Show Easy Read
- Related link Thames Clippers Accessibility Information.
- Related link Route and timetable information.
- Please see the Thames Clipper website for details of the boat routes and timetables.
- The main clipper routes are RB1 North Greenwich to London Eye and RB2 Tate to Tate.
- There are additional services to Putney in the west and Royal Woolwich Arsenal in the east.
- Many of the ferry piers are close to other transport interchanges:
- Royal Arsenal Woolwich pier is close to Woolwich Arsenal rail/ DLR station.
- North Greenwich Pier connects with North Greenwich Jubilee Line station, North Greenwich bus station and the Emirates Airline (cable car).
- Greenwich Pier is close to Cutty Sark DLR station.
Outside Access (Ferry Entrance)
- This information is for the entrance located at the front of the ferry.
- There is level access into the venue.
- The main door(s) open towards you (pull).
- The doors are single width.
- The door(s) is / are heavy.
- The door opening is 89cm (2ft 11in) wide.
Second set of doors
- There is a small raised threshold in the doorway.
- There is level access to the service.
- This venue does not play background music.
- Motorised scooters are allowed in public parts of the venue.
- The lighting levels are bright.
- Mobility scooters need to register for the mobility scooter scheme before travelling.
- This is to confirm that the scooter is safe to board the boat.
- Wheelchair and scooter users would usually be positioned at the front of the seating area and in the central aisle.
Restaurant Bar Internal (Costa Coffee)
- The following information is for the cafe.
- Once inside, there is level access to the service.
- No tables are permanently fixed.
- All chairs are permanently fixed.
- All chairs have armrests.
- Menus are wall only.
- Menus are clearly written.
- Menus are presented in contrasting colours.
- The type of food served here is snack food.
- There is an/are accessible toilet(s) within this venue designated for public use.
Location and Access
- The toilet is not for the sole use of disabled people.
- There is pictorial signage on or near the toilet door.
- This accessible toilet is approximately 50m (54yd 2ft) from the entrance to the boat.
- This accessible toilet is located towards the rear of the boat, through the seating cabin.
- There is level access to this accessible toilet.
Features and Dimensions
- This is a unisex toilet.
- A key is not required for the accessible toilet.
- The door opens outwards.
- The door is locked by a twist lock.
- The width of the accessible toilet door is 90cm (2ft 11in).
- The door is heavy.
- The dimensions of the accessible toilet are 155cm x 170cm (5ft 1in x 5ft 7in).
- There is sufficient turning space in the cubicle for a wheelchair user.
- There is a lateral transfer space.
- As you face the toilet pan the transfer space is on the right.
- The lateral transfer space is 95cm (3ft 1in).
- There is no dropdown rail.
- There is a flush on the transfer side.
- The tap type is lever.
- There is a mixer tap.
- There is not an emergency alarm.
- Disposal facilities are not available in the cubicle.
- There is a/are coat hook(s).
- The coat hook is not within 120cm (3ft 11in) from floor level.
Position of Fixtures
- Wall-mounted grab rails are available.
- As you face the toilet the wall-mounted grab rails are on both sides.
- There is not a shelf within the accessible toilet.
- There is a mirror.
- Mirrors are not placed at a lower level or at an angle for ease of use.
- The height of the toilet seat above floor level is 44cm (1ft 5in).
- There is a hand dryer.
- The hand dryer cannot be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The hand dryer is not placed higher than 100cm (3ft 3in).
- There is not a towel dispenser.
- There is a toilet roll holder.
- The toilet roll holder can be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The toilet roll holder is not placed higher than 100cm (3ft 3in).
- There is a wash basin.
- The wash basin cannot be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The wash basin is placed higher than 74cm (2ft 5in).
- The height of the wash basin is 77cm (2ft 6in).
Colour Contrast and Lighting
- The contrast between the external door and wall is poor.
- The contrast between the internal door and wall is poor.
- The contrast between the wall-mounted grab rail(s) and wall is fair.
- The contrast between the walls and floor is fair.
- The lighting levels are medium.
Baby Change Facilities
- Baby change facilities are located within the venue.
- Baby change facilities are located within the accessible toilet.
- The height of the baby change table once extended is 79cm (2ft 7in).
- The door from the cabin to the rear deck area where the accessible toilet is located, is heavy and has a small raised threshold.
- Accessible toilets are available on the boats which operate the RB1 and RB2 routes.
- They may not be available on other routes where smaller boats are used.
Availability and Location of Standard Toilets
- Standard toilets are available.
Access to Standard Female and Male Toilet(s)
- The female and male toilets are located at the rear of the ferry.
- The female and male toilets are 16m (17yd) from the ferry entrance.
- Inside the venue, there is level access to the female and male toilet.
- Lighting levels are bright.
Baby Change Facilities
- Baby change facilities are not located within the venue.
- Staff do receive disability awareness / equality training.
- Documents are not available in Braille.
- Documents are not available in large print.
- A member of staff trained in BSL skills is not normally on duty.