Show Easy Read
- Related link Letchworth Garden City Station.
- This route plan covers the journey from Letchworth Garden City Station to Central Approach.
- The journey is approximately 300 metres.
Letchworth Garden City Station
- Start at Letchworth Garden City Station.
- The station has lift access from both platforms.
- There are easy and moderate slopes between the lifts and the station entrance.
- Please see the Letchworth Garden City Station access guide for further information.
Letchworth Garden City Station Car Park
- Turn right as you exit the station entrance.
- After 40 metres cross the road at the crossing (photograph 5).
- The path between the entrance and the crossing is mostly even with a slight uphill gradient and consists of block paving (as shown in photographs 1-4).
- The crossing is located opposite the bike racks.
- There is tactile paving and dropped kerbs on both sides of the crossing.
- The road surface at the crossing is uneven.
- Be wary of vehicles entering and exiting the car park.
- Turn left at the end of the crossing, turn left again and cross over Station Place.
- There is approximately 5 metres between the crossings (as shown in photograph 1).
- There dropped kerbs and tactile paving on both sides of the crossing.
- The road surface at the crossing is mostly even (as shown in photograph 3).
- Be wary of vehicles entering the car park.
- After crossing, turn slightly right and continue along Station Place.
- The path is uneven in places with a continuous downhill slope along this section of the route.
- The path curves from right to left along Station Place.
Station Place Traffic Light Crossing
- After 60 metres, turn right and cross the road at the traffic light crossing towards the Platform Public House.
- There are dropped kerbs and tactile paving on both sides of the crossing.
- The traffic light control unit is 105cm high with a rotating cone warning system and no audible warning.
The Platform Public House
- Bear left towards the sculptures and continue ahead for 40 metres.
- The path at this section of the route is mostly level with a surface of paving slabs.
- There are fountains on either side of the sculpture with slight gradients leading down into them.
- Turn right and continue ahead along Eastcheap.
- After approximately 20 metres there is a vehicle driveway that is level with the path and has no tactile paving (as shown in photograph 4).
- Be wary of vehicles attempting to use the driveway when crossing.
- The path at this section of the route has a continuous easy upwards gradient with a surface of paving slabs.
- Be wary of restaurant menu boards and narrowing of the path in places.
- After 140 metres, turn left and cross the road towards Garden Square Shopping Centre.
- There is tactile paving on both sides of the crossing.
- The path is level with the road at the crossing.
- Be wary of traffic from the right when crossing.
- After crossing, continue ahead into the Garden Square Shopping Centre (Central Approach).