Show Easy Read
- There is a bus stop within 150m (164yds) of the venue.
- The nearest National Rail station is Dorridge.
- There is not a tram stop within 150m (164yds) of the venue.
- Monday 10:00 - 17:00.
- Tuesday 10:00 - 17:00.
- Wednesday Closed.
- Thursday 10:00 - 18:00.
- Friday 10:00 - 17:00.
- Saturday 10:00 - 13:00.
- Sunday Closed.
- From 13.00 to 15.00 on Saturdays access is provided by volunteers from The Knowle Society. During this time customers can return, renew and loan library items.
- Knit and Natter Group - meet monthly on Tuesdays from 10.30 to 11.30. Next date is 7th February.
- Jellybeans - join us once a month on a Thursday morning for story-time and rhymes for the under 5s. Please contact the Library for more information.
- Alphabet Club - and story-time session for the under 5s, held alternate Mondays, 14.00 - 14.30.
- Knowle Readers Circle - meet monthly on Fridays at 14.15.
- Knowle self run readers group - meet once a month on Tuesdays at 11.30am. New members are welcome.
- Police Surgery - no appointment necessary, please contact the library for the next date.
- Councillors surgeries - held quarterly, please contact the library for the next date and if you wish to book a meeting with one of our local councillors.
- Computer taster sessions - we are offering a six week course on a one to one basis. Charges apply, please contact the library for details.
- Knowle Society - Knowle Society have regular displays in our gallery area and are available each Saturday morning for local history enquiries.
- Under-fives Rhyme Time - held every Friday at 14.00.
- Coffee mornings - held on the first Thursday of the month between 10.30 and 11.30.
- Self-Running Family History Group - to run monthly on a Tuesday between 14.30 and 16.00.
- New monthly Saturday Craft Club - for ages 10 - 12 years between 11.00 and 12.00.
- The venue does not have its own car park.
Public Car Parks
- There is a car park for public use within 200m (approx).
- The name of the car park is Knowle Shoppers.
- The car park is located in St James Close.
Blue Badge On Street Parking
- On street marked Blue Badge bays are not available.
Standard On Street Parking
- Clearly signed and / or standard marked parking bays are not available.
Drop off Point
- There is not a designated drop off point.
Outside Access (Main Entrance)
- This information is for the entrance located on High Street.
- There is not level access into the venue.
- The main door(s) open(s) automatically (towards you).
Second set of doors
- The automatic doors are push pad activated.
- The door(s) is / are double.
- The width of the door opening is 120cm (3ft 11in).
- There is a second set of doors.
- The door(s) open(s) automatically (away from you).
- The door(s) is / are single (with an locked extension leaf).
- The width of the door opening is 85cm (2ft 9in).
Level Change (Main Entrance)
- There is a ramp/slope to access this area/service.
- The ramp or slope is located on the path leading to the entrance.
- The ramp/slope is easy.
- The ramp/slope is permanent.
- There is not a level landing at the top of the ramp/slope.
- The ramp does not have handrails.
- The desk/counter is 5m (5yd 1ft) from the main entrance.
- There is level access to the desk/counter from the entrance.
- The desk/counter is medium height (77cm - 109cm).
- The desk/counter has a low (76cm or lower) section.
- The lighting levels are bright.
- There is a hearing assistance system.
- The hearing system is available only on request.
- The type of system is a portable loop.
- Staff are trained to use the system.
- There is a touch screen.
- The touch screen is not at a suitable height for a wheelchair user.
- There is not level access to the service(s).
- This venue does not play background music.
- Motorised scooters are not allowed in public parts of the venue.
- The lighting levels are bright.
Level Change (Inside Access)
- There is a/are step(s) to access this area/service.
- There is/are 3 step(s) to the area/service.
- The lighting levels at the step(s) are bright.
- The step(s) is/are clearly marked.
- The step(s) is/are shallow (2cm - 10cm).
- There is not a/are not handrail(s) at the step(s).
- There is one step leading into the children's library and the two steps within the children's library. There is a portable ramp available to bypass the steps that staff can assist with.
- This library does not have a regular supply of books in Braille.
- This library does have a regular supply of books in large print.
- This library does have a regular supply of books in audio format.
- There is an ordering service.
- The library does have computers with accessible software.
- Accessible software includes Zoomtext.
- Auxiliary aids are available for computer users.
- A height adjustable chair is / are available.
Other Floors (Gallery)
- The floors which are accessible by stairs are G-1.
- There are 12 steps between floors.
- The steps are not clearly marked.
- The steps are deep (18cm+).
- The steps do have handrails.
- The steps have a handrail on both sides.
- There is not a landing.
- The lighting levels are bright.
- The area(s)/service(s) on the floors which are not accessible is/are the gallery.
- The gallery is used for exhibitions and book reading events.
- There are accessible toilet facilities within this venue.
Location and Access
- The toilet is not for the sole use of disabled people.
- There is pictorial signage on or near the toilet door.
- This accessible toilet is approximately 28m (30yd 1ft) from the main entrance.
- The accessible toilet is located at the rear of the venue.
- There is level access to this accessible toilet.
Features and Dimensions
- This is a unisex toilet.
- A key is not required for the accessible toilet.
- The door opens outwards.
- The door is locked by a locking handle.
- The width of the accessible toilet door is 85cm (2ft 9in).
- The door is light.
- The dimensions of the accessible toilet are 176cm x 190cm (5ft 9in x 6ft 3in).
- There is not sufficient turning space in the cubicle for a wheelchair user.
- There is a lateral transfer space.
- As you face the toilet pan the transfer space is on the left.
- The lateral transfer space is 116cm (3ft 10in).
- There is a dropdown rail on the transfer side.
- There is a flush on the transfer side.
- The tap type is lever.
- There is a mixer tap.
- There is an emergency alarm.
- The emergency pull cord alarm is fully functional.
- Disposal facilities are available in the cubicle.
- There is a/are female sanitary and clinical waste disposal units.
- There is a/are coat hook(s).
- The coat hook is not within 120cm (3ft 11in) from floor level.
Position of Fixtures
- Wall-mounted grab rails are available.
- As you face the toilet the wall-mounted grab rails are on both sides.
- There is a shelf within the accessible toilet.
- The shelf is higher than 100cm (3ft 3in).
- There is a mirror.
- Mirrors are not placed at a lower level or at an angle for ease of use.
- The height of the toilet seat above floor level is 47cm (1ft 7in).
- There is a hand dryer.
- The hand dryer cannot be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The hand dryer is placed higher than 100cm (3ft 3in).
- The height of the hand dryer is 104cm (3ft 5in).
- There is a towel dispenser.
- The towel dispenser cannot be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The towel dispenser is placed higher than 100cm (3ft 3in).
- The height of the towel dispenser is 130cm (4ft 3in).
- There is a toilet roll holder.
- The toilet roll holder can be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The toilet roll holder is not placed higher than 100cm (3ft 3in).
- There is a wash basin.
- The wash basin can be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The wash basin is not placed higher than 74cm (2ft 5in).
Colour Contrast and Lighting
- The contrast between the external door and wall is good.
- The contrast between the internal door and wall is good.
- The contrast between the wall-mounted grab rail(s) and wall is good.
- The contrast between the dropdown rail(s) and wall is good.
- The contrast between the walls and floor is good.
- The lighting levels are medium.
Baby Change Facilities
- Baby change facilities are located within the venue.
- Baby change facilities are located within the accessible toilet.
- The height of the baby change table once extended is 94cm (3ft 1in).
Availability and Location of Standard Toilets
- Standard toilet facilities are not available.
- Staff do receive disability awareness / equality training.
- Documents can be requested in Braille.
- Documents are available in large print.
- A bowl of water can be provided for an assistance dog.
- A member of staff trained in BSL skills is not normally on duty.
- This service cannot be requested.
- Home visits / services are not available.