Show Easy Read
- The security office is located on the first floor.
- The venue is situated within the centre of the city.
- This venue is situated in Liverpool.
- There is a bus stop within 150m (164yds) of the venue.
- The nearest mainline station is Liverpool Lime Street.
- Parking on the main hospital site is limited to staff and permit holders.
- There is some disabled parking on site but it is generally used by staff with the exception of the Diabetic Centre where outpatients of that facility can park if displaying a Blue Badge.
- It may be possible to drive onto the site to drop off disabled patients outside the side or rear entrances but this is at the discretion of security staff.
- There are drop-off areas outside the main and emergency department entrances and also outside the Linda McCartney and Education Centres but vehicles must not be parked in these areas.
- Patients and visitors can park in the nearby secure Q-Park facility which is situated less than a 5 minute walk from the hospital and is open 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- The vehicle entrance to Q-Park is on Epworth Street (off Erskine Street).
- A pedestrian exit is available on the Prescot Road side of the car park.
- The car park has over 40 designated Blue Badge bays on level 1 and two additional bays on each of the other levels.
- The dimensions of the bays are 3.5m x 6.5 (11ft 5in x 21ft 3in).
- Parking charges are the same for Blue Badge holders.
- There is a height restriction of 2.1 metres (6ft 10in) at Q-Park so if you have a vehicle above this height please contact the Trust’s Security Team on 0151 706 2228 to make alternative arrangements.
- A shuttle bus services runs between the Q-Park car park and the Royal and Dental Hospitals.
- The bus runs on request and car park staff can radio for one to arrive within a few minutes.
Other Floors (ABC)
- The floors which are accessible by stairs are LG-G-1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9-10-11.
- There are 15+ steps between floors.
- The steps are clearly marked.
- The steps are deep.
- The steps do have handrails.
- The steps have a handrail on both sides.
- There is a landing.
- The lighting level is medium.
Outside Access (Hospital Main Entrance)
- This information is for the entrance located at the front of the hospital, off Prescot Street.
- There is level access into the venue.
- The main doors open automatically.
- The doors are double width.
- The door opening is 154cm (5ft 1in) wide.
- The automatic doors are push pad operated.
- Alternatively, there are automatically revolving doors.
- The lift is located in a corridor off the hospital foyer.
- The lift is 75m (82yd) from main hospital entrance.
- The lift is a standard lift.
- The floors which are accessible by this lift are LG-G-1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9-10-11.
- Staff do not need to be notified for use of the lift.
- The clear door width is 130cm (4ft 3in).
- The dimensions of the lift are 160cm x 240cm (5ft 3in x 7ft 10in).
- There are not separate entry and exit doors in the lift.
- There is not a mirror to aid reversing out of the lift.
- The lift does have a visual floor indicator.
- The lift does have an audible announcer.
- The controls for the lift are within reach for a wheelchair user.
- The lift controls do not have Braille markings.
- The lift controls do have tactile markings.
- The lighting level in the lift is bright.
- There is level access to reception from the entrance.
- The reception desk is medium height.
- The desk does not have a lowered section.
- Lighting levels are bright.
- There is not a hearing assistance system.
Location and Access
- There are not accessible toilets within this venue designated for public use.
Availability and Location of Standard Toilets
- Standard toilets are not available.
- Disability awareness training can be provided for staff.
- The most commonly used documents can be produced in different formats on request.
- Different formats include Braille, large print and different languages.
- British Sign Language Interpreters can be provided on request.
- Language Interpreters can be provided on request.
- The main languages requested are Cantonese, Arabic, Somali, Mandarin, Polish and Kurdish.
- Registered assistance dogs are generally welcomed in all areas although departments with high risk from infection, such as wards and intensive care units, should be contacted in advance.
- Switchboard staff are Type Talk aware.
- Help with luggage is available for inpatients.
- The mobility aids available in the hospital include mobile hoists, ceiling tracking hoists, wheelchairs, motorised wheelchairs, tri wheel walkers, shower chairs, bath hoists, commodes, walking sticks, walking frames, hoist slings, adjustable beds and crutches.
- There is no charge for mobility aids.
- To obtain mobility aids please contact a nurse/doctor.
- There is not a mobility scooter charging point at the hospital.
- Portable hearing loop systems are available at the hospital.