COVID-19 Information (University of Brighton)
- Services / facilities within the grounds include Phoenix Court Block A, B, C, D, E, Phoenix Court Nursery.
- There are steep slopes leading to Phoenix Court Block A, B, D, E from the reception.
- The venue is situated within the centre of the city.
- This venue is situated in Brighton.
- The venue is not situated on a road which has a steep gradient.
- The nearest mainline station is Brighton.
- There is a bus stop within 150m (164yds) of the venue.
- The venue does have its own car park.
Venue Car Park
- The car park is at the front of the venue.
- The car park type is open air/surface.
- There are 4 designated parking bay(s) within the car park.
- The dimensions of the designated parking bay(s) are 360cm x 460cm (11ft 10in x 15ft 1in).
- The nearest designated bay is 4m (13ft 1in) from the main entrance.
- The furthest designated bay is 15m (16yd) from the main entrance.
- The route from the car park to the entrance is accessible to a wheelchair user with assistance.
- Assistance may be required because there is / are slopes/ramps.
- The car park surface is tarmac.
On Street Parking and Drop-off Details.
- There is not a designated drop off point.
Outside Access (Main Entrance)
- This information is for the entrance located at the front of the building.
- There is not level access into the venue.
- The main doors open automatically.
- The doors are single width.
- The door opening is 80cm (2ft 7in) wide.
- This door is automatic via a push pad.
Level Change (Main Entrance)
- There is a ramp or slope to access this service.
- The ramp or slope is located in front of the entrance.
- The ramp or slope is easy.
- The ramp or slope is permanent.
- The reception desk is 2m (6ft 7in) from the main entrance.
- There is level access to reception from the entrance.
- The reception desk is low height.
- Lighting levels are medium.
- There is a hearing assistance system.
- The type of system is a portable loop.
- The hearing system is available only on request.
- Staff are trained to use system.
- Flashing alarms and vibrating pillows are available on request.
- There is level access to the service.
- There is not a hearing assistance system.
- This venue does not play background music.
- Lighting levels are varied.
- Motorised scooters are allowed in public parts of the venue.
- Adapted toilet facilities are available within Phoenix Court Block C.
- Standard toilet facilities are available within Phoenix Court Block C.
- Staff do receive disability awareness / equality training.
- Documents can be requested in Braille.
- Documents can be requested in large print.
- A member of staff trained in BSL skills is not generally on duty.
- This service can be requested.