Show Easy Read
- The route plan is from Tower 1 to the Lionel Robbins Building.
- It goes via Grange Court and St Clements Lane.
- The route covers a distance of approximately 100m and includes slopes ranging from easy to steep.
Tower 1 to steps or Lift
- Turn left as you exit Tower 1.
- Continue past the bicycle racks on the left and right.
- Walk for 25m until there is the lift or steps ahead of you.
- The lift is located to the left of the steps.
- The surface consists of uneven tarmac.
Lift or steps to St Clements Lane
- Ahead there is a lift to overcome the steps up to Grange Court.
- This lift requires an LSE keycard to operate.
- The clear door width of the lift is 89cm.
- The lift is 105cm wide and 170cm in depth.
- At time of survey due to construction works the path had a width of only 82cm.
- There is an audible announcer and tactile markings.
- Alternately, go up the 14 medium unmarked steps.
- There is no tactile paving.
- There are handrails on the left and in the centre.
- Pass through the gate at the top and turn to the right onto Grange Court, which has a width of 90cm between the central handrail and the left gate and 83cm between the central handrail and the right gate.
- After overcoming the level change either via steps or lift turn right and down the easy slope located there.
- The slope has no handrails.
- At time of survey due to construction work the slope has a width of only 122cm
- The slope goes downwards and lasts for approximately 15m.
St Clements Lane to John Watkins Plaza
- Turn left at the end of the slope onto St Clements Lane.
- There is uneven concrete and cobbled paving here and a width of 110cm between flower beds.
- Go onto the pavement running on the right hand side of St Clements Lane.
- There is an easy slope upwards
- Due to construction work at the time of survey the width of the path is only 110cm.
- After 20m from the flower beds you will need to head onto the road via a temporary drop kerb and then continue on to John Watkins Plaza.
- The surface of the road is tarmac with the occasional drain and manhole cover.
- After 50m turn right onto John Watkins Plaza.
John Watkins Plaza to Lionel Robbins Building
- On John Watkins Plaza, there is an upward steep slope with handrails on either side for approximately 15m.
- To access the slope there are bollards with a width of 145cm
- When you get to the top of the slope, the Lionel Robbins Building is directly ahead of you.