Show Easy Read
- The route plan is from Tower 1 to the Lionel Robbins Building. It goes via Grange Court and St Clements Lane.
- The route covers a distance of approximately 100m and includes slopes ranging from easy to steep.
Pankhurst House and Fawcett House Entrance to Steps or Lift
- Turn left as you exit Pankhurst House and Fawcett House.
- Continue past the bicycle racks on the left and right.
- Walk for 25m to the lift and steps ahead of you.
- The lift is located to the left of the steps.
- The surface consists of uneven tarmac.
Lift or steps to Centre Building Courtyard
- Ahead there is a lift to overcome the steps up to Grange Court.
- This lift requires an LSE keycard to operate.
- The clear door width of the lift is 90cm.
- The lift is 135cm wide and 155cm in depth.
- The card reader and lift open button are at a height of 95cm and there is an exterior alarm which is at a height of 90cm.
- At time of survey due to construction works the path had a width of only 82cm.
- The height of the lift controls within the lift are at a height of 110cm.
- There is an audible announcer, visual floor indicator, tactile markings and a hearing loop. There are identical, separate entry/exit doors and no mirror to aid reversing. The lift has a weight limit of 750kg.
- Alternately, go up the 14 medium unmarked steps.
- There is no tactile paving.
- There are handrails on the left and in the centre.
- Pass through the gate at the top and turn to the right onto Grange Court, which has a width of 90cm between the central handrail and the left gate and 83cm between the central handrail and the right gate.
- After overcoming the level change either via steps or lift continue straight through the slight ramp to the Centre Building Courtyard. The ramp has a handrail through going through the middle.
Centre Building Courtyard to John Watkins Plaza
- After entering the Centre Building Courtyard, continue across the courtyard toward the John Watkins Plaza on the right.
- Head past the tree bed structures toward the ramp.
John Watkins Plaza to Lionel Robbins Building
- On John Watkins Plaza, there is a long upward steep slope with handrails on either side for approximately 15m.
- To access the slope there are bollards with a width of 145cm.
- When you get to the top of the slope, the Lionel Robbins Building is directly ahead of you.