Show Easy Read
- This Route starts at GSA (Guildford School of Acting) and runs to Manor Park Reception via the Underpass and Tesco.
- Related link Guildford School of Acting (Block GSA).
- Related link Manor Park Student Village Reception and Restaurant.
GSA Building to underpass
- As you turn right out of the GSA Building there is a moderate slope leading up towards the traffic lights. At the traffic lights turn right onto the path. There are barriers at the entrance to the path. The path slopes to the right and there is tactile paving at the beginning. When you come to the cross paths, continue straight ahead towards the underpass where the slope is moderate going downhill. The path is tarmac and has tactile paving in front of the barriers before you enter the underpass.
Underpass to Tesco roundabout
- Once you are through the underpass there is a steep slope that bears to the right. There are more barriers and the surface is tarmac. Continue up the path where it becomes more moderate and then levels out. The path then bears left down towards some more barriers. Follow the path to the right under another underpass where the path changes from tarmac to concrete. The path in the underpass is moderate slope. Once through the underpass the path changes to tarmac and then there is a steep slope with more barriers at the top. The path then bears round to the left with some uneven surfaces and tactile paving. Continue along the path to where the railings are and then the path bears right down an East slope and you then arrive at the Tesco roundabout. When you cross the road there is a dropped kerb with tactile paving and an island in the centre of the road with dropped kerbs and tactile paving.
Tesco roundabout to traffic lights
- Once you have crossed the roundabout the pavement bears round to the right onto Egerton Road. There is a bus stop on your right hand side with uneven surfaces. Once past the bus stop there is an easy slope up towards the traffic lights.
Traffic lights to roundabout
- At the traffic lights there are two islands with dropped kerbs and tactile paving. Once you have crossed the traffic lights take the path straight ahead on Gill Avenue that runs parallel with the hospital on your right. The path is tarmac with a moderate slope. As you continue along the path you have to cross one of the roads leading into the hospital. There is tactile paving at the crossing. The path continues up a moderate to steep slope before it bears to the right. Continue across another road (visitors car park) with tactile paving and then up another moderate to steep slope before it levels out. There is another road to cross with tactile paving. The path continues on a moderate to steep slope before you come to another crossing with tactile paving. Continue along the path until you come to a phone box. Take the path to the right and in about 20 meters on your left hand side there is a dropped kerb with tactile paving and a road island. Cross the road and turn right onto the path. The roundabout is in front of you.
Roundabout to Manor Park Reception
- At the roundabout, take the first exit on your left onto Rosalind Franklin Close and there is a bus stop on your left hand side. The path is tarmac with an easy slope. Once past the bus stop there is a dropped kerb without tactile paving to access the road. Follow the road around to the left to where the barrier entrance is and Manor Park Reception is on your left hand side.