Show Easy Read
- The venue has seasonal opening times.
- April - October on the 2nd and 4th Sunday of the month 14:00- 17:00.
- November - March on the 2nd Sunday of the month 14:00- 17:00.
- For additional opening weekends, please refer to the website.
- There is a bus stop within 150m (164yds) of the venue.
- The nearest National Rail station is St Albans.
Outside Access (Main Entrance)
- This information is for the entrance located at the front of the building.
- There is not level access into the venue.
- The main door(s) open away from you (push).
- The doors are double width.
- The door(s) is / are permanently held open.
- The door opening is 200cm (6ft 7in) wide.
Level Change (Main Entrance)
- There is a ramp or slope to access this service.
- The ramp or slope is located in front of the entrance.
- The ramp or slope is easy.
- The ramp or slope is permanent.
- There is a level landing at the top of the ramp.
- The ramp does not have handrails.
- There is a steep permanent slope leading to the signal box.
- The door leading in is single, is heavy and 76cm wide.
- There is a second door which is single, heavy and 77cm wide.
- The venue consists of easy, medium and steep ramps/slopes.
- There is a steep set of stairs leading to the higher point of the signal box.
- The paths throughout the venue are dirt and 133cm wide.
- There are accessible toilets within this venue designated for public use.
Location and Access
- The toilet is not for the sole use of disabled people.
- There is no signage on or near the toilet door.
- The accessible toilet is 2m (2yd 7in) from the signal box entrance.
- The accessible toilet is located to the right as you enter the signal box.
- There is level access to the accessible toilet.
Features and Dimensions
- This is a unisex toilet.
- A key is not required for the accessible toilet.
- The door opens outwards.
- The door is locked by a twist lock.
- The width of the accessible toilet door is 76cm (2ft 6in).
- The door weight is heavy.
- The dimensions of the accessible toilet are 146cm x 200cm (4ft 9in x 6ft 7in).
- There is sufficient turning space in the cubicle for a wheelchair user.
- There is a lateral transfer space.
- As you face the toilet pan the transfer space is on the right.
- The lateral transfer space is 61cm (2ft).
- There is no dropdown rail.
- There is not a flush on the transfer side.
- The tap type is lever.
- There is a mixer tap.
- There is not an emergency alarm in the cubicle.
- Disposal facilities are available in the cubicle.
- There is a coat hook.
- The coat hook is not within 120cm (3ft 11in) from floor level.
Position of Fixtures
- Wall mounted rails are available.
- As you face the toilet the wall mounted grab rails are on the left.
- There is a shelf within the accessible toilet.
- The shelf is not higher than 100cm (3ft 3in).
- There are mirrors.
- Mirrors are not placed at a lower level or at an angle for ease of use.
- The height of the toilet seat above floor level is 47cm (1ft 7in).
- There is not a hand dryer.
- There is a towel dispenser.
- The towel dispenser cannot be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The towel dispenser is placed higher than 100cm (3ft 3in).
- The towel dispenser is 123cm (4ft) high.
- There is a toilet roll holder.
- The toilet roll holder can be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The toilet roll holder is not placed higher than 100cm (3ft 3in).
- There is a sink.
- The sink can be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The sink is not placed higher than 74cm (2ft 5in).
Colour Contrast and Lighting
- The contrast between the external door and wall is poor.
- The contrast between the internal door and wall is good.
- The contrast between the grab rails and wall is fair.
- The contrast between the walls and floor is good.
- The lighting levels are medium.
Availability and Location of Standard Toilets
- Standard toilets are not available.
- Staff do not receive disability awareness / equality training.
- Documents are not available in Braille.
- Documents are not available in large print.
- A bowl of water can be provided for an assistance dog.
- The venue can provide a DVD to show the signal box demonstration for those who can not access the second floor.