- Services / facilities within the grounds include Myddelton House Visitor Centre.
- Related link Myddelton House Visitor Centre.
- Myddelton House is only open to the public one weekend per year, usually in September.
- The Gardens are open to the public throughout the year.
- The site is located between Capel Manor and Forty Hall.
- Myddelton House and Gardens are accessible on foot from the entrance in Bulls Cross. .
- There are no public rights of way or footpaths through the site.
- There is not a bus stop within 150m (164yds) of the venue.
- The nearest National Rail station is Turkey Street.
- The nearest bus stop is Turkey Street alight the bus at this stop and Myddelton House and Gardens are a 10 minute walk along Turkey Street.
- The Bus numbers are 217, 317, 617, 629 and 327.
Opening Times (April - September)
- Monday 10:00 - 17:00.
- Tuesday 10:00 - 17:00.
- Wednesday 10:00 - 17:00.
- Thursday 10:00 - 17:00.
- Friday 10:00 - 17:00.
- Saturday 10:00 - 17:00.
- Sunday 10:00 - 17:00.
Opening Times (October - March)
- Monday 10:00 - 16:30.
- Tuesday 10:00 - 16:30.
- Wednesday 10:00 - 16:30.
- Thursday 10:00 - 16:30.
- Friday 10:00 - 16:30.
- Saturday 10:00 - 16:30.
- Sunday 10:00 - 16:30.
- The venue does have its own car park.
Venue Car Park
- Parking is free for all users.
- The car park is at the front of the venue.
- The car park type is open air/surface.
- Parking spaces for Blue Badge holders do not need to be booked in advance.
- There are 1 designated parking bay(s) within the car park.
- The dimensions of the designated parking bay(s) are 260cm x 410cm (8ft 6in x 13ft 5in).
- The nearest designated bay is 20m (22yd) from the main access point.
- The route from the car park to the entrance is accessible to a wheelchair user unaided.
- The car park surface is tarmac.
- The patron does not have to cross a road.
- The car park does not have a height restriction barrier.
- There is not a designated drop off point.
- Additional parking is available next to the Visitor Centre. .
Outside Access (Main Access Point)
- This information is for the entrance located off the car parking area, in front of the house.
- There is not level access into the venue.
- The main doors open (no doors).
Level Change (Main Access Point)
- There is a ramp or slope to access this service.
- The ramp or slope is located on the path leading into the gardens.
- The ramp or slope is moderate.
- The ramp or slope is permanent.
Outside Access (Alternative Access Point)
- This information is for the entrance located to the rear of the house.
- There is level access into the venue.
- The main doors open (no doors).
General Access Information
- There are surfaced paths which give access to much of the gardens.
- The surfaced paths have easy and moderate slopes.
- The pond in the centre of the garden does not have fencing around it so care should be taken.
- The maximum depth is 1.2 metres.
- An audio guide is available for use around the gardens.
- There are areas such as the Alpine Meadow and Rock Garden that have narrower unsurfaced paths with steeper slopes.
- There are several stepped areas but these can be bypassed using alternative routes.
- Accessible toilet facilities are available.
Location and Access
- The toilet is not for the sole use of disabled people.
- There is pictorial and tactile signage on or near the toilet door.
- This accessible toilet is approximately 40m (43yd 2ft) from the main entrance.
- This accessible toilet is located on the outer wall of the Visitor Centre courtyard.
- There is level access to this accessible toilet.
Features and Dimensions
- This is a unisex toilet.
- A key is not required for the accessible toilet.
- The door opens outwards.
- The door is locked by a locking handle.
- The width of the accessible toilet door is 83cm (2ft 9in).
- The door is heavy.
- The dimensions of the accessible toilet are 150cm x 210cm (4ft 11in x 6ft 11in).
- There is sufficient turning space in the cubicle for a wheelchair user.
- There is a lateral transfer space.
- As you face the toilet pan the transfer space is on the right.
- The lateral transfer space is 85cm (2ft 9in).
- There is a dropdown rail on the transfer side.
- There is a flush on the transfer side.
- The tap type is lever.
- There is a mixer tap.
- There is an emergency alarm.
- The emergency pull cord alarm is not fully functional.
- The alarm was out of reach (higher than 10cm (4") from floor) when surveyed.
- Disposal facilities are available in the cubicle.
- There is a/are non-infectious waste and sanitary disposal units.
- There is a/are coat hook(s).
Position of Fixtures
- Wall mounted grab rails are available for the toilet.
- As you face the toilet the wall-mounted grab rails are on the left.
- There is not a shelf within the accessible toilet.
- There is a mirror.
- Mirrors are placed at a lower level or at an angle for ease of use.
- The height of the toilet seat above floor level is 45cm (1ft 6in).
- There is a hand dryer.
- The hand dryer cannot be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The hand dryer is not placed higher than 100cm (3ft 3in).
- There is not a towel dispenser.
- There is a toilet roll holder.
- The toilet roll holder can be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The toilet roll holder is placed higher than 100cm (3ft 3in).
- The height of the toilet roll holder is 107cm (3ft 6in).
- There is a wash basin.
- The wash basin can be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The wash basin is not placed higher than 74cm (2ft 5in).
Colour Contrast and Lighting
- The contrast between the external door and wall is good.
- The contrast between the internal door and wall is good.
- The contrast between the wall-mounted grab rail(s) and wall is poor.
- The contrast between the dropdown rail(s) and wall is good.
- The contrast between the walls and floor is good.
- The lighting levels are poor.
Baby Change Facilities
- Baby change facilities are located within the venue.
- Baby change facilities are located within the accessible toilet.
- The height of the baby change table once extended is 90cm (2ft 11in).
Availability and Location of Standard Toilets
- Standard toilets are available.
Access to Standard Female and Male Toilet(s)
- The female and male toilets are located on the outer wall of the visitor centre courtyard.
- The female and male toilets are 40m (44yd) from the main access point.
- Lighting levels are medium.
- There are standard manual wheelchairs available for visitors to borrow at the Visitor Centre.
- All garden staff are trained in fire and evacuation procedures and will direct you in case of an alarm.
- Trained first aiders are available on site.
- The nearest first aid point is in the Visitor Centre.
- Entry to the gardens is free of charge but parking charges apply.
- No dogs are permitted except assistance dogs.