Show Easy Read
- Related link Main Building - Twelve Quays Campus.
- The Learning Resource Centre is located on the 1st floor of the main building.
Opening Times (Term Time)
- Monday 08:45 - 17:30.
- Tuesday 08:45 - 18:30.
- Wednesday 08:45 - 18:30.
- Thursday 08:45 - 17:30.
- Friday 10:00 - 15:00.
- Saturday Closed.
- Sunday Closed.
Opening Times (Holidays)
- Monday 09:00 - 17:00.
- Tuesday 09:00 - 17:00.
- Wednesday 09:00 - 17:00.
- Thursday 09:00 - 17:00.
- Friday 09:00 - 15:00.
- Saturday 00:00 - 15:00.
- Sunday Closed.
- The venue is situated within the centre of the campus.
- This venue is situated in Birkenhead.
- The venue is not situated on a road which has a steep gradient.
- The nearest mainline station is Hamiliton Square.
- There is not a bus stop within 150m (164yds) of the venue.
- This venue does have its own car park.
- Parking is not free for all users.
- Parking is free for Blue Badge holders – please inform reception of your arrival if you are a visitor.
- The car park is at the front of the venue.
- The car park type is open air/surface.
- Parking spaces for Blue Badge holders do not need to be booked in advance.
- There are 4 designated parking bay(s) within the car park.
- The dimensions of the designated parking bay(s) are 3.6m x 4.8m (11ft 9in x 15ft 8in).
- The nearest designated bay is 15m (16yd) from the main entrance.
- The furthest designated bay is 21m (23yd) from the main entrance.
- The route from the car park to the entrance is accessible to a wheelchair user unaided.
- The car park surface is tarmac.
- There is a dropped kerb/non stepped access from the car park to the venue.
- The dropped kerb does have tactile paving.
- The patron does not have to cross a road.
- The car park does not have a height restriction barrier.
- There is not a designated drop off point.
- Additional car parking is available at the side of the main building.
- There are no designated bays in the side car park, only standard bays.
Outside Access (Main Entrance)
- This information is for the entrance located at the front of the building.
- There is not level access into the venue.
- The main door(s) open(s) automatically.
- The automatic doors are push pad activated.
- The door(s) is / are double.
- The width of the door opening is 140cm (4ft 7in).
- There is a second set of doors.
- The door(s) open(s) automatically (away from you).
- The door(s) is / are single.
- The width of the door opening is 100cm (3ft 3in).
- There is a small lip on the threshold of the entrance, with a height of 2cm or below.
- There is a lift for public use.
- The lift is located on the right, past the refectory.
- The lift is a standard lift.
- The floors which are accessible by this lift are G-1-2-3.
- The lift is approximately 38m (41yd 1ft) from the main entrance.
- Staff do not need to be notified for use of the lift.
- The dimensions of the lift are 130cm x 135cm (4ft 3in x 4ft 5in).
- The clear door width is 90cm (2ft 11in).
- There are not separate entry and exit doors in the lift.
- There is a mirror to aid reversing out of the lift.
- The lift does have a visual floor indicator.
- The lift does have an audible announcer.
- The lift does not have Braille markings.
- The lift does have tactile markings.
- The controls for the lift are within 90cm - 120cm from the floor.
- The lighting level in the lift is bright.
- There is a bank of 2 lifts and the details are the same for both.
- The lift also allows access to the 1st floor of B Block.
Other Floors (Front Staircase)
- The floors which are accessible by stairs are G-1-2-3.
- There are 15+ steps between floors.
- The lighting level is bright.
- The steps are clearly marked.
- The steps are deep.
- The steps do have handrails.
- The steps have a handrail on both sides.
- There is a landing.
- There are also central and rear staircases and the details are the same for all stairs.
Outside Access (1st Floor Entrance)
- This information is for the entrance located off the 1st floor foyer.
- There is level access into the venue.
- Level access is via lift.
- The main doors open automatically.
- The doors are single width.
- The door opening is 107cm (3ft 6in) wide.
- There are electronic barriers directly inside the entrance.
- The barriers make the entrance 95cm wide.
- The desk is 4m (4yd 1ft) from the 1st floor entrance.
- There is level access to reception from the entrance.
- The lighting levels are bright.
- The reception desk is low (76cm or lower).
- There is level access to the service.
- There is a hearing assistance system.
- The hearing system is available only on request.
- The system is a portable loop.
- Staff are trained to use the system.
- This venue does not play background music.
- The lighting levels are bright.
- Motorised scooters are allowed in public parts of the venue.
- Customers can charge scooters or wheelchairs at the venue.
- The internal doors have magnetic retainers to improve access.
- This library does not have a regular supply of books in Braille.
- This library does not have a regular supply of books in large print.
- This library does not have a regular supply of books in audio format.
- There is an ordering service.
- It takes approximately 1-2 days to process an order.
- The library does have computers with accessible software.
- Auxiliary aids are available for computer users.
- A height adjustable table is / are available.
- Other computer auxiliary aids include Zoomtext, Supernova and MyReader.
- Staff do receive disability awareness / equality training.
- Documents can be requested in Braille.
- Documents can be requested in large print.
- A member of staff trained in BSL skills is generally on duty.
- Staff are trained to BSL level (unknown at time of research).
- Staff are Text Relay aware.
- The photograph shows the Myreader machine.
- The control panel is kept in the office and booked out as required.