COVID-19 Information (Aberystwyth University)
- The information in this section was taken in March 2021.
- Building opening times will vary depending on COVID-19 restrictions in place at the time.
- There have been no changes to the Blue Badge parking bays.
- In buildings where teaching takes place, one-way systems have been introduced, with some designated entrances and exit points.
- One-way systems will be in force during the changeover period between teaching activities (generally between ten to and ten past the hour).
Individuals with accessibility requirements, however, are not required to follow building one-way systems, and continue to be able to enter, exit and navigate buildings via the most accessible routes.
- In tight entrance and exit points, hand sanitising stations will generally be wall-mounted rather than free standing to maximise the available space.
- Hand sanitising stations have been installed at all building entrances and exits. Supplies of sanitising wipes have also been made available at strategic locations.
- Floor markings have been added to assist with social distancing and way-finding, to account for one-way systems. Signage has also been put on walls and doors to remind building users to keep at least 2 metres apart.
- Room capacities have been reviewed and reduced to ensure that social distancing of at least 2 metres can be maintained. Maximum room capacities will be clearly signposted at the entrances.
- Protective screens have been introduced at all reception desk areas.
- Building lifts should be single occupancy only, unless individuals are with other members of their households or extended households.
- Some urinals and cubicles in standard toilets have been closed to assist with social distancing. Majority of toilet areas have been changed to single occupancy areas only, adopting a knock and shout approach.
- Communal changing areas are closed. All shower areas to be single occupancy areas only, adopting a knock and shout approach.
- All users of University buildings are expected to comply with the University's guidance on face coverings Individuals who are exempt from the requirement to wear a face covering are asked to wear a distinguishable lanyard to identify to others that they are exempt.
- For more information about the measures in place for Covid-19 please click here (new tab) .
- Additional information about the measures in place for Covid-19 can be found here (new tab) .
Location of Room(s)
- Think Tank Llandinam is/are located in the middle of Llandinam (Geography and Earth Sciences) on floor B.
- To view the AccessAble access guide for Llandinam (Geography and Earth Sciences) please click here (new tab).
Outside Access (Think Tank Entrance)
- This information is for the entrance located off the car park.
- There is step free access at this entrance.
- There is a canopy or recess which provides weather protection at this entrance.
- The main door(s) open(s) automatically (towards you).
- The door(s) is / are double.
- The width of the door opening is 170cm (5ft 7in).
- There is a small lip on the threshold of the entrance, with a height of 2cm or below.
- There are ramps to exit the Think Tank into the rest of the building. These are described in the Getting Around section.
- There is another entrance into the Think Tank on its opposite side. This has a single heavy manual door with one leaf locked and a width of 92cm and is accessed by 15 deep steps. This can be seen in photographs 3 and 4.
- Directional and locational signage for the room(s) is available in upper and lower case lettering that is clearly visible.
- The corridor outside the room(s) is sufficiently wide enough (150cm+) to allow wheelchair users to pass.
- There is step free access into the room(s).
- There is a slight ramp/slope for access to the room(s).
- The ramp/slope has handrails on both sides.
- The door opening width(s) is/are 75cm+ for the room(s).
- The door(s) for the room(s) is/are not push pad activated.
- There is step free access to the speaker's area at the front.
- There is not a hearing assistance system for the room(s).
- There is not a visual fire alarm beacon in the room(s).
- There is some fixed furniture within the room(s).
- There is sufficient space for a wheelchair user to manoeuvre within the room(s).
- A height adjustable table/bench is not available.
- There are no chairs with armrests on both sides within the room(s).
- Floor coverings in the room(s) are even with no trip hazards.
- There is an external entrance with level access into Think Tank from the Llandinam car park and external stepped access to the Think Tank to it's rear.
- There are slopes on either side of the Think Tank leading into it internally within the building one of these internal entrances can be seen in photographs 1 and 2 and the other 3 and 4.