Show Easy Read
Getting Help and Assistance
- There is a member of staff available for help and assistance.
- Staff do not receive disability awareness/equality training.
- There is not a member of staff trained in British Sign Language.
- The alternative formats documents can be provided in include; large print on request.
- Water bowls for assistance dogs are available.
- There are not mobility aids available.
- Wincanton Racecourse is situated on the B3081 between Wincanton and Bruton. The B3081 is just off the A303. It is 37 miles south of Bristol and 38 miles north of Bournemouth. From Bournemouth, follow the signs towards Blandford on the A350. Continue on the A350 until the traffic lights north of Blandford. At the traffic lights turn left towards Sturminster Newton on the A357. Take the A357 and continue through numerous villages. Bypass Sturminster Newton, remaining on the A357 and then follow the signs to Stalbridge and Wincanton. As you come into Wincanton town centre the racecourse is signposted and is on the B3081 towards Bruton. From Bristol follow the signs for Shepton Mallet on the A37 and at Shepton Mallet follow signs to Castle Cary and Wincanton on the A371. Follow the signs for Wincanton town centre and the racecourse is approximately 1 mile from the town on the B3081, on the left hand side.
- There is free parking at the racecourse and places allocated for disabled drivers are available in all car parks. For those who wish to park on the rails, parking is available in this area on every raceday. The on-the-day cost to park is £6 per car (£8 on feature days) plus a Grandstand ticket for each occupant. On Boxing Day the cost is £10 per car plus a course enclosure entry ticket at £12 per person. This does not allow access to the parade ring but upgrades are possible on the day subject to availability.
- There is not a bus stop within 150 metres of the venue.
- The nearest Railway Station is Templecombe.
- There is a raceday courtesy bus service from Templecombe to the racecourse and it meets the train from Waterloo before racing and returns to the station at the end of the day. Times vary according to the train timetable and race times but can be found on the fixture's page in the run up to the day. Other stations in the area are Castle Cary, which is on the Paddington-Bristol line and is 8 miles north of Wincanton, and Bruton which is on the same line and is approximately 4 miles from Wincanton.
Outside Access (Racecourse Office)
- This information is for the entrance located at the front of building.
- The entrance area/door is clearly signed.
- There is ramped/sloped access at this entrance.
- There is not a canopy or recess which provides weather protection at this entrance.
- The entrance door(s) does not/do not contrast visually with its immediate surroundings.
- The main door(s) open(s) towards you (pull).
- The door(s) is/are single width.
- The door(s) is/are heavy.
- The width of the door opening is 80cm.
- There is a small lip on the threshold of the entrance, with a height of 2cm or below.
- The ramp/slope is located just beyond the entrance.
- The gradient of the ramp/slope is slight.
- The ramp/slope is permanent.
- There is not a/are not handrail(s) at the ramp.
- The width of the ramp/slope is 80cm (2ft 7in).
- The lighting levels at the ramp/slope are good.
Counter (Racecourse Office)
- The counter is located ahead after you enter.
- The counter is approximately 3m (3yd 10in) from the Racecourse Office Entrance.
- The counter is clearly visible from the entrance.
- There is step-free access to the counter.
- There is a clear unobstructed route to the counter.
- There are no windows, TVs, glazed screens or mirrors behind the counter which could adversely affect the ability of someone to lip read.
- The counter is not placed in front of a background which is patterned.
- The lighting levels at the counter are good.
- The height of the counter is high (110cm+).
- There is sufficient space to write or sign documents on the counter.
- There is a lowered section of the counter.
- There is not sufficient space to write or sign documents on the lowered section of the counter.
- There is not a clear knee recess beneath the lowered section of the counter.
- The counter is staffed.
- There is not a hearing assistance system at the counter.
- The type of flooring in this area is carpet.
- There is a waiting area close to the counter.
- Access to the waiting area is unobstructed.
- There are seats with armrests on both sides.
- There is sufficient space for a wheelchair user to use the waiting area.
- There is not an/are not accessible toilet(s) for public use.
- The nearest accessible toilet(s) is/are located next to the Hatherleigh Stand or next to the Grandstand.
- Standard toilet facilities are not available.
- The nearest standard toilet(s) is/are located next to the Hatherleigh Stand or next to the Grandstand.