- Related linkhttp://www.recycleforessex.com/our-waste-strategy/changes.
Opening Times (1st March - 15th October)
- Monday 09:00 - 17:00.
- Tuesday 09:00 - 17:00.
- Wednesday 09:00 - 17:00.
- Thursday 09:00 - 17:00.
- Friday 09:00 - 17:00.
- Saturday 09:00 - 17:00.
- Sunday 09:00 - 17:00.
- The site closes at 13:00 on Christmas Eve and New Year’s Eve.
- The site is closed Christmas Day, Boxing Day and New Year's Day.
Opening Times (16th October - 28th February)
- Monday 09:00 - 16:00.
- Tuesday 09:00 - 16:00.
- Wednesday 09:00 - 16:00.
- Thursday 09:00 - 16:00.
- Friday 09:00 - 16:00.
- Saturday 09:00 - 16:00.
- Sunday 09:00 - 16:00.
- The venue is situated outside the centre of the town.
- This venue is situated in Saffron Walden.
- There is not a bus stop within 150m (164yds) of the venue.
- The venue is not situated on a road which has a steep gradient.
- The nearest mainline station is Audley End.
Vehicle Entrance and Exit
- The vehicle entrance is located just off Thaxted Road.
- The vehicle exit is located at the rear of the site and rejoins Thaxted Road.
- During opening hours there is no height restriction barrier at the entrance.
- During busier periods, there may be a queue of vehicles into the Recycling Centre.
- Light commercial vehicles (under 3500kg) will be accepted if they are carrying your own household waste.
- Site staff may stop you at the gate to ensure the waste you are carrying has come from the household.
- There are unloading bays located either side of the access road.
- There is step free access throughout the site.
- There is a pedestrian walkway located around the edge of the site.
- There are between 1 and 10 steps into the skips.
- A member of staff can provide assistance with unloading into the skips.
- Saffron Walden recycling centre only accepts the following amounts of DIY waste:
- -In any 28-day period you may not exceed three wheelbarrow loads (one car boot) of soil, hardcore or gypsum-based products including plasterboard and dry wall lining, and one wheelbarrow load of tiles.
- -In any six-month period you may not exceed three large ceramic items (e.g. toilet or wash basin), one uPVC or wooden window frame, one uPVC or wooden door, three wooden internal doors or any elements of a built-in kitchen.
- There are not accessible toilets within this venue designated for public use.
Availability and Location of Standard Toilets
- Standard toilets are not available.
- Staff do receive disability awareness / equality training.
- Children are welcome, although must either stay in their vehicle or be closely monitored by an adult.