COVID-19 Information (University of Brighton)
- Services / facilities within the building include 28 standard ensuite rooms.
- Related link Phoenix Court Reception.
- The venue is situated within the centre of the city.
- This venue is situated in Brighton.
- The venue is situated on a road which has a steep gradient.
- The nearest mainline station is Brighton.
- There is a bus stop within 150m (164yds) of the venue.
- The venue does not have its own car park.
- There is a car park for public use within 200m (approx).
- The name of the car park is Phoenix Court Reception Car Park.
- The car park is located outside Phoenix Court Reception.
- On street marked Blue Badge bays are not available.
- Clearly signed and / or standard marked parking bays are not available.
- There is not a designated drop off point.
- There is no access from the car park to the entrance due to steep slopes.
Outside Access (Block E Entrance)
- This information is for the entrance located at the front of the building.
- There is not level access into the venue.
- The main doors open towards you (pull).
- The doors are single width.
- The doors are heavy.
- The door opening is 86cm (2ft 10in) wide.
Level Change (Block E Entrance)
- There is a ramp or slope to access this service.
- The ramp or slope is located leading to the entrance.
- The ramp or slope is easy.
- The ramp or slope is permanent.
- There is not a level landing at the top of the ramp.
- There is not level access to the service.
- There is not a hearing assistance system.
- Lighting levels are medium.
Location of Accessible Accommodation
- The establishment provides 0 accessible accommodation facilities with an ensuite and/or separate accessible bathroom.
Ground Floor Rooms
- Ground floor rooms do not have level access.
Standard Rooms on Other Floors
- There are standard rooms on other floors.
- The other floors cannot be accessed by lift.
- Adjoining rooms are not available.
- The floors which are accessible by stairs are G-1-2.
- There are 14 steps between floors.
- The lighting level is medium.
- The steps are clearly marked.
- The steps are medium.
- The steps do have handrails.
- The steps have a handrail on both sides.
- There is a landing.
- The services on the floors which are not accessible are standard rooms.
- Staff do receive disability awareness / equality training.
- Documents can be requested in Braille.
- Documents can be requested in large print.
- A member of staff trained in BSL skills is not generally on duty.
- This service can be requested.
- Staff are Text Relay aware.