Show Easy Read
- Opening times for the venue vary according to events taking place. .
- Please contact the venue for details.
- The venue is situated within the centre of the town.
- This venue is situated in Maldon.
- There is not a bus stop within 150m (164yds) of the venue.
- The venue is not situated on a road which has a steep gradient.
- The nearest mainline station is Hatfield Peverel.
Parking (Staff Car Park)
- The venue does not have its own car park.
Public Car Parks
- There is a car park for public use within 200m (approx).
- The car park is located in White Horse Lane.
On Street Parking and Drop-off Details
- On street marked Blue Badge bays are available.
- The dimensions of the marked Blue Badge bays are 310cm x 660cm (10ft 2in x 21ft 8in).
- On street Blue Badge parking is located in White Horse Lane.
- Clearly signed and / or standard marked parking bays are not available.
- There is not a designated drop off point.
Outside Access (Main Entrance)
- This information is for the entrance located at the front of the venue.
- There is level access into the venue.
- The main doors open automatically.
- The doors are double width.
- The door opening is 119cm (3ft 11in) wide.
- There is level access to the service.
- There is not a hearing assistance system.
- This venue does not play background music.
- Motorised scooters are allowed in public parts of the venue.
- Lighting levels are bright.
- Customers can charge scooters or wheelchairs at the venue.
- The floors which are accessible by stairs are G-1.
- There are 7 steps between floors.
- The steps are clearly marked.
- The steps are medium.
- The steps do have handrails.
- The steps have a handrail on both sides.
- There is a landing.
- The lighting level is bright.
- There is a lift for public use.
- The lift is located to the left as you enter the venue.
- The lift is a platform lift.
- The floors which are accessible by this lift are G-1.
- The platform lift accesses a small level change.
- The lift is 8m (26ft 3in) from main entrance.
- Staff do not need to be notified for use of the lift.
- The clear door width is 92cm (3ft 0in).
- The dimensions of the lift are 92cm x 135cm (3ft 0in x 4ft 5in).
- There are separate entry and exit doors in the lift.
- There is not a mirror to aid reversing out of the lift.
- The lift does not have a visual floor indicator.
- The lift does not have an audible announcer.
- The controls for the lift are within reach for a wheelchair user.
- The lift controls do not have Braille markings.
- The lift controls do have tactile markings.
- The lighting level in the lift is bright.
Restaurant Bar Internal (Coffee Bar)
- The following information is for the refectory.
- Once inside, there is level access to the service.
- Food is available from the bar.
- Full table service is available.
- There is ample room for a wheelchair user to manoeuvre.
- All tables are permanently fixed.
- No chairs are permanently fixed.
- All chairs have armrests.
- The nearest table is 9m (29ft 6in) from the main entrance.
- The distance between the floor and the lowest table is 73cm (2ft 5in).
- The distance between the floor and the highest table is 104cm (3ft 5in).
- Menus are wall only.
- Menus are clearly written.
- Menus are presented in contrasting colours.
- The type of food served here is snacks.
- There are accessible toilets within this venue designated for public use.
Location and Access
- The toilet is not for the sole use of disabled people.
- There is Braille , tactile and pictorial signage on or near the toilet door.
- The accessible toilet is 14m (15yd 11in) from the main entrance.
- The accessible toilet is located to the rear of the coffee bar.
- There is level access to the accessible toilet.
Features and Dimensions
- This information is for the male toilet.
- A key is not required for the accessible toilet.
- The door opens outwards.
- The door is locked by a twist lock.
- The width of the accessible toilet door is 92cm (3ft).
- The door weight is heavy.
- The dimensions of the accessible toilet are 172cm x 210cm (5ft 8in x 6ft 11in).
- There is a lateral transfer space.
- As you face the toilet pan the transfer space is on the right.
- The lateral transfer space is 105cm (3ft 5in).
- There is a dropdown rail on the transfer side.
- There is a flush on the transfer side.
- The tap type is lever.
- There is a mixer tap.
- The emergency alarm is fully functional.
- It is not a push button style of alarm.
- Disposal facilities are available in the cubicle.
- There is a coat hook.
- The coat hook is not within 120cm (3ft 11in) from floor level.
Position of Fixtures
- Wall mounted rails are available.
- As you face the toilet the wall mounted grab rails are on both sides.
- There is not a shelf within the accessible toilet.
- There are mirrors.
- Mirrors are not placed at a lower level or at an angle for ease of use.
- The height of the toilet seat above floor level is 49cm (1ft 7in).
- There is a hand dryer.
- The hand dryer cannot be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The hand dryer is placed higher than 100cm (3ft 3in).
- The hand dryer is 110cm (3ft 7in) high.
- There is not a towel dispenser.
- There is a toilet roll holder.
- The toilet roll holder can be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The toilet roll holder is not placed higher than 100cm (3ft 3in).
- There is a sink.
- The sink can be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The sink is not placed higher than 74cm (2ft 5in).
Colour Contrast and Lighting
- The contrast between the external door and wall is good.
- The contrast between the internal door and wall is good.
- The contrast between the grab rails and wall is good.
- The contrast between the drop down rails and wall is good.
- The contrast between the walls and floor is fair.
- The lighting levels are bright.
- There is a female adapted toiled located next to the male accessible toilet.
- This has the same fixtures and fittings as the male toilet.
- Baby change facilities are located within the venue.
- The baby change facilities are located in the female adapted toilet.
- The height of the baby change table once extended is 98cm (3ft 2in).
- Inside the venue, there is level access to the baby change facility.
Availability and Location of Standard Toilets
- Standard toilets are not available.
- Staff do not receive disability awareness / equality training.
- Documents can be requested in Braille.
- Documents are available in large print.
- Plastic cutlery is available.
- Children are welcomed at the venue.
- The photograph shows the computer and music room.