Show Easy Read
- Related link Terminal 3 Departures Check In.
- Related link Terminal 3 Gates 1-19 Departure Level.
- Related link Terminal 3 Lower Departures (Gates 141 - 150).
- Related link Terminal 3 Upper Level Departures.
- Security is accessed from the Check In Area.
- From there it leads to the Terminal 3 Gates 1-19 Departure Level and Terminal 3 Lower Level Departures (Gates 141 - 150), which leads to Terminal 3 Upper Level Departures.
Outside Access (Priority Lane Entrance)
- This information is for the entrance located at the front of the Security area.
- There is not level access at this entrance.
- There are no doors.
- The priority lane can be used by wheelchair users to access the Security area.
Level Change (Priority Lane Entrance)
- There is a slope located just inside the entrance.
- The slope is moderate.
- The slope is permanent.
Passport Security Desk
- The Passport Security desk is 19m (21yd) from the priority lane entrance.
- The desk is high.
- The desk does not have a lowered section.
- Lighting levels are medium.
- There is a hearing assistance system.
- The hearing system is a fixed loop.
- Staff are trained to use the hearing system.
- The details here are for the desk accessed from the priority lane.
- The gap between the desks here is 167cm wide.
X-Ray Security Lanes 2-3
- Lanes 2-3 are accessed by passengers using the priority lane, and are 26 metres from the priority lane entrance.
- A gate, 108cm wide, is available between the lanes for wheelchair users to access the X-ray security area.
- The gap leading to this gate is 102cm wide.
- There is not level access in this area.
- This venue does not play background music.
- The lighting levels are varied.
- The photographs show the information wall at the rear of the Security area.
- It contains a map of the Departure areas and flight information boards.
- The information wall is 37 metres from the rear of the X-ray security lanes.
Level Change (Ramp and Steps to the Information Wall)
- There is a ramp or slope to access this service.
- The ramp or slope is located to the left past X-ray security lanes.
- The ramp or slope is moderate.
- The ramp or slope is permanent.
- The width of the ramp or slope is 135cm (4ft 5in).
- There is a / are step(s) to access this area / service.
- The step(s) is / are located to the left past the X-ray security lanes.
- There is / are 3 step(s) to the area / service.
- The lighting levels at the steps are medium.
- The step(s) is / are clearly marked.
- The step(s) is / are medium.
- The steps do have handrails.
- The handrails are on both sides.
- The ramp overcomes the steps, and has handrails both sides.
- Staff do receive disability awareness / equality training.
- Documents can be requested in Braille.
- Documents can be requested in large print.
- A member of staff trained in BSL skills is not generally on duty.
- This service can be requested.
- Staff are Text Relay aware.