Show Easy Read
- Related link Terminal 2 Departures Check In.
- Related link Terminal 2 Pre Duty Free Departure Lounge.
- Security is accessed from the Check In area via steps, escalators or lifts, and leads to the Pre Duty Free Departure Lounge.
Outside Access (Security Fast Lane Entrance)
- There is level access at this entrance.
- There are no doors.
- The entrance opening is 116cm (3ft 9in) wide.
- This entrance is 57 metres from the lift by the Door 2 flight information boards, and 64 metres from the Door 1 flight information boards lift.
- There is level access to the service.
- This venue does not play background music.
- The lighting levels are varied.
- The photograph shows the passenger preparation area, located 10 metres from the fast lane entrance.
- This is where passengers can dispose of items not allowed past the Security area, such as water bottles and sharp objects.
- Some of the disposal areas may not be accessible to wheelchair users, but staff are always available to help.
Passport Control Desk
- The passport control desk is 35m (41yd) from the fast lane entrance.
- There is level access to the desk from the entrance.
- The desk is high.
- The desk does not have a lowered section.
- Lighting levels are medium.
- There is not a hearing assistance system.
- There is a gate located next to the Passport Control desk, 90cm wide, leading to the Security check area.
- There are also barriers, 64cm wide, on the other side of the desk.
Security Check Area
- The photograph shows the gate, 100cm wide, located between X-ray lanes 10.
- This gate is used by wheelchair users to access the security area.
- The gate is 57 metres from the fast lane entrance.
Other Floors (Leading to Departure Lounge)
- The floors which are accessible by stairs are 2-3.
- There are 15+ steps between floors.
- The lighting levels are medium.
- The steps are clearly marked.
- The steps are medium (11cm - 17cm).
- The steps do have handrails.
- The steps have a handrail on both sides.
- There is a landing.
- Escalator(s) can be used to access other floors.
- The floors which are accessible by escalator are 2-3.
- The escalators steps are not clearly marked.
- The foot and head of the escalators are clearly marked.
- The lighting levels are medium.
- There is a lift for public use.
- The lift is located at the far side of the Security area.
- The lift is a standard lift.
- The floors which are accessible by this lift are 2-3.
- The lift is 47m (51yd 1ft) from the Security check area.
- Staff do need to be notified for use of the lift.
- The dimensions of the lift are 168cm x 188cm (5ft 6in x 6ft 2in).
- The clear door width is 109cm (3ft 7in).
- There are not separate entry and exit doors in the lift.
- There is a mirror to aid reversing out of the lift.
- The lift does have a visual floor indicator.
- The lift does have an audible announcer.
- The lighting level in the lift is medium.
- The lift does have Braille markings.
- The lift does have tactile markings.
- These lifts give step free access from the Security area to the departure lounge.
- Accessible toilet facilities are available.
Location and Access
- The toilet is not for the sole use of disabled people.
- There is pictorial signage on or near the toilet door.
- This accessible toilet is approximately 36m (39yd 1ft) from the fast lane entrance.
- This accessible toilet is located along the corridor straight ahead from the fast lane entrance.
- There is level access to this accessible toilet.
Features and Dimensions
- This is a unisex toilet.
- A key is not required for the accessible toilet.
- The door opens outwards.
- The door is locked by a locking handle.
- The width of the accessible toilet door is 86cm (2ft 10in).
- The door is light.
- The dimensions of the accessible toilet are 202cm x 248cm (6ft 8in x 8ft 2in).
- There is a clear 150cm x 150cm manoeuvring space in the accessible toilet.
- There is a lateral transfer space.
- As you face the toilet pan the transfer space is on the right.
- The lateral transfer space is 200cm (6ft 7in).
- There is a dropdown rail on the transfer side.
- There is a flush on the transfer side.
- The tap type is lever.
- There is a mixer tap.
- The emergency pull cord alarm is not fully functional.
- The alarm was out of reach (higher than 10cm (4") from floor) when surveyed.
- Disposal facilities are available in the cubicle.
- There is a/are coat hook(s).
- The coat hook is within 120cm (3ft 11in) from floor level.
Position of Fixtures
- Wall-mounted grab rails are available for the toilet.
- As you face the toilet the wall-mounted grab rails are on both sides.
- There is not a shelf within the accessible toilet.
- There is a mirror.
- Mirrors are placed at a lower level or at an angle for ease of use.
- The height of the toilet seat above floor level is 48cm (1ft 7in).
- There is a hand dryer.
- The hand dryer cannot be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The hand dryer is not placed higher than 100cm (3ft 3in).
- There is a toilet roll holder.
- The toilet roll holder can be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The toilet roll holder is placed higher than 100cm (3ft 3in).
- The height of the toilet roll holder is 103cm (3ft 5in).
- There is a wash basin.
- The wash basin can be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The wash basin is not placed higher than 74cm (2ft 5in).
Colour Contrast and Lighting
- The contrast between the internal door and wall is good.
- The contrast between the external door and wall is good.
- The contrast between the wall-mounted grab rail(s) and wall is good.
- The contrast between the dropdown rail(s) and wall is fair.
- The contrast between the walls and floor is good.
- The lighting levels are bright.
- All accessible toilets within the airport have Non Visual Disabilities signage (photograph 3).
- There is a RoomMate device available for the accessible toilet. RoomMate is an electronic, wall-mounted device which offers audio description of the toilet to blind and visually impaired visitors. For use of the RoomMate please phone the venue in advance.
Availability and Location of Standard Toilets
- Standard toilets are available.
Access to Standard Female and Male Toilet(s)
- The female and male toilets are located next to the adapted toilet.
- The female and male toilets are 42m (45yd 2ft) from the fast lane entrance.
- Inside the venue, there is level access to the female and male toilets.
- Lighting levels are medium.
- Staff do receive disability awareness / equality training.
- Documents can be requested in Braille.
- Documents can be requested in large print.
- A member of staff trained in BSL skills is not generally on duty.
- This service can be requested.
- Staff are Text Relay aware.