfer side.
- There is a flush on the transfer side.
- The tap type is lever.
- There is a mixer tap.
- There is not a functional emergency alarm available.
- It is out of reach (higher than 10cm (4") from floor).
- Disposal facilities are not available in the cubicle.
- There is not a coat hook.
Position of Fixtures
- Wall mounted rails are available.
- As you face the toilet the wall mounted grab rails are on both sides.
- There is not a shelf within the accessible toilet.
- There are not mirrors.
- The height of the toilet seat above floor level is 46cm (1ft 6in).
- There is a hand dryer.
- The hand dryer cannot be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The hand dryer is placed higher than 100cm (3ft 3in).
- The hand dryer is 120cm (3ft 11in) high.
- There is not a towel dispenser.
- There is a toilet roll holder.
- The toilet roll holder can be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The toilet roll holder is not placed higher than 100cm (3ft 3in).
- There is a sink.
- The sink can be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The sink is placed higher than 74cm (2ft 5in).
- The height of the sink is 76cm (2ft 6in).
Colour Contrast and Lighting
- The contrast between the external door and wall is good.
- The contrast between the internal door and wall is good.
- The contrast between the grab rails and wall is poor.
- The contrast between the drop down rails and wall is poor.
- The contrast between the walls and floor is good.
- The lighting levels are bright.
- There is an identical male accessible toilet next to this cubicle.
- The transfer space in the male toilet is to the right of the seat as shown in photograph 2.
Availability and Location of Standard Toilets
- Standard toilets are not available.
- Staff do receive disability awareness / equality training.
- Documents can be requested in Braille.
- Documents can be requested in large print.
- A bowl of water can be provided for an assistance dog.
- An assistance dog toilet area can be provided onsite.