Show Easy Read
- There is a bus stop within 150m (164yds) of the venue.
- The nearest National Rail station is Poulton le Fylde.
- There is not a tram stop within 150m (164yds) of the venue.
- The venue does not have its own car park.
Public Car Parks
- There is not a car park for public use within 200m (approx).
Blue Badge On Street Parking
- On street marked Blue Badge bays are available.
- The dimensions of the marked Blue Badge bays are 250cm x 600cm (8ft 2in x 19ft 8in).
- On street Blue Badge parking is located opposite the lighthouse.
Standard On Street Parking
- Clearly signed and / or standard marked parking bays are available.
- The dimensions of the standard marked parking bays are 250cm x 600cm (8ft 2in x 19ft 8in).
- Standard marked parking bays are located in front of the lighthouse.
Drop off Point
- There is not a designated drop off point.
- The lighthouse is located in a residential street.
- There is no access into the lighthouse itself.
- There are benches available for seating around the lighthouse.
- The surfaces around the lighthouse are a combination of block paving and paving slabs.
- Information on the Lighthouse:
- The Pharos Lighthouse (also known as the Upper Lighthouse) is a 93-foot (28 m) tall sandstone lighthouse situated in Fleetwood, Lancashire, England. The lighthouse was designed in 1839 by Decimus Burton and Captain H.M. Denham. Burton had been commissioned three years previously by Sir Peter Hesketh Fleetwood as the architect of the new town of Fleetwood. Construction was completed in 1840. Unusually for a functioning British lighthouse, it stands in the middle of a residential street (Pharos Street). Though officially named the 'Upper Lighthouse', it has been known as the 'Pharos' since its construction, after the celebrated ancient lighthouse Pharos of Alexandria.
- The lighthouse was designed and constructed in conjunction with the much shorter (34 feet (10 m) Lower Lighthouse (also known as Beach Lighthouse) which stands on Fleetwood seafront. The lighthouses are designed to be used as a pair to guide shipping through the treacherous sandbanks of the Wyre estuary. The light from the Pharos should be kept immediately above the light from the Lower for safe passage down the channel. Both lighthouses were first illuminated on 1 December 1840. The lamp is approximately 104 feet (32 m) above sea level, giving a range of about 12 nautical miles (22 km).
- For many years, the lighthouse was painted a striking cream and red colour, but in the late 1970s, the original sandstone was again exposed. The Fleetwood terminal loop of the Blackpool tramway runs past the foot of the lighthouse. The lighthouse is managed by the Port of Fleetwood. The interior is closed to the general public.
- Accessible toilet facilities are not available.
Availability and Location of Standard Toilets
- Standard toilet facilities are not available.