- The information in this section was taken in October 2020.
- UAL is regularly reviewing all access to buildings and facilities in response to the latest government guidance. Check the updates on the Coronavirus: Important Information page to find out more.
- There have been no changes to the weekday and Sunday opening times, however there have been some changes to the opening hours on Saturdays.
- There have been no changes to the parking.
- External floor markings are in place to assist the queuing system and social distancing measures. Retractable barriers are also in place when required.
- The front entrance door is the only entry door to the building. All users are advised to keep left.
- Building users leaving the site will need to use the back door that opens onto Holles Street. An exception is given to those with special needs or requirements to use the reception platform lift to exit the building.
- There are hand sanitising stations in place in each part of the communal areas.
- The following internal one way systems are in place; to enter RHS spaces, to enter the canteen area, on the east stairs going up, on the west stairs going down and exiting the building.
- There are a reduced number of chairs and tables in the canteen area.
- Floor markings and wall signage has been installed across the site to help people safely navigating between locations.
- Protective screens have been installed on the main reception desk.
- There is a limit of two people using the lift at any one time.
- Some urinals are out of use in the male toilets to allow for social distancing.
- Facial coverings are required when travelling around site. Masks can be provided to those whom fail to have one.
- For more information about the measures in place for Covid-19 please click here (new tab) .
- Services / facilities within the building include teaching rooms, meeting rooms, IT Open Access and Student Services.
- Services include:.
- Ground Floor - Main Reception.
- Floor 1 - Gallery, Canteen, Library, Reprographics.
- Floor 2 - Student Engagement, Academic Support, Admissions.
- Floor 3 - Archives.
- Floor 4 - Careers, Internal and External Relations.
- Floor 5 - IT Open Access.
- Floor 6 - Teaching Rooms, Roof Terrace.
Location of Room(s)
- Meeting Room 105 is/are located to the right on reaching the upper first floor corridor from the lower first floor.
- To view the AccessAble access guide for London College of Fashion (John Prince's Street) please click here (new tab).
- Directional and locational signage for the room(s) is available in upper and lower case lettering that is clearly visible.
- The corridor outside the room(s) is sufficiently wide enough (150cm+) to allow wheelchair users to pass.
- There is step free access into the room(s).
- There is a steep ramp/slope for access to the room(s).
- The width of the ramp/slope is 90cm.
- The ramp/slope does not have handrails.
- The door opening width(s) is/are 75cm+ for the room(s).
- The door(s) for the room(s) is/are not push pad activated.
- There is step free access to the speaker's area at the front.
- The height of the lectern is 103cm.
- The lectern is not height adjustable.
- There is not a hearing assistance system for the room(s).
- There is not a visual fire alarm beacon in the room(s).
- There is fixed furniture within the room(s).
- The clear floor space beneath tables in the room(s) is 70cm.
- A height adjustable table/bench is not available.
- There is a/are chair(s) with armrests on both sides within the room(s).
- The room does have an unobstructed minimum turning space of 150cm x 150cm.
- Floor coverings in the room(s) are even with no trip hazards.
- There is wiring on the floor which may serve as a trip hazard.