COVID-19 Information (Birkbeck, University of London)
Location of Room(s)
- RUS (30) 103 is/are located between the ground and first floor on the rear left staircase of 30 Russell Square.
- To view the AccessAble access guide for 30 Russell Square please click here (new tab).
- A portable hearing loop can be requested from the AV Office in the Birkbeck Malet Street Building.
- Directional and locational signage for the room(s) is available in upper and lower case lettering that is clearly visible.
- The corridor outside the room(s) is sufficiently wide enough (150cm+) to allow wheelchair users to pass.
- There is not step free access into the room(s).
- The door opening width(s) is/are 75cm+ for the room(s).
- The door(s) for the room(s) is/are not push pad activated.
- There is a hearing assistance system for the room(s) available on request.
- There is not a visual fire alarm beacon in the room(s).
- There is not fixed furniture within the room(s).
- There is sufficient space for a wheelchair user to manoeuvre within the room(s).
- The clear floor space beneath tables in the room(s) is 75cm.
- A height adjustable table/bench is not available.
- There are no chairs with armrests on both sides within the room(s).
- Floor coverings in the room(s) are not even.
- There is a height adjustable chair in the room.
- The most accessible way to access the room is to go to the first floor by lift and use the rear left staircase on which there are 9 medium steps.
- There are only 8 steps to reach the room coming from the ground floor but there are two steps you will need to overcome to reach the staircase.