Show Easy Read
- Related link Albion Car Park.
- Related link London Borough of Bexley Civic Offices.
- This guide describes a step-free walking route between the Albion Road public car park and the Civic Offices. .
- The route is approximately 200m long.
- It may take about 5 minutes to walk.
- If you have difficulty getting around it could take 10 minutes.
- There are two main roads to cross.
- Both have pedestrian crossings.
Albion Car Park Lift
- The lift is located at the centre front of the building.
- It serves levels 1-3-5-7 at the front of the car park.
- Use the lift to access the ground floor of the car park.
- The lift is next to the accessible pedestrian entrance/exit.
Albion Car Park Accessible Pedestrian Exit
- On leaving the car park there is a moderate slope down.
- Some of the paving slabs are uneven.
- After 5m the path meets the pavement.
- Turn left onto Albion Road.
Continue along Albion Road
- The pavement is level in this area.
- Look out for signposts in the pavement.
- After 50m, continue as the pavement curves round to the left and into Gravel Hill.
Follow the pavement round the curve
- The Marriot Hotel is on your left.
- There is a moderate slope up on the pavement.
- There is tactile paving to indicate a pedestrian crossing.
- Do not cross here.
- Continue up the slope.
- You will see the Civic Offices ahead.
Traffic lights to cross over The Broadway
- There is tactile paving to indicate the pedestrian crossing.
- There is a pedestrian island.
- Cross the road in two sections.
- Each section has dropped kerbs.
- Each section has its own push buttons for the crossing.
- The crossing does not have an audible announcer.
- The first section heads towards the Civic Offices.
- The second section crosses towards the Royal Albert Pub.
- Turn to the right of the pub.
- Continue on to Woolwich Road.
Woolwich Road towards the pedestrian crossing
- Look out for an uneven section where the pub's cellar doors are set into the pavement.
- After 25m, carefully cross the entrance to the pub car park.
- The pavement dips slightly here.
- 5m after the entrance there is a pedestrian crossing.
Woolwich Road pedestrian crossing
- The crossing is in two sections with a refuge in the middle.
- Each section is controlled by separate push buttons and lights.
- There is not an audible announcer at this crossing.
- There are dropped kerbs with tactile paving at the crossing.
Far side of Woolwich Road pedestrian crossing
- Continue ahead for 3m towards the building.
Civic Office entrance ramp
- The ramp has a moderate slope.
- It is 13m long, with a landing half way up.
- The ramp does not have handrails.
- There is a large level area at the top of the ramp.
- Turn left at the top of the ramp.
- The double doors open automatically.
- You have arrived at the Civic Offices.