Show Easy Read
- St Michaels Park is a terrace of 6 properties, not interlinked, which provide self catered accommodation. The houses do not have level access, all have steps to the kitchen and dining areas and most have steps to bathroom and toilet facilities.
- The houses are situated in the heart of the campus close to the Arts and Social Science Library and Senate House. Students who are less mobile by reason of lack of stamina would find this accommodation especially useful. St Michaels Park is affiliated to Manor Hall which is approximately 1km away on Lower Clifton Hill.
- From the city end of the M32 follow the signs to Bristol Royal Infirmary passing the Cabot Circus Shopping Centre on your left. Take the second exit at the roundabout (Marlborough Street) and pass the frontage of the hospital. Keep right and at the traffic lights turn right signposted to St Michael's Hospital and Redland. Keep left up St Michaels Hill passing the Children's Hospital on your right. At the brow of the hill pass the turning into Tyndall Avenue and the campus buildings on the left. The next left turn is St Michaels Park and the residences are halfway down the street on the right.
- There is kerbside parking for residential permit holders from 09:00-17:00 Monday to Friday or pay at the parking meter (maximum stay 3 hours).
- Bus services 9 and 72 stop approx 50m away on St Michaels Hill. Service 9 is a circular route from Temple Meads railway station to Redland and service 72 runs from Temple Meads to Frenchay; both serve the city centre. Approximately 100m away, at the other end of St Michaels Park, on Woodland Row the university service 16 stops. The 16 serves the university campuses and halls of residence at Stoke Bishop.
- The nearest station is Clifton Down, approximately 1km away. The station is served by bus 16. The main station, Temple Meads, is approximately 2km away and is served by buses 9 and 72.
- To see more information on Accommodation Office please click here (opens new tab).
- Telephone Number: 0117 954 6640.
- Email: email@example.com.
- To see more information on Parking at Residences please click here (opens new tab).
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- To see more information on Disability Services please click here (opens new tab).
- Telephone Number: 0117 331 0444.
- Email: email@example.com.
- The building does not have its own dedicated parking.
Site/Campus Car Parks
- There is not a site/campus car park within approximately 200m.
Public Car Parks
- There is not a car park for public use within 200m (approx).
Drop Off Point
- There is not a designated drop off point.
- All parking in the area is on-street and requires either a residents parking pass or payment at parking meters for a maximum of 3 hours. There are no individual bays marked.
- The entrances to each of the 6 units (numbers 28-33) are slightly different.
- Some have a shallow step at the gate and level access at the entrance door, others have level access at the gate and a shallow step at the door.
- All the doors are 87cm wide and open away from you with no automatic action. Some of the houses have front door bells although none are at a height suitable for a wheelchair user.
- Each house has two accommodation rooms at the entrance level. Houses 28 (Room 1) and 32 (Room 13) each have one ensuite room, all the other rooms have shared bathroom facilities.
- In each house there are stairs to the first floor rooms with a handrail on one side. There are a varying number of steps to the bathroom and kitchen levels in each house. All steps are clearly marked and some have a handrail.
- Number 28 has 5 steps to the bathroom and kitchen (photographs 1-3).
- Number 29 has 4 steps to the bathroom and one inside the kitchen door (photographs 4 & 5)
- Number 30 has 5 steps to the bathroom and kitchen (photographs 6).
- Number 31 has 4 steps to the bathroom and another one to the kitchen (photographs 7 & 8).
- Number 32 has 4 steps to the bathroom and kitchen (photographs 9 & 10).
- Number 33 has 2 steps to the bathroom and another one to the kitchen (photographs 11 & 12).
Kitchens and Bathrooms
- The kitchen and bathroom facilities vary between the houses but are similar. None have facilities for mobility impaired residents. Photographs 1-5 show House 28, photographs 6 & 7 House 30, photographs 8 & 9 House 31 and photograph 10 House 32.
Location and Access
- There are not accessible toilet facilities within this venue.
- There are some fire alarm strobes to notify hearing impaired people of an evacuation.
- There is not level egress from the ground floor.
- There is stepped egress from the ground floor.
- The upper floor(s) is/are not accessed via a passenger lift.
- Access to the upper floor(s) is via stairs.
- There is not a refuge point in this building.
- There is not an evacuation chair for the building.
- There is not an evacuation lift for the building.