Show Easy Read
- Monday Closed.
- Tuesday Closed.
- Wednesday Closed.
- Thursday Closed.
- Friday Closed.
- Saturday 14:00 - 17:00.
- Sunday 14:00 - 17:00.
- The venue is closed in December and January.
- There is a bus stop within 150m (164yds) of the venue.
- The nearest National Rail station is St Albans.
- The venue does have its own car park.
Venue Car Park
- Parking is free for all users.
- The car park is located at the side of the building.
- The car park type is open air/surface.
- Parking spaces for Blue Badge holders do not need to be booked in advance.
- There is/are 7 designated parking bay(s) within the car park.
- The nearest designated bay is 12m (13yd 4in) from the main entrance.
- The furthest designated bay is 21m (22yd 2ft) from the main entrance.
- The route from the car park to the entrance is accessible to a wheelchair user with assistance.
- Assistance may be required because there is / are loose chippings.
- The car park surface is loose chippings.
- The patron does not have to cross a road.
- The car park does not have a height restriction barrier.
On Street Parking and Drop-off Details
- There is not a designated drop off point.
Outside Access (Main Entrance)
- This information is for the entrance located to the rear of the building.
- There is not level access into the venue.
- Main Entrance
- The main door(s) open away from you (push).
- The doors are single width.
- The door(s) is / are permanently held open.
- The door opening is 73cm (2ft 5in) wide.
Level Change (Main Entrance)
- There is a / are step(s) to access this area / service.
- The step(s) is/are located in front of the entrance.
- There is / are 1 step(s) to the area / service.
- The step(s) is / are not clearly marked.
- The step(s) is / are shallow.
- The steps do not have handrails.
- The desk is 1m (3ft 3in) from the main entrance.
- There is level access to reception from the entrance.
- The reception desk is low (76cm or lower).
- The lighting levels are medium.
- There is a hearing assistance system.
- The type of system is a portable loop.
- Staff are not trained to use the system.
- There is level access to the service.
- This venue does not play background music.
- The lighting levels are varied.
- The floors which are accessible by stairs are G-1.
- There are 15+ steps between floors.
- The steps are not clearly marked.
- The steps are medium (11cm - 17cm).
- The steps do have handrails.
- The steps have a handrail on both sides.
- There is a landing.
- The lighting levels are medium.
- The services / areas on the floors which are not accessible are the Skillman Gallery.
- Exhibits cannot be audio described.
- Tactile signage for exhibits is not available.
- Braille signage for exhibits is not available.
- Touch tours are not available.
- Video tours are available.
- There is not a hearing assistance system.
- Concessions are not available.
- There is not a wheelchair to borrow.
- There are not accessible toilets within this venue designated for public use.
Availability and Location of Standard Toilets
- Standard toilets are available.
Access to Standard Male Toilet(s)
- The male toilets are located at the rear of the venue.
- The male toilets are 7m (7yd 1ft) from the main entrance.
- Inside the venue, there is level access to the male toilet.
- Lighting levels are medium.
- Staff do not receive disability awareness / equality training.
- Documents are not available in Braille.
- Documents are not available in large print.
- A bowl of water can be provided for an assistance dog.