Show Easy Read
- This Route starts at Guildford Station and runs to Senate House Car Park. This route is approximately 1300 meters long.
Guildford Station to Jewson
- As you leave the station follow the signs for the exit. Once at the road exit, follow the path down towards the main road and round to the left. At this point, the path has a tarmac surface which has a gradient sloping down towards the road. When you're on Walnut Tree Close, you’ll need to follow the path for 0.4 miles until you reach the store signed Jewson. There are multiple road crossings along Walnut Tree Close, all of which have dropped kerbs without tactile paving. The majority of the path has a tarmac surface which is uneven and can become narrow in places.
Jewson to the train track bridge
- Once you have reached Jewson, turn left and begin to follow the hill up to the bridge. The Hill has a steep gradient and has a very uneven surface, made of stones. Follow the road for another 50 meters until you come to the start of the bridge. The gradient becomes even steeper as the road and bridge meet. The surface changes from an uneven stone surface to a block paving surface which is uneven in places. As you come onto the bridge, the surface becomes tarmac until the end.
Train track bridge to the road
- Once off the bridge, continue to follow the path until it splits into two, the gradient remains steep after the bridge. Take the right path and follow to the road. Once at the road, the gradient levels out and becomes flat. Turn right and begin to follow the road. There is a road crossing about 10 meters in front of you with a deep step down. For these 15 meters you’ll have to go onto the road until there is a dropped kerb. Once back onto the path, continue to follow the path as it runs past Millennium House on the right hand side and the Centre of Wellbeing on the left. The path has a tarmac surface.
Follow the path round to the contractors car park, past The Duke of Kent, Academic Building and the lake
- Continue along the path as you come up to the bend. Follow the bend round as you pass The large building which is on the left on the opposite side of the road. The gradient at this point quickly becomes a steep hill for roughly 30 meters before you reach the top and it levels out again. Just at the end of the corner the path narrows for a short distance before widening out again. The path is still tarmac as it levels out again. Continue along the path, passing the academic blocks on the left hand side, and the lake on your right until you come to a road crossing for the contractors car park.
Contractor's car park to Senate House Car Park
- Once at the contractor's car park entrance, cross the road using the dropped kerb which has tactile paving. Continue along the path, past the bus stops and carry on until you come to the end, opposite Senate House, at the zebra crossing. Cross the road and turn right. At the end of the building, turn immediately left to a second zebra crossing at which point you will be in the car park. The path and road are both smooth but are uneven in places.