COVID-19 Information (Manchester Airport)
- The information in this section was taken in October 2020.
- The terminals remain open for business aligned to passenger schedules. However Terminals 2 and 3 have closed with all operations concentrated in Terminal 1. Further information on terminal changes can be found here.
- Some of the car products have paused trading due to the changes in terminal operations. At present this includes; Meet and Greet products in all terminals, Jet Parks products and the Terminal 2 car parking products.
- There have been no changes to the airports opening times.
- A small external queuing system exists for Terminal 1 A.
- To manage social distancing in the terminals, only travelling persons are permitted in terminal buildings.
- For guests requiring special assistance they may be assisted up to such a point where they have reported to ABM or proceeded through security having completed the check-in process.
- In Terminal 1 on the main departures level (A), access to the check-in hall is permitted only through Doors 2. Doors 1 & 3 are unavailable during this time.
Access into the terminal using the escalator from the Skylink us not available. Adjacent lifts/stairs should be used.
- Hand sanitiser is available at all entry/exit points and key 'high touch' areas. These have been positioned so as to not impede general access around the site.
- General orientation around the buildings is unchanged with the exception of Terminal 1 check-in.
- Signage is in place across the site to enforce the social distancing measures. This is supported by regular audio announcements.
- Protective screens have been installed at all counters where face to face transactions occur including the reception points for assistance, check-in, ticket desks and in retail outlets. In other areas such as security where this is not practical, the wearing of face coverings is mandatory.
- Toilets are available.
- There have been no changes to the toileting facilities.
- The adult changing facility in Terminal 2 is currently closed due to the closure of the terminal.
- Additional Customer Service personnel have been added within the check-in halls to manage access control for travelling guests only.
- • From December 2020, COVID testing will be available to meet UK and foreign government requirements for travel to destinations which require evidence of a negative test for entry or to reduce quarantine periods. From 15th December 2020, passengers arriving in the UK will be able to reduce their quarantine period by taking a test five days after arrival and receiving a negative result.
- For more information about the measures in place for Covid-19 please click here (new tab) .
- Services / facilities within the building include Greggs, the Spud Factory, Joe's Kitchen, Post Office, Travelex Foreign Exchange, Boots, WHSmith, Spar, The Aviation Shop, Voyager Arcade and Car Rental Courtesy Phones.
- Related link Terminal 1 Baggage Reclaim.
- Services/facilities within the venue include Short Stay parking, Premium Parking, Arrivals Pick Ups.
- For the Terminal 2 Departures Check-In DisabledGo access guide please click here (new tab).
- For the Terminal 2 Arrivals Hall DisabledGo access guide please click here (new tab).
- For the Terminal 2 - Drop Off DisabledGo access guide please click here (new tab).
Meet & Greet Parking Service
- Manchester Airport offers passengers a Meet & Greet parking service.
- This service needs to be pre-booked either by telephone or internet and you will be given a reference number.
- On arrival at the airport you will need to drive up to the barriers at the entrance to the Meet & Greet parking area and quote your reference number by using the intercom.
- You will then be directed to park in a numbered lane.
- After removing the luggage from the car, you will need to go to the Meet & Greet Desk within the Terminal 2 Check in Building, where you leave your car keys with staff, who will check your departure and arrival time with you.
- When arriving back at the airport, you will need to go to the Meet & Greet Building where you can pick up your car keys and you will be told where your car is parked.
- There are sets of automatic doors leading to the Check in Building.
- The route to the building crosses the access road for the Terminal 2 Drop Off, there pedestrian crossing points next to each entrance.
- Any passengers who are either wheelchair users or have a mobility impairment will have their car parked in one of the Blue Badge parking bays.
Counter (Terminal 2 Meet and Greet)
- The counter is located to the left after you enter.
- Clear signage for the counter is visible from the entrance.
- There is step-free access to the counter.
- There is a clear unobstructed route to the counter.
- There are no windows, TVs, glazed screens or mirrors behind the counter which could adversely affect the ability of someone to lip read.
- The counter is placed in front of a plain background.
- The lighting levels at the counter are moderate to good.
- There is sufficient space to write or sign documents on the counter.
- There is a lowered section of the counter.
- The height of the lowered section at the counter is 78cm.
- There is sufficient space to write or sign documents on the lowered section of the counter.
- There is a clear knee recess beneath the low/lowered section of the counter.
- The counter is staffed.
- There is not a hearing assistance system at the counter.
- The type of flooring in this area is tiles.
- There is not a waiting area close to the counter.
- There are two self-service kiosk machines.
- There is a self-service key drop area.
- The height of the key drop slots varies between 90cm and 120cm.
- The nearest accessible toilet(s) is/are located Terminal 2 Departures Check-In.
- The nearest standard toilet(s) is/are located Terminal 2 Departures Check-In.