COVID-19 Information (Manchester Airport)
- The information in this section was taken in October 2021.
- Further information on terminal changes can be found here.
- Hand sanitiser is available at all entry/exit points and key 'high touch' areas. These have been positioned so as to not impede general access around the site.
- Manchester Airport strongly recommends the wearing of face coverings at all times in the terminal building. This is in line with government guidance, which states that it expects and recommends face coverings to be worn on public transport and where crowds can gather. Many airlines are continuing to make face coverings mandatory, so passengers are advised to check with their carrier before flying.
- Signage is in place across the site to enforce the social distancing measures. This is supported by regular audio announcements.
- Protective screens have been installed at all counters where face to face transactions occur including the reception points for assistance, check-in, ticket desks and in retail outlets. In other areas such as security where this is not practical, the wearing of face coverings is mandatory.
- Toilets are available.
- From Monday 4 October, those who have been fully vaccinated will not need a pre-departure test before arriving into England from a non red list country. Later in October, fully vaccinated passengers will be able to take a lateral flow test instead of a day 2 PCR test.
- For more information about the measures in place for Covid-19 please click here (new tab) .
- Services/facilities within the venue include Short Stay parking, Premium Parking, Arrivals Pick Ups.
- For the Terminal 2 Departures Check-In DisabledGo access guide please click here (new tab).
- For the Terminal 2 Arrivals Hall DisabledGo access guide please click here (new tab).
- For the Terminal 2 - Drop Off DisabledGo access guide please click here (new tab).
Meet & Greet Parking Service
- Manchester Airport offers passengers a Meet & Greet parking service.
- This service needs to be pre-booked either by telephone or internet and you will be given a reference number.
- On arrival at the airport you will need to drive up to the barriers at the entrance to the Meet & Greet parking area and quote your reference number by using the intercom.
- You will then be directed to park in a numbered lane.
- After removing the luggage from the car, you will need to go to the Meet & Greet Desk within the Terminal 2 Check in Building, where you leave your car keys with staff, who will check your departure and arrival time with you.
- When arriving back at the airport, you will need to go to the Meet & Greet Building where you can pick up your car keys and you will be told where your car is parked.
- There is a lift to go from the Meet & Greet parking area to the parking level to access the Check In building.
- There are sets of automatic doors leading to the Check in building.
- The route to the building crosses the access road for the Terminal 2 Drop Off. There are pedestrian crossing points next to each entrance.
- Any passengers who are either wheelchair users or have a mobility impairment will have their car parked in one of the Blue Badge parking bays.
Counter (Terminal 2 Meet and Greet)
- The counter is located opposite Check In Zone C.
- Clear signage for the counter is visible from the entrance.
- There is step-free access to the counter.
- There is a clear unobstructed route to the counter.
- There are no windows, TVs, glazed screens or mirrors behind the counter which could adversely affect the ability of someone to lip read.
- The counter is placed in front of a plain background.
- The lighting levels at the counter are moderate to good.
- The height of the counter is 118cm.
- There is sufficient space to write or sign documents on the counter.
- There is a lowered section of the counter.
- The height of the lowered section at the counter is 76cm.
- There is sufficient space to write or sign documents on the lowered section of the counter.
- There is a clear knee recess beneath the low/lowered section of the counter.
- The counter is staffed.
- There is not a hearing assistance system at the counter.
- The type of flooring in this area is tiles.
- There is flooring which is shiny and could cause issues with glare or look slippery to some people.
- There are self-service kiosk machines. There is a self-service key drop area. The height of the key drop slots vary between 120cm and 150cm.
- There is not a seating area close to the counter.
- The nearest accessible toilet(s) is/are located Terminal 2 Departures Check-In.
- The nearest standard toilet(s) is/are located Terminal 2 Departures Check-In.